Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Jeopardy - Post Alex Trebek Era

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Veltri, Jan 11, 2021.

1. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Well more Americans do need to improve their diet and exercise more and they would be healthier.Sounds like he is referring to natural remedies instead of prescribed meds. I'm all for that, as many medications are harmful.
    Back to Jeopardy who is the next guest host?

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

hopefully someone most qualified...

3. spencer1

spencer1 Great Western Forum Resident

Speaking as someone who has watched “Jeopardy” since it was a daytime show hosted by Art Fleming my personal feeling is that Dr. Oz is just the worst.

Sometimes wonky medical views and advice aside he’s unappealing, awkward, seems kinda dickish and is just not good at it.

4. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

Aaron Rodgers. I thought Oz was OK when I saw his first day, but I agree with the poster above - he does seem kind of dickish and doesn’t wear well over the long haul. Next!

CusBlues likes this.
  5. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

I know Oz has had some controversy over the years and I thought he was a strange pick for guest host but I actually think he's doing a great job. I do understand why people don't find him appealing. His demeanor can be off putting. He does read the questions well and keeps the game moving along. I also think it's funny when he's a bit dismissive when someone gives a bonehead answer.

Grand_Ennui, CusBlues and Paul J like this.
  6. CusBlues

CusBlues Fort Wayne’s Favorite Son

I think Dr. Oz is a better Jeopardy host than Dr.

2trackmind likes this.
  7. Michael

he sucks...as does his show and other unmentionables.

Adam9 likes this.
  8. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

After a two-week break for “Doctor” Oz, I tuned in tonight with low expectations for Aaron Rodgers [Note: I’m NOT a Packers fan].
    I’m surprised how much I liked his low-key presentation. Others?

9. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

I thought he was pretty bad - echoes of that other stiff from the football world, Rolf Benirschke on “Wheel of Fortune”. Enough with the amateurs.

2trackmind and Nightfly68 like this.
  10. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

As I predicted earlier in this thread, I knew when Aaron Rodgers was up, the local affiliate was gonna make a big to do about it-They have special little promos/bumpers of Aaron saying to watch "Jeopardy" on Fox-11, and while I didn't see it, the early morning (4:30-9:00am) news was going to have a story about it, and on the 5:00pm news tonight, they talked to a few people at a local bar about what they thought about Aaron's hosting, and the news at 9:00pm was going to continue that story by getting the viewers reactions to his hosting job/skills...

11. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

He got the job done. He's clearly not a TV personality. He is a fan and a celebrity tournament winner so I guess why not have him fill in.

Does anyone know when they're trying to have a new permanent host by?

Adam9 likes this.
  12. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

This entire season is guest hosts.

13. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident

Rodgers has the personality of a dial tone.

14. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

:laughup:

As a radio personality myself, I usually find it unfair to ever judge a first weeks performance as a whole because of nerves and all, but clearly, even after only one show, I can already tell that Rodgers will never get the "edge" or "tone" that this shows host HAS to provide. He's not quite a dial tone, but pretty close to this ...

Strummergas and Nightfly68 like this.
  15. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Bring back Mike Richards! He's the best one!

MikeT, GMfan87', Kyle B and 1 other person like this.
  16. spencer1

spencer1 Great Western Forum Resident

At least Rodgers is likable.
    Dr. Oz not so much ...

17. CusBlues

CusBlues Fort Wayne’s Favorite Son

I liked his reading of the answer in the bald person category where "Who is Larry David?" was the question. His Larry David impression wasn't great, but passable. ;)

18. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

19. Grand_Ennui

Well, I caught that story on the 9:00pm news, and gee, what a surprise, everyone they talked to thought he was doing great... They need to take their Packers fan glasses off and look at the reality of it all-Aaron Rodgers just ain't cutting it... Thankfully it's only a two week stint...

All of the previous guest hosts have been better than Rodgers (yes, even Dr. Oz).

20. Grand_Ennui

Not entirely true-Alex Trebek hosted about half of the 20/21 season...

However, the remainder of this season will be guest hosts.

mrjinks likes this.
  21. Bern

Bern JC4Me

At least give him a chance. One day isn't the tell all for anyone.

22. JohnO

JohnO Forum Resident

Maybe two days is? Yawn
    He and the previous guest hosts have shown that the Jeopardy! format can be sustained (not well) by most any host.
    Alex was special and was the perfect fit for the show and the show was a perfect fit for Alex.

23. Michael

my wife asked??? when does he have time to do Heart Surgery? I found that funny...Him and Fow-chi should start a TV show called The Invisible Doctors...

24. 2trackmind

2trackmind Forum Resident

I think Rogers might be my least favorite so far. Wasn't a huge fan of Jennings or Couric, but at least they didn't make me want to fall asleep. Mike Richards and Dr. Oz are my favorites so far.

GMfan87' and Grand_Ennui like this.
  25. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

I find Rodgers to be pretty bland but My elderly mother really likes him. She is the target audience after all.