Jeopardy! Who is the GOAT?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by daca, Jun 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pokemaniacjunk

pokemaniacjunk Forum Resident

Brad Rutter, but since he's not on the poll Ken Jennings

2. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

Ken should take over hosting, he's a solid entertainer away from Jeopardy.

3. daca

daca Currently on Double Secret Probation Thread Starter

See OP’s disclaimer on Brad Rutter. Oh wait, I’m the OP.

nick99nack, pokemaniacjunk and SBurke like this.
  4. pokemaniacjunk

pokemaniacjunk Forum Resident

that's silly, everyone knows Revolution 9 is the Beatles best song being miles ahead of Hey Jude and Yesterday combined :D,

anyway I probably would have red it but I was a little too worried about seeing any spoilers for tonight's game and avoided looking at any comments

5. fenderesq

fenderesq In Brooklyn It's The Blues / Heavy Bass 7-7

Ken takes the 1st of 3 by $200. over James and Brad craps out. On day 1 of Best of the Best Championship. I think James was stunned a bit by Ken who came to win. Brad's just to... to... he's not a Champion. They'll be some heavy cramming tonight. I predict things really heating-up tomorrow. Cue Eye Of The Tiger.

6. It would seem very easy to design the categories in advance in favor of a particular champion, knowing their tendencies. James is an absolute monster at geography and locations, while Jennings tore through the Shakespeare category. Brad is clearly more on top of politics and political leaders than the other two.

I also didn't enjoy all the video questions - those are gimmicks that slow the pace of the game down a great deal.

daca likes this.
  7. Mark H

Mark H Senior Member

First heard applied to Michael Jordan a few years ago.

8. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Holzhauer did not get land on any of the 'daily doubles', which was of key importance to his original winning streak. He still appears to have the best/ quickest technique for clicking in. The other two players have caught on to his strategies for playing the board, and his style of play is not the advantage it once was for him with other players. He does seem relentless, though.

Jennings uncharacteristically was betting 'true daily doubles' and is more aggressive and 'sharper' than he was in other championship tournaments.

Rutter doesn't seem to be the player he once was. In his interview segment he stated that his mental/ memory recall was not quite as good as it once was - at first I thought he was joking. Of the three he made the most errors. He also landed on most of the 'daily doubles' in the first two game match, bet and lost everything each time. He also bet and lost everything in Final Jeopardy in the second game.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  9. kozy814

kozy814 Forum Resident

Jenning is the more traditional Jeopardy player. He wins questions with smart play and fast intelligence. He doesn't need luck or theatrics to take a round. Holtzhauer still can clean up with his approach but he needs at least one daily double to blast to the lead, whereas Jennings will pick at you with good game technique. I enjoyed the show last night. I would not rule out Rutter.

McLover and GodShifter like this.
  10. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Last year there was a champions tournament with three person teams. The best player in that tournament was Larissa Kelly. I wish there was space for her in this one.

kozy814 likes this.
  11. profholt82

profholt82 Resident Blowhard

It's probably a guy or gal from decades ago who didn't have the luxury of the modern Jeopardy rules and had to go home after running the table for a week.

Spitfire likes this.
  12. Torontotom

Torontotom Forum Resident

It's definitely a race between James and Ken.

Looking forward to tonight.

daca likes this.
  13. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

Ken really wants to win.

Torontotom and daca like this.
  14. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

What channel is this on went to watch jeopardy last night and was just the normal game on CBS?

15. Veggie Boy

Veggie Boy still trudgin'

It's a prime time special on ABC 8:00 Eastern; 7:00 Central

16. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

OK thanks.

17. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

A real slobber knocker tonight!

18. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

If you have Hulu you can catch up with the two games you missed.

19. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Holzhauer will win this.

Rutter is embarrassing himself.

Veggie Boy likes this.
  20. yamfox

yamfox Forum Resident

I never liked him, but I’m shocked how swift his fall from grace has been considering he’s never lost to a human being before now.
    I think Jennings studied intently (including Holzhauer’s betting strategy) for months while Rutter went in unprepared and overly confident, his prior record convincing him he had what it takes already.

MPLRecords, Veggie Boy and GodShifter like this.
  21. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I hope everyone can win two games so this goes on as long as possible and we get a final, winner take all match.

GodShifter, mrjinks and yamfox like this.
  22. The Hud

How do you do this? I am new to Hulu, and screwed up setting up the recording.

23. yamfox

yamfox Forum Resident

This would definitely be the most nail-biting, “best TV” scenario, but I also think that as long as Holzhauer gets his hands on the daily doubles he’s basically unstoppable. I would like to see Jennings take the crown though, as many others have opined he’s likable and is the natural pick for the next host.

The Hud likes this.
  24. yamfox

yamfox Forum Resident

Well, I have the Hulu live TV service and episode one is available on-demand through ABC with no commercials , and episode 2 will be tomorrow (no recording required, though setting it to record properly from your local affiliate will let you see it quicker). Just remember you need to set Jeopardy!: The Greatest of All Time to record, as this primetime special is considered separate from the regular syndicated series and is listed under a different name.

25. The Hud

So I need to use the ABC app? Sorry, I don't know how to use the On-Demand.

I think I finally have Jeopardy!: The Greatest of All Time set correctly to record from now on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.