Jethro Tull – Stormwatch remix

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PROGGER, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Incredulous_Observer

Incredulous_Observer Forum Resident

Sorry for probably increasing your frustration, but I pre-ordered with Burning Shed some time ago and despite their emails I was not feeling overly confident that it was going to materialise, so I saw Amazon UK had it in stock last week for £29 and ordered it on November 13th. I'm not with Prime, chose free shipping and it arrived on the 19th. No idea why you have been forsaken but I would use my experience as an example, get in touch and complain. It might get you some discount or credit for a future purchase.

Graham likes this.
  2. StarThrower62

StarThrower62 Forum Resident

My copy from Amazon UK arrived today despite an email stating it would arrive next Wed.

four sticks and DonnyMe like this.
  3. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

I hope you sent it back with an indignant - nay, outraged! - note.

Edit: Not really. But canceling and re-shuffling Stormwatch orders seems to be all the rage these days.

4. StarThrower62

How dare they not delay things further! Of course the retailers have no control. Distribution is dysfunctional.

DonnyMe likes this.
  5. Fred68

Fred68 Loves Music

Mine arrived today. Scanning the book while listening to the 5.1 on DVD 1. Sounds fantastic. :righton:

6. Nipper

Nipper His Master's Voice

I love all of these box sets, but I've gotta say, in the five weeks I've had the Force 10 Edition, I've really become addicted. I dare say it's become my favorite of the "trilogy" (Songs, Horses, Stormwatch) - though my top few songs from this era are still on Heavy Horses. And really digging the live material.

showtaper, Dignan2000, Snow2 and 5 others like this.
  7. DonnyMe

DonnyMe Forum Resident

Mine arrived today as well. I look forward to spending so quality time soon.

scoutbb and footlooseman like this.
  8. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

Received my copy from Amazon UK yesterday.
    I got the 24.98 pounds price, so total USD cost for me with the cheapest shipping was $35.85.

9. PROGGER

PROGGER Forum Resident Thread Starter

I hope I get mine within 5 months of ordering lol

10. redmax

redmax Forum Resident

I'm reliably informed that mine arrived safely and has now gone to Santa for safe keeping. I suspect this thread is winding down now. It's been a dramatic one!

11. electronicpaperboy

electronicpaperboy Forum Resident

As you are UK based, ordered from where, or was it from the North Pole perchance? No news from Burning Shed for me.

12. Onrd

Onrd I am not a number

I think Burning Shed must have burned down....with my order. Sigh.

MetalGuruMessiah likes this.
  13. Redwood

Redwood Forum Resident

Had an email from Burning Shed about 50 minutes ago to say their stock from Warners will arrive tomorrow (or so they've been assured by Warners) and they will start mailing them out as soon as they can - but it's going to take a couple of days to pack & mail all the orders.

MikeManaic61, Norco74, downer and 5 others like this.
  14. tvstrategies

tvstrategies Turtles, all the way down.

Update from Burningshed, which greeted me this morning... I'm in Seattle so who knows - early January while I'm at CES, no doubt.

"Hi

Good news!

We have been told by Warners that copies of Stormwatch will arrive here tomorrow (26th November) and we will start shipping immediately.

We will pack and post as fast as we can but this might take a couple of days, depending on what time the delivery arrives.

We apologise again for the delay.

Kind Regards

Pete

www.burningshed.com
    [email protected] "

downer, GRompre68 and DaveinMA like this.
  15. PROGGER

2 more days :D until it’s sent. Maybe 10 days until I receive it grrr

16. electronicpaperboy

electronicpaperboy Forum Resident

Me too it said arriving tomorrow, but then in brackets the 26th, which is today? More confusion?

17. Rigsby

Rigsby Forum Resident

I’m not quite sure how I feel about the remix. It’s way better, there is a lot more clarity and the album really does sound like a more cohesive and stronger album than it’s ever done before. However I miss the slight murkiness of the original mix at the moment, that may change but at the moment it’s the one remix I’m not sure about. It is objectively a huge improvement. Subjectively, I’m not sure.

18. R E Faust

R E Faust Forum Resident

Got my shipping notice from Burning Shed a few minutes ago (I am in the UK)

Finally!.....

tootull, Mark Snowden, PJayBe and 2 others like this.
  19. Mark Snowden

Mark Snowden Forum Resident

Me too. I've avoided listening to utube versions, so I can now look foward to finally hearing this.

tootull, PJayBe, murrays and 2 others like this.
  20. sound chaser

sound chaser Senior Member

Totally love the extended "Orion", lifts the track to an even greater level of existence.
    What a band.

Snow2, tootull and Macca75 like this.
  21. PROGGER

it’s awesome. Now that it’s a double album we have room for this masterpiece :cool:

22. PROGGER

Finally it has been shipped :cool:
    Better not get lost in the mail :realmad:

Snow2, murrays, tootull and 2 others like this.
  23. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

Lost?
    [​IMG]

squittolo, PROGGER, DPM and 1 other person like this.
  24. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

Beatles, Stones, Dylan: A Recap Of 2019’s Rock Reissues
    Jethro Tull, Stormwatch: 40th Anniversary (Chrysalis/Rhino)

Amid the collision of punk and disco in 1979, Jethro Tull, led by singer Ian Anderson, still commanded popularity, proving that progressive rock wasn’t extinct. The band’s release that year, Stormwatch, has been viewed as the final installment in the band’s trilogy of folk rock records— the other two being 1977’s Songs From the Wood and 1978’s Heavy Horses—highlighted by the notable cuts “North Sea Oil,” “Orion,” “Dun Ringill” and “Flying Dutchman.” Lyrically, the album’s environmental and maritime themes seem quite prophetic in the context of today’s climate change concerns. This exhaustive 4-CD/2-DVD package features the original album newly remixed by Steven Wilson; a more-than-generous amount of extra tracks recorded from that era, including several that had never been released until now; and a 1980 double-disc concert recorded in the Netherlands with a setlist of songs from Stormwatch nestled alongside familiar favorites “Aqualung,” “Locomotive Breath” and “Too Old to Rock and Roll.” The album also marked the end of an era as it was the final record from the classic Tull lineup of Anderson, guitarist Martin Barre, bassist John Glascock, keyboardists John Evan and David Palmer, and drummer Barriemore Barlow. These days Stormwatch is rarely mentioned in the same breath as Aqualung and Thick As a Brick in terms of the band’s best works; while not perfect, Stormwatch, especially in this deluxe anniversary edition, merits a new listen.

StarThrower62 likes this.
  25. StarThrower62

My sealed copy sat on my bookshelf for week so I could admire this handsome edition. After too much holiday food and drink yesterday I retired to my easy chair to peruse the attractive photos and essays. I became fascinated with Ian's interest in the Scottish coastal areas and the start up of his salmon farming venture. This led me to reading up on coastal geology and the various types of estuaries formed over the past ten thousand years.

Stormwatch has been a staple of my listening interests for the past 40 years so I popped the original album re-mix CD in the player with much anticipation. I have to say I'm delighted with the results. The album has been bolstered by a beefy low end and a sharpness of clarity which surpasses precious editions. The only track that sounds quite different is Elegy. Which is fine with me. So I'm happy with disc one. Now on to the rest...

[​IMG]

Bridges spanning the Firth of Forth

bobcat, squittolo, pscreed and 4 others like this.