Jethro Tull The Broadsword and the Beast SW remix and sessions coming in 2023

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Daniel Falaschi, Apr 18, 2021.

1. tootull

tootull Looking through a glass onion

Interesting that you said this. Listened to the new album and it's the first Tull album that l do not want to repeat play.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  2. shadlet

shadlet Forum Resident

This and the appearing/disappearing Hendrix box..

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  3. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Which JH box?

4. JakeKlas

JakeKlas Impatiently waiting for an 8-track revival

Last year I finally got more serious about classical music and building that part of my library. Mozart is getting most of my attention along with Satie. And yeah, I can see how one can really take a big hit on the credit card with the box sets that are out there.

And to bring back to JT, one thing that first attracted me to them was hearing Anderson’s take on Bach’s Bourree.

Norco74 likes this.
  5. Heard one cut and I have no interest, bring on Broadsword box, please!

Keith V, Dr. Nick and folkfreak like this.
  6. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective Thread Starter

I read the kindle edition and it states March 2023...
    So the kindle and printed editions are different?

7. Daniel Falaschi

I mean...not even november 2022, 1 year after Benefit?

8. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

Might give them chance to redo TAAB this year.....

9. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

shadlet and Norco74 like this.
  10. fjtull

fjtull Forum Resident

Nice point... It would be great and wonderful if they would include some live recordings of the era!

PJayBe likes this.
  11. fjtull

fjtull Forum Resident

Ah...! Sounds interesting : maybe Dave Rees got the date after he released the file for printing and so he published the updated info on the e-version...

Alan57 likes this.
  12. Daniel Falaschi

it reads "only today I have been told" or something to that effect.

13. fjtull

fjtull Forum Resident

Same text on the printed edition and then he adds "date to be determined". I would print scan of the extract from page 1 of the fanzine, but I am not able on smartphone...

14. jordevi

jordevi Forum Resident

Wait a minute, does that somehow mean that Ian has already given up on the whole "new album out by March 2023" thing?

15. tootull

Ian Anderson Writing New Jethro Tull LP for Possible 2023 Release
    “I started work on a new project at 9:30 on Jan. 1 of this year,” he tells UCR's Matt Wardlaw. “I’m three and a half weeks into that now, [with] most all the essential music done and the first draft of all the lyrics. I’m on the way toward another project, which I hope to be able to send out to the guys in the beginning of March this year.”

He already has a target release date: March 2023. Perhaps that timeline is overly ambitious since he hasn’t finished writing the songs — but at age 74, Anderson feels motivated by the clock. “I can’t hang about," he adds. "Obviously, time is running out at my age, and I’m lucky to be active and mentally and physically able at the moment, but it won’t go on forever.”
    Jethro Tull Appreciation Thread (part2)

DaveJ and jordevi like this.
  16. jordevi

jordevi Forum Resident

That's exactly why I asked my question: surely he won't release a new album at the exact same moment he releases one of the most anticipated reissues, right?

Slim Zooms likes this.
  17. tootull

Ian Anderson said the current wait time for vinyl pressing is March 2023. Hopefully that holds.

18. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

Does that mean they're going to delay the CD release until the vinyl LPs are pressed?

19. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

The Zealot Gene got some pretty good reviews (comparisons to Aqualung, etc.)
    As for BATB, in the current edition of eclipsed there was no talk of a delay yet...

Finally the question: How will the deluxe sets continue? When can we expect Broadsword and the Beast?

Broadsword is planned for July, as far as I know. Many new songs and a lot of live material. It will be the most extensive set so far.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
  20. tootull

This happened with the latest album.

21. Daniel Falaschi

Can you post a link or upload a scan of that?

22. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

Not right now, but I can assure you that I translated it as literally as possible :)
    But it's pretty academic; this eclipsed issue came out over a week ago and given their editorial deadline, it's entirely possible that a delay wasn't known yet at the time they interviewed Ian. Or maybe he didn't know about it yet.

EDIT: Well, I managed. My phone works even in the dark! So here you go.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
  23. tootull

...end of the video.

Tullman and Keith V like this.
  24. Mirsset

Mirsset Forum Resident

If this is the case then it'll be much better for my sanity to just delay the vinyl edition but release the boxset version in time.
    Even in the past the boxset editions did come earlier than standalone CD and vinyl versions.
    A {boxset April 2021, vinyl/CD July 2021}
    Stormwatch {boxset October 2019, vinyl/CD April 2020}
    This Was {boxset November 2018, vinyl/CD February 2019}

25. tootull

Mike Mettler | Feb 4, 2022
    Sound&Vision
    Ian Anderson on the Zealous Nature of Jethro Tull's Past, Present, and Future

Ian Anderson on the Zealous Nature of Jethro Tull's Past, Present, and Future Page 2
    Mettler: (chuckles) Ok, fair enough! The last thing I will ask about is this — will you give [April 1982's] The Broadsword and the Beast and/or [September 1987's] Crest of a Knave to Jakko [Jakszyk] to do in 5.1, or will Steven [Wilson] get first crack at them?

Anderson: Well, Steven's already done Broadsword and the Beast, which has a little bit of extra tracks and demos and unreleased tracks — and some new ones that no one ever heard before. So, a big box set of Broadsword and the Beast is coming, in July of 2022.

DaveJ, Dr. Bogenbroom, FVDnz and 8 others like this.