Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick 40th Anniversary Special Edition

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joepepitone, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

Got mine today. Just gave it a listen. Sounds good.Glitch free.:agree:

2. chaz

chaz Senior Member

That's encouraging, hopefully mine will arrive shorty.

3. murrays

murrays Forum Resident

I just received mine. I had been away for a few days, so it could have arrived 1 or 2 days ago.
    Burning Shed did not email to say it was sent, it just turned up unannounced.

4. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

Starting to filter into availability now

The new selection # and UPC has been assigned for the replacement product:
    Jethro Tull “Thick As A Brick 40th Anniv.” [CD/DVD Combo]
    Selection #: 410722B
    UPC: 5099974107223

If a consumer that resides in USA requires a replacement disc, they should send an email to: [email protected]
    The consumer should be prepared to provide proof of purchase, name and address and a replacement product will be mailed to them.

Should a customer want to return product, they may contact Capitol Customer Service at 800-914-8257 and pick-up can be arranged or sent back through the Capitol Returns Center in Franklin, IN.

Chris Haley and rstamberg like this.
  5. Me too, although I suspect it was because it was not cost effective to send the set back from New Zealand to the U.K. and to then send out a replacement. Did you re-order? I'm going to re-order in the New Year.

6. tonewheeltom

tonewheeltom Forum Resident

Thanks for this info. I received this as a gift a month ago, and have not opened it yet so I wouldn't inconvenience the gift giver any more if she had to return it.

7. calgary669

calgary669 Forum Resident

Has the LP come in the past with glitches?

8. onlyconnect

onlyconnect The prose and the passion

Interesting. I am in the UK, but my copy with a fixed DVD has the old UPC (I think), 5099970461923.

Tim

9. John76

John76 Forum Resident

I think the glitches are with the DVD, so no worries with the LP set.

10. ribors

ribors Forum Resident

That's too bad if the UPC really didn't change. Just makes securing a corrected copy more difficult.

11. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

Unfortunately, I have two LP sets that I have sold with a thumping sound audible through the latter half of side one only.

12. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I sent off an e-mail to the e-mail address link listed here, and the e-mail is bouncing back at me as undeliverable. Anyone else getting the same thing?

I sent to [email protected].

13. trevaaar

trevaaar Forum Resident

To those only interested in stereo: the new mix is equalised bright but calling it an abomination is more than a little over-the-top. There's also a 24/96 flat transfer of the original mix on the DVD that has no glitches and sounds brilliant. The way I see it, if this were MoFi or AF you'd be paying the same price to get just a well-mastered original mix on its own, so it's not really that bad at all.

14. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Interesting. My debit card has been charged charged for 38.33 by Amazon Canada which was the price for the two record vinyl release plus shipping. I still haven't received any shipping notification but they must be expecting to ship it out soon. We'll see what happens.

15. R E Faust

R E Faust Forum Resident

Burning Shed's listing states that the copies they have are the corrected versions, so it seems it's safe to order from them..

R E Faust

16. joepepitone

joepepitone Forum Resident Thread Starter

Wow, I opened this topic over a year ago and it has easily become the my most popular thread. Unfortunately, the popularity was due to the recording glitches.
    In the interests of full disclosure, I never bought TAAB2 OR the 40th anniversary TAAB release. TAAB is my favorite Tull recording.

17. frank3si

frank3si Forum Resident

For some reason the message interface is insisting on putting my comment in the HTML quote block, but please see last line above...

18. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I re-sent my e-mail, removing the attachment I placed in the e-mail of a copy of my invoice as proof of purchase. Maybe it was the attachment that the servers at EmiCapitol didn't like and automatically rejected to avoid the possibility of getting viruses from unknown sources. I know my computer does not have a virus, yet my experience tells me, based on how my company reacts to attachments coming from outside sources, that emails with attachment are sometimes blocked by certain companies email servers.

19. frank3si

frank3si Forum Resident

Yes, I agree - most likely it was the attachment. I work in IT and we require our correspondents to go through our own secure attachment system so we can check out what's being sent.

Now we'll see what response we get...

20. warleywarrior

warleywarrior Forum Resident

My 2 LP set arrived this morning..Never Thought Amazon Canada would honour the $38.33 price...but its here..Happy New Year One and all !!

21. John76

John76 Forum Resident

Do let us know how it sounds. The status of mine has shown "shipping soon" for the last few days.

22. j1804

j1804 Forum Resident

Got a full refund from Amazon and as I don't have 5.1 capability I'll leave it at that.

23. showtaper

showtaper Concert Hoarding Bastard

I was wondering when one of the hardcore would notice. My son said I almost came out of my chair on the first listen.
    This is my all time favorite piece of music and I have a hard time listening to the re-mix as a result. I imagine that the
    flute/bells part was recorded that way on the multi-tracks and subsequently muted during the mixdown. Steven must not
    have known this and ran the track as is.

Checking my IM folder, I contacted him about this on Nov 15, with no success. I also tried on another forum he frequents
    with no answer as well. Attempts to contact Ian went unanswered.

I also demuxed the individual 5.1 tracks in hopes that I could remove the offending parts. The flute/chimes reverb is spread
    amongst the other tracks so a "phantom" remains...... :(

24. Pibroch

Pibroch Active Member

HA! I'm not hardcore enough to go to that length, but it does not go unnoticed! It is slightly annoying that the chime part extends into when the band kicks back in, though.

25. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Frankly, I just think this is a mixing choice rather than being left out by mistake.
    I don't see where the problem is other that any variation from the original mix is considered negatively. A point of view to which I don't adhere.

MikeT likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.