JETHRO TULL: Thick As A Brick 50th anniversary deluxe reissue this October

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Progatron, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Old Fred

Old Fred Forum Resident

Yes, sir. And it was unclear. So, instead of an inquisition, can you just answer my question?

2. tootull

tootull Looking through a glass onion

Yeah - Elvo said yeah

FIXED
    Yeah

I don’t know what you’re thinking, but I simply cannot have students roaming the halls, disrupting other classes, and giving prophecies of a great plague!- Principal McVicker

3. And of course I have the corrected version after all , so. I’ll leave unmonitored halls now.

ti-triodes and tootull like this.
  4. Nycademon

Nycademon Forum Resident

Do you really think, given the history of this thing, given the subsequent release of the corrected "replacement" DVD, given the subsequent release of the un-Mewed stereo mix (first high res download, later on CD), given how great the subsequent "books" have been, given the pile of complaints they've undoubtedly received over the last decade . . . that Chrysalis/EMI/Parlophone whatever, would be so incredibly clueless they'd re-release the Mew mastered version of the Thick as a Brick?

I don't have much faith in the music industry, but c'mon.

5. tootull

6. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Warner are releasing this version, as the Tull catalogue changed hands after the 2012 release.

7. Nycademon

Nycademon Forum Resident

OK, Warner: Chrysalis and/or Warner: Parlophone. They've been doing a great job with the Tull book sets. I doubt they'll botch this one.

8. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

So did Stevie Wonder. He told everybody to "say yeah!".

tootull likes this.
  9. folkfreak

folkfreak The cold blooded penguin

There was only the book style box.... And a part of it had the corrected DVD.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  10. Have it sorted now. Appreciate the reply. :tiphat:

folkfreak likes this.
  11. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Yes but theres also a corrected dvd. ;)

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  12. I have the original box (book) from 2012 with the corrected DVD. I am sorted and looking forward to next years Broadsword book box set.

Snow1 and folkfreak like this.
  13. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

You could also look at my earlier post on this subject.

Since this repress is happening on a different label, the artwork will naturally have to be altered, if only to change the EMI copyrights to Parlophone/Warner. The same thing happened with the old Marillion 2CDs, of which I have some reprints that happened after EMI was split up. So since the artwork will have to be altered, they could also make the spine more in line with the other booksets, and maybe amend the credits since a reprint would still credit Peter Mew.

yesstiles and Bonddm like this.
  14. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

In the words of Mr Anderson... yeah.

tootull likes this.
  15. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

I had similar luck. It was already scarce when I saw it cheap from a third-party seller on A, and jumped on it. Sealed, new, and with the nice surprise of the corrected DVD inside. Score!

I'm really happy this is getting reissued at last. A nice opportunity for those who missed out, and a kick in the teeth to those selling the 2012 edition for extortionate prices. Win win.

(And if it transpires that this 2022 edition is completely Mew-less, I'll buy one too!)

GRompre68, Norco74 and dirie like this.
  16. SilverCheek

SilverCheek Forum Resident

I bought the corrected cd but must say I didn't know about a corrected dvd. How do I know which one I have, ie what was corrected?

17. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

I didn't expect much, if anything, for the 50th of TAAB, considering that all they did for Aqualung's 50th was a music video. Great news for those who missed out on the book set in 2012 or who want an LP with the newspaper. But if they were ever going to add anything (like they did with Benefit) then this would have been the time. Unless there's something else out there that's genuinely unknown to Anderson and Warners, I think this is all we're ever going to get. (With a one-fingered salute to any "private collectors" who'd rather circulate bootlegs at their Eyes Wide Shut parties than allow the actual copyright holders to arrange a legitimate release.)
    It basically means cutting vinyl stampers directly from the master tape.
    "Instead of utilizing the industry-standard three-step lacquer process, Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab's new Ultradisc One-Step (UD1S) uses only one step, bypassing two processes of generational loss. . . . MFSL engineers begin with the original master tapes and meticulously cut a set of lacquers. These lacquers are used to create a very fragile, pristine UD1S stamper called a "convert." Delicate "converts" are then formed into the actual record stampers. . . . By skipping the additional steps of pulling another positive and an additional negative, as done in the three-step process used in standard pressings, UD1S produces a final LP with the lowest noise floor possible today."
    Technologies

servo086 and FlorentinePogen like this.
  18. tootull

:laugh: :wave: :nyah: :unhunh: :uhhuh: Silent yeah
    Bevis - Wikipedia YEAH Norman
    Me too! Yeah
    Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
    I know that ev'rybody had, yeah
    Ev'rybody have a good time
    :D
    I said I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in
    Yeah yeah oh-yeah

JulesRules likes this.
  19. tootull

20. tootull

21. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Seriously £38 for the vinyl before shipping?

keiron99 likes this.
  22. GRompre68

GRompre68 Vive le Prog Quebecois

It might be cheaper if you have an account with Burning Shed. I see it at £31.66 before shipping. Same for the CD/DVD box, it's listed at £33, but having an account, it's £28.

23. ~dave~~wave~

~dave~~wave~ Forum Resident

$25 USD from Amazon USA if that’s acceptable?

ARK and Norco74 like this.
  24. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Better IMO.

25. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Where does (or doesn't) the "yeah" show up in the album?