Jethro Tull Too Old To Rock and Roll too young to Die! deluxe 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Daniel Falaschi, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geir

Geir Forum Resident

Side A is very strong with a fresh sounds / production I think

2. folkfreak

folkfreak The cold blooded penguin

+1 for A from me

ParloFax and pscreed like this.
  3. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

Totally agree,

drwinstonoboogie likes this.
  4. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

No.

5. kenbefound

kenbefound Forum Resident

I read or heard in an interview his 2015 schedule is pretty booked up supporting his new release & other projects. Sounded like remixes were not on the itinerary. I could be wrong, hopefully someone can confirm.

6. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

I can confirm. He has not been contracted to do it yet, and he's on tour until this fall.

7. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective Thread Starter

What do you confirm exactly?

Yes SW is busy touring and has said that he wasn´t doing too much remix work in 2015. That doesn´t exclude, however, the possibility that TOTRR was inside that bit of remix work planed.
    Yet, TOTRR´s 40th is next year, so there will be plenty of time to do it. I bet he will be on board till Stormwatch.

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  8. sound chaser

sound chaser Senior Member

I'm up for all of them frankly, if SW has the time. The folk trilogy has me salivating :)

9. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

...that he has not been contracted to do TOTR yet. I spoke with him about it just a couple of months ago.
    Of course that doesn't mean he won't do it or that there won't be a 40th Ann. reissue.
    Maybe someone has more recent info.

Galeans likes this.
  10. westcoastkid

westcoastkid Forum Resident

Here's another vote for "A".

11. uffeolby

uffeolby Senior Member

How can you be dissappointed in the Aqualang box? Beautiful box with nice artwork, well written essays and most important - All recordings in glorius HiRez on a bluray.

peteham likes this.
  12. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

It included vinyl and a heap of othere stuff i was not interetsted in and was over priced (Mainly due to the Vinyl) look at how nicely priced the recent sets have been !!

bobcat, slipkid, Rne and 1 other person like this.
  13. Easy to be disappointed….the 5.1 mix was only available for a crazy price couple with a media format I have no use for.

I think the boxes released from 'Thick as a Brick' through 'Minstrel' are text book 'how to do it right' deluxe reissues. edit: Privit1 beat me to it...

bobcat, Anthrax, dougb222 and 3 others like this.
  14. JakeM

JakeM Senior Member

I'm a big fan of "A" and of what Eddie Jobson brings to that album and I'd like to see it get the deluxe treatment.

However, when it comes to the format these Tull remasters have been coming out as, doesn't it bother anyone that they're not DVD-A? I'm happy there's 24/96 stereo on the DVD's but lossy surround is a big miss for me.

Plan9, pscreed and Galeans like this.
  15. jjjos

jjjos Forum Resident

DTS sounds just fine, I'm not sure why they're not DVD-As but as it is I am not complaining at all.

And +1 for A and even Under Wraps as I stated in the Minstrel thread.

16. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

A fair point there. It would be nice if there was a bluray option, because I think DVD-A is dead at this point.

Maybe next time :)

17. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

My sentiments exactly. Aqualung would have been really really great if it got released like these other digibook things. I have no interest in vinyl (or the high price) so I went for the 2 CD version. A big missed opportunity there for some fans IMO, no DVD-A, no cool book.

bobcat likes this.
  18. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

I don't mean to rain on the parade here, but I am a big Tull fan and this is my least favorite record. I have it in my collection, but I am not motivated to buy some deluxe version of it. There are others that I would rather see get the treatment over this one.

19. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I am in the same boat when it comes to the album proper, but I think the bonus material will be more than worthwhile.

20. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

I am not/was not that big a Tull fan but the 5.1 mixes have ignighted an interest in the band so very happy.

As i stated earlier Aqualung for me was/is a lost sale as I have no interest in anything other than the 5.1 disc these book sets are pitched (price and content) just about right to extend my interest into investigating the band with each issue.

21. uffeolby

uffeolby Senior Member

Hmm... If there ever was a cool package AND book it was in the Aqualang set. OK, I understand if you do not want to pay for vinyl, but the price aside Aqualang tops all the other sets.

Then I really appreciate HiRez and the Bluray in the Aqualang set is the icing of the cake.

All IMHO of course ;-))

22. DonnyMe

DonnyMe Forum Resident

I hope this get done before I'm too old to rock and roll, too young to die. This will be another SW masterpiece if he does it. I am hopeful this and the remaining Tull library get done. Just got Minstrel yesterday and have only listened to CD disc one. Wow! I can't wait to move on to disc 2. Savoring the DVD's when I have an opportunity to immerse myself deeply without any disturbance. "I'm just a Baker Street muse"....>bang, bang<..."I can't get out!"

tootull likes this.
  23. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Any possible chance that this edition will finally correct the colon in the title? That always bothered me (and no one else?). Is this really how they teach punctuation in English schools?

Too Old To Rock 'n' Roll, Too Young To Die!
    Too Old To Rock 'n' Roll; Too Young To Die!
    Too Old To Rock 'n' Roll... Too Young To Die!
    Too Old To Rock 'n' Roll - Too Young To Die!
    are all just fine. Plenty of options to choose from there.

Too Old To Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young To Die! just makes no sense.

Who's with me? Let's start a petition or something!

24. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

Better than Too Old To Rock & Roll: To Young To Die. (see spine)
    [​IMG]

bobcat, FVDnz, Starwanderer and 3 others like this.
  25. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

Just a suggestion with the Aqualung box, I've seen numerous people on here who were mad that they didn't release the new Aqualung vinyl as a standalone outside the box and I've now in here seen numerous people who are mad that there was a vinyl in the box which caused the price to be higher... It's probably useless now since I believe they are releasing the vinyl separately now but you could've just found someone on here to go in with you on the set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.