Jethro Tull's Thick As A Brick Stereo/5.1 remix will be released on October 15th.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Pockets17red, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. murrays

murrays Forum Resident

I have them on disc one of the two-disc "Nightcap - The Unreleased Masters" set.
    Those tracks are great, but the unreleased odds and bods on disc 2 aren't so good.

https://www.burningshed.com/store/jethrotull/product/444/3453/

2. MRT

MRT Forum Resident

ah thats right. i have seen that before.

thanks.

3. Pockets17red

Pockets17red Member Thread Starter

Both deluxe packages are looking awesome! Got these on pre-order from Amazon and can't wait to digest the 5.1 mix after the JT concert on Nov 4th and immerse myself in that huge book! :goodie:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

2LP/74 page book - $83.67 what a rip-off!!! :realmad: same for the aqualung vinyl; I just care the vinyl, why dont sell just the one single vinyl in a decent price

5. ranasakawa

ranasakawa Forum Resident

I just want them on BluRay, don't have a turntable any more.

6. CaptBeyond

CaptBeyond Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. I want that album, too ... but not at that price.

7. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Benefit, A Passion Play, and Minstrel. Tull's best three albums......bring it on!

8. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

I've never quite understood the devotion some fans have for Benefit. Don't get me wrong, I like it, though I prefer Stand Up and some of their other offerings from the first part of the 70's. It was kind of a transitional effort to me, on the way towards their signature sound.

Regardless, I just don't see a deluxe edition happening. They would have done it by now to hit the anniversary and that Carnegie Hall performance from the period got used for the Stand Up deluxe. For that matter, I'd be surprised if Ian went along with A Passion Play, since he's pretty ambivalent about that album now. I guess a lot depends on how well the deluxe Thick does.

9. john lennonist

john lennonist There ONCE was a NOTE, PURE and EASY...

If the latter post is true, I may have to fly to England and pry the "Benefit" master tapes right out of Terry Ellis' hands!

:D

10. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

I dont understand too why dont release a whole box set with all albums, they can be in 2 boxes... of course on vinyl and digital CD or wharever but separately; the criminals of music industry force us to buy the whole thing... really bad

11. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

I buy, I take just the vinyl and I sell you all other stuff :righton:

12. nolazep

nolazep Burrito Enthusiast

I still don't understand some of the hoopla around this release. TAAB was always one of the best-sounding Tull albums to begin with. The original vinyl sounds great and is everywhere, even the cd's are pretty good from what I remember. I do recall liking the remaster a little better than the original Chrysalis CD though.

A Benefit remix sounds more like it.

13. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

by the way I hear just some minutes ago the Thick part 2 and big surprise, I love it, great second part; just the cover art is soooo ugly (I understand the idea of a newspaper in a web site etc... but so ugly web side design, typography etc... is a shame for that part, but the music is great!!!!!!!

14. Dok

Dok Senior Member

I believe Ellis is Down Under these days.

15. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I wonder if Best Buy will carry this in-store, or if I should just order on Amazon?

16. rtsurroundfan

rtsurroundfan Active Member

Agreed. I'm settling for the CD/DVD package, although I would've greatly preferred a CD/Blu-Ray or CD/DVD/Blu-Ray package.
    Hell, I would've even bought a CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/vinyl package similar to Aqualung if it meant I could get the 5.1 mix in high-res.

17. john lennonist

john lennonist There ONCE was a NOTE, PURE and EASY...

I agree 100% with all of the above points... there's also a great MFSL Gold CD of "TAAB" -- a Benefit remix is what we really need!

18. calgary669

calgary669 Forum Resident

19. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

20. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

The MFSL is great :righton:

The 25th anniversary remaster ... :hurlleft:

21. CaptBeyond

CaptBeyond Well-Known Member

22. calgary669

Glad to help; I have had so many good things on this forum... Happy to pass it along!

23. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

24. jmpatrick

jmpatrick Forum Resident

Thanks for the tip!

25. calgary669

Glad to see that this is helping a few fellow board members :D :wave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.