Jico's J-44

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by AL01, Sep 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AL01

AL01 Eh? Thread Starter

I remember that Jico announced a couple years back (or was it last year?) that they will remake the Shure M-44.

I just checked their website and it seems like they are already out of stock.

Has anyone tried out these cartridges?

2. Boltman92124

Boltman92124 Go Padres!!

Yeah out of stock for awhile. I wanted to grab one. I think all the DJ heads grabbed them all on release day. Jico isn't exactly fast at replenishing stuff either.

AL01 likes this.
  3. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

You mean the sylus for that cart ? I replaced the original for the Jico on that cart and the performance is EXACTLY the same; fantastic !

4. JohnO

JohnO Senior Member

No, Jico cloned the whole original cart, or at least sold a new cart of exactly the same shape, called model J-44.

kt66brooklyn likes this.
  5. AL01

AL01 Eh? Thread Starter

No, I am talking about the cartridge, (but DANGIT I JUST missed out on an M44-7 for 45$ on the 'Bay...)

EDIT: I am looking for a cartridge that would perform well with a Vivid Line stylus, (they seem promising) and can be used on records that are in unknown/ VG- or less condition. While I would love to own a Microlinear cartridge, it won't be of use for all of my records.

The Pinhead likes this.
  6. aorecords

aorecords Forum Resident

For some reason, I think I'm remembering Jico is licensing the design from Shure or maybe they even just purchased it outright.

7. Boltman92124

Boltman92124 Go Padres!!

Yeah it looks exactly the same except the model number. Good luck getting one though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.