Jim Hall, Hampton Hawes "ALL NIGHT SESSION!" OJC CD's. Wonderful, cheap!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Dec 14, 2011.

1. tone ded freb

tone ded freb Senior Member

According to XLD, my CD-R matches the accurate rip values in the FreeDB database with different offsets. So, either the CD-R is the same or the discs in FreeDB are the CD-R. I'm guessing the former.

2. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

G'day,

I get different accurate rip results for the original CD vs the CD-R of All Night Session Vol. 1 (I'm using dbPowerAmp for ripping, in secure mode).

Here's the accurate rip info for track 1 of the original CD:

AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 2) Secure [Pass 1 & 2]
    CRC32: 1D667D9D AccurateRip CRC: DD2A24D0 (NEW) [DiscID: 005-00077142-002336af-46093205-1]

[...]

5 Tracks Ripped Securely (AccurateRip: Different Pressing?)
    And here's the accurate rip info for track 1 of the CD-R:

CRC32: 763223B5 AccurateRip CRC: DEB518FB [DiscID: 005-00077142-002336af-46093205-1]
    AccurateRip Verified Using Pressing Offset +48, Confidence 2 [old crc deb518fb]
    Both CD and the CD-R have the same disc ID, but it seems that the accurate rip CRC values in the database are for the CD-R.

I'm not sure what this all means, but that's what I see in the logs.

--Geoff

3. theron d

theron d Forum Resident

Wow what a collection of OJC cds! I've got a lot of work cut out for me ....

4. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

In a, now closed thread, Steve praised the OJC Hawes All Night Sessions. They are available individually as well as a 2 CD set. I have been looking for the VICJ-60783 set without success. There are releases of 1-3 on Phoenix Records, Definitive Records. Are these releases the same as the OJC?

5. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

As has been posted elsewhere those are European public-domain releases, taken from existing CDs (probably the OJCs). Those labels don't have access to the masters. Definitive is one of the labels that is based in Andorra.

6. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Please send me a link to the earlier thread and I will have it opened. Shouldn't have been closed in the first place. Thanks.

7. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

No idea as to the logic of that thread closure. Reopened, and merged with these new posts. Great discussion going on there.

8. Steve Hoffman

Thanks for opening, Matt.

Think I'll play some HH right now.

MLutthans likes this.
  9. vanhooserd

vanhooserd Senior Member

Ray Brown!

10. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

For those of you that own Volume 1, is the CD silver with the OJC surround. I just received what was , in theory, new. It is is white with a yellow border. I fear I have received a CD-R.

11. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Anybody? Just confirming that the original CD is silver with some orange trim like my other OJCs.

12. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

I have the first two volumes of All Night Session on LP. I think my copies are either late 60s or early 70s reissues. Not sure. At any rate, great music.

13. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

No argument, as Steve pointed out as OP, it is excellent. I bought a sealed copy from Amazon Marketplace seller. Confirmed that it was a CD and not CD-R. It was sealed, but clearly a CD-R (all my other OJC CDs are silver). Beware of new copies out there. I am wondering who is manufacturing CD-Rs.

[​IMG]

14. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

Did you add that to this thread?

Some OJC (and other Concord CDs) are being re-pressed as CD-Rs. List them here »

15. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

patient_ot likes this.
  16. Steve Hoffman

Bumped by request.