Jimi Hendrix Both Sides of the Sky - new album coming March 9, 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fsutall, Dec 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Could you rephrase that please? I'd like to understand your question better.

2. Former Lee Warmer

Former Lee Warmer Emotional Rescue

There are at least 10,000 people in the world that will buy anything that has the Jimi Hendrix name on it.

I mean, the guy recorded for 4 years. How many different titles have been released under Jimi's name?

And while EH has done some good things, one thing they promised when they took over in 1997 was they were going to 'clean up' the discography to 'better reflect Brother Jimi's intentions' etc.

But the tinkering they've done is only short of Alan Douglas-levels because they've not re-recorded stuff with new musicians that never played with Jimi.

So yeah, they basically can't help themselves. It's money in the bank, and those of us who keep buying these aren't getting any younger.

DTK, 905, footlooseman and 2 others like this.
  3. Former Lee Warmer

Fixed your post.
    Eric Burdon isn't telling the whole truth, either. And he was also managed by Mike Jeffrey.

unclefred and Purple Jim like this.
  4. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

[​IMG]

Vomit - not wine.

5. I've always found it curious, if not flat out odd, that the autopsy was conducted a full 10 days after his death. I'm not saying anything was amiss because of this, but I have always wondered if Jimi had passed in let's say, Seattle, or New York, if the investigation would have gone smoother.

In the US an autopsy is generally performed 1-3 days after the death for better forensics. The wait is strange, because just like in the USA they don't have to wait for family permission if the coroner calls for an inquest.

For the life of me, I can't understand why the investigation was handled so poorly by local officials.

Oh well, it doesn't matter now. Just observations from my EZ-chair.

6. Dr. Luther's Assistant

Dr. Luther's Assistant dancing about architecture

Man -- what a f#cking drag. Still.

cublowell and breakingglass like this.
  7. Headfone

Headfone Nothing Tops A Martin

Tragic accident.

8. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i simply do not believe that all of these posthumous hendrix are 100% hendrix. call me a skeptic, call me a non-believer, call me whatever you want, but they have a cash cow and they are milking it for all they can while they can.

so to re-phrase my question:

do you really believe that all the guitars and all the vocals on all the posthumous hendrix albums are 100% jimi hendrix?

EVOLVIST likes this.
  9. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

[​IMG]

10. Yes, because EH has released so few tracks outside of what's already been bootlegged that official releases are easy to compare to the boots.

It's 100% Jimi under EH, but it's been altered enough for most fans to know better. Not to the extent that Douglas did (thankfully), butbut what has me scratching my head is why EH haven't dipped more into the reels that haven't been booted.

DTK and Matthew Tate like this.
  11. rjp

rjp Senior Member

patience

12. Former Lee Warmer

Very curious.

I think Monika Danneman slipped Jimi a Mickey, and MJ's thugs waterboarded him.

I think Devon Wilson's death 5 months later was extremely suspicious.

I also think Danneman's suicide is suspicious, not because I think someone helped her (maybe, the MI6 connection Jeffrey was involved with has ties to the COINTELPRO and the CIA), but what, exactly, was she afraid of all those years later?

Yes, I do. When they moved everything from the Record Plant to Electric Lady, they had a literal CLOSET full of tapes.

Between live stuff, home demos, works in progress, and alternate mixes there's enough "100% Hendrix" to keep releases coming at a steady clip.

the guy who thinks Hendrix was murdered thinks you should take off the tinfoil.

13. Former Lee Warmer

'Alex Trevor'

14. Former Lee Warmer

So was the first 'Woodstock' CD. I mean, it's not BAD, and I actually consider some of the mixes preferable...but a strangely mixed and edited disc.

15. Former Lee Warmer

Eddie Kramer says Jimi called and asked him to bring the tapes over while in England.

My theory?

Jimi fired Mike Jeffrey with the call to Harry Steingarten on Sept 17th.

Jimi was tying up 'Loose Ends' in London, and wanted to get the work tapes out of Electric Lady, where Jeffrey would be able to seize them as 'his'.

Steingarten, being both Jimi and Jeffrey's lawyer, calls Jeffrey to inform him of Jimi's decision.

Jimi died 11 hours later.

Dark Horse 77 likes this.
  16. Do you need me to correct that post for you, or will you tell us that you're just kidding before somebody goes blind from reading your post? :D

DTK likes this.
  17. Former Lee Warmer

The 'loose ends' comment was a play on words. I don't think anyone would think he was actually working on that album at that time?

So, I was kidding.

18. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

i just really enjoy 1969-1970 jimi

kanakaris, rburly, jhm and 1 other person like this.
  19. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

For them it was just another hippy overdose victim. Next!

20. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

That's a bona fide conspiracy theory there. As with all conspiracy theories it's illogical and has no grounding in reality.
    The main problem is what Mike JEFFERY would gain by killing his golden goose.

21. rjp

rjp Senior Member

then we must respectfully disagree.

it's the best scam going, even better than the doors. because the doors keep releasing the same songs over and over again, the hendrix people actually make "new' songs, 50 years after the guy passed away.....that's ingenious. and the way technology is today they can make my voice sound like hendrix (lindsey buckingham > stevie nicks on 'big love"), so yes i respect those who admire jimi hendrix and i respect that they want to keep getting albums by him, but i don't respect the people who are making those albums and whatwhat they stand for, $$$$$

22. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

Some people confuse skepticism, even of the most outlandish, ridiculous variety, with wisdom.

noname74 likes this.
  23. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

Same here! I'm redoing my version of what Jimi's final, double album would've been. Plus, I started to really like his instrumentals and will make a CD of them, too. Can't decide on a name just yet: Pali Gap, Cherokee Mist, Villanova Junction...

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. Former Lee Warmer

You're asking the wrong question - what did he have to LOSE?

what 'Golden Goose'??

They were under a mountain of debt.

Mike Jeffrey was fired on Sept 17th, 1970. his exclusivity contract expired in Dec 1970.

Here's Shapiro :

How Jimi Hendrix died - and the mysteries surrounding his death

25. Former Lee Warmer

I'd call it 'Peace In Mississippi'

Dark Horse 77 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.