Jimi Hendrix SACD coming from Analogue Productions

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jojopuppyfish, Aug 11, 2016.

1. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Hop on the bandwagon. The Legacy cd's of The Cry Of Love and Rainbow Bridge are great :)

John Buchanan and mmars982 like this.
  2. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

I'd buy those.

soundboy and John Buchanan like this.
  3. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Is there any reason (licensing, royalties etc.) that these two Hendrix titles were chosen over the more popular titles?

Bill

4. DJ LX

DJ LX Forum Resident

Agreed. I'd love for him to remaster War Heroes and (the original) In the West.

jwoverho likes this.
  5. dee

dee Senior Member

Didn't love the tone/eq on some of the tracks of COL and RB remasters. Wish I did, but I didn't. Then again the sound I wasn't wild about may have already been too deep into the mix. Anyway, pretty cool about the sacds releases though!

6. RonBaker

RonBaker Forum Resident

I got excited till I read they were stereo rather than surround. Why? Were they recorded on 2-track machines?

7. Excited for any Jimi audiophile AP SACD. I'll take the whole catalogue in glorious 2.0. Bring it and here is my credit card. :agree:

8. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Are there multichannel mixes for these two Hendrix titles? If not do you think Analogue Productions is going to pay to have a multichannel mix done for both titles?

Bill

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  9. RonBaker

RonBaker Forum Resident

Have no idea. There's no reason for me to buy something that is the same as something I already own though. Surround would have made a difference.

mikew likes this.
  10. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

So these two SACDs will have the same mastering of the versions that you already own?

Bill

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  11. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Hmm. I liked People Hell and Angels, but not enough to buy again for an audiophile release. Fillmore, on the other hand, I'll definitely get.

SG47 and bmoregnr like this.
  12. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

If the SACD were maybe $25 I'd be all over it ... I already have PHaA 2lp and preordered machine gun 2lp.

Somewhere is worth the price of admission alone though for the SACD if you don't already have it in one form or another.

13. shadlet

shadlet Forum Resident

I believe $10.28 is pretty much the flat rate to ship an order from Acoustic in the US unfortunately. You must enter a postal code in the Cart page for other destinations.

Jimi Bat likes this.
  14. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Electric Ladyland,
    SACD,please.

15. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I can't recall if it was Acoustic Sounds but I think you can call them to order and request media mail shipping. It might take awhile for the Hendrix SACDs but AS lists items on Amazon as a reseller and the shipping is normally $3.99.

Bill

Jimi Bat likes this.
  16. Jimi Bat

Jimi Bat Forum Resident

Thanks for the info on shipping.

17. shadlet

shadlet Forum Resident

johnny q, R. Cat Conrad and Jimi Bat like this.
  18. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

From a thread on AudioAsylum

Isaac J. Garvey posted

"I can tell you for sure, all the albums released in Hendrix's lifetime were archived to 24 bit digital. Whether they will be released for sale is totally up to the Hendrix estate."

This was in response to my query about hi-res downloads for the first three Hendrix albums. I have a feeling we'll eventually get good sounding versions of the first three albums.

supermd, Imagine70 and jhm like this.
  19. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

o_O:help:

The beave

20. texquad

texquad Senior Member

How come I'm not seeing either Hendrix SACD on Amazon US. They are listed on Amazon UK.

21. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

I asked the same thing on the thread about the LP/CD release. I was told that Analogue Productions sometimes doesn't release their product to "non-affiliated" sites until sometime after release date. If true, this would likely allow the affiliated sites to get their money from folks who have to have it on release day (like me). I pre-ordered it from Elusive Disc so I could at least get it for under $35. IF I get People, Hell & Angels on SACD, I'll wait until it shows up on Amazon (assuming it does).

22. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

They are both on Amazon now. But PHA is not available for preorder

23. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

Do you have a link by any chance? Digitally I only see the standard CD and a Japanese import CD to be released on October 5th (Amazon U.S. that is).

24. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

jhm likes this.