Jimi Hendrix SACD coming from Analogue Productions

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jojopuppyfish, Aug 11, 2016.

1. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

ZackyDog likes this.
  2. texquad

texquad Senior Member

Both have been up on Import CD, Deep Discount & Blow It Out of Here.
    Amazon US is weird about listing certain titles. The new Steve Wilson remix of Yes Tales from Topographic Oceans is up but only mentions Bluray in the description. Meanwhile the DVD-A isn't listed at all. Of course the UK site has it right!

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  3. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

Thanks but wow, prices continue to be pretty lame on this one. I wonder if the price will drop in a month or so. I actually got a better deal at Elusive Disc (who'd have thought?).

Best price I've seen right now is on DeepDiscount because they are having a 15% off sale that ends on 9/22 (Code is FALL15). That brings it down to $29.11 with free shipping.

Edit: Yikes, I just saw the release dates given at Amazon and DeepDiscount are October 21st instead of September 30th. I think I'll pay a couple of extra bucks to not have to wait another three weeks!

4. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

I'm starting to see them around listed as CDs, but are actually the SACDs.

5. texquad

texquad Senior Member

The link above now takes me to the People, Hell & Angels SACD where before it linked to the Machine Gun SACD?
    Well that's classic Amazon.

6. vudicus

vudicus Forum Resident

Both SACDs are listed on Amazon.co.uk for £48.25 each.

I really hope that price drops.

7. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

The link under post #50 will take you to the SACD on Amazon.us. It says "CD" but it's $33 ish bucks and the producer is listed as Analogue Productions, so it's the SACD.

8. texquad

texquad Senior Member

I'm going to pick up the Machine Gun SACD but why is this more expensive than the other AP SACD's. Could it be Janie and Experience Hendrix?

9. Jimi Bat

Jimi Bat Forum Resident

Whoever is setting the SACD price is gouging the fans.
    The UK price listed above is insane.
    Leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Imagine70, vudicus and jhm like this.
  10. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

Or Sony thinking they can charge a premium for high resolution Jimi. I hope they fall in line with the pricing of other “normal" SACDs. As I said earlier, I made an exception for Machine Gun, but there's no way I'm playing $35 for P,H&A!

SG47 likes this.
  11. texquad

texquad Senior Member

Ive supported Hendrix & Co. for the last 50 years through the Good, Bad & Ugly and once again it's time to lay the money down because I hear an SACD a comin'

jhm likes this.
  12. texquad

texquad Senior Member

Here's what I don't get. Why is this new Hendrix SACD nearly $10 more than the average price of a normal AF SACD release? Is it because it's considered a new release and not cataloge like most AF titles. Or could it be they know fans are hungry for Hi-Res Hendrix and will gladly pay more!

13. They bill by package weight. Plus, they have free shipping after a set amount (Just for your information).

14. aakko

aakko Forum Resident

People, Hell & Angels and Machine Gun SACDs are available on Acoustic Sounds for 35 $ a piece.

15. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

Good news for audiophiles! I'd be interested to hear what you hear that is "better" compared to the regular CD.

16. PH&A and Machine Gun? What a waste of time (and money). Machine Gun sounds great already and PH&A should be forgotton about. Mind you, the first 3 albums will follow once they've taken your money again for these two. The official albums are already available on heavy vinyl with all-analogue cutting but it's true enough to say the CD's are a brick-walled mess. I assume they're going Hybrid, otherwise the market will be very very limited. I've never met anyone with a SACD player, even amongst audiophiles.

17. PineBark

PineBark formerly known as BackScratcher

Most Sony Blu-ray players can play SACDs. You and your friends might own SACD players without even realizing it.

bobcat, Dave, PhantomStranger and 2 others like this.
  18. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

I have the Machine Gun SACD on order (both SACDs are hybrids by the way) and I'm looking forward to comparing it to the redbook layer once I get it. The wait may just kill me though :)!

I have an Oppo BDP-83 myself, so not a dedicated SACD player at all, but a nice Blu Ray player that also handles SACDs. My though was "why not get this in the highest resolution possible" and still have some physical media. Others may not care, and that's fine by me. If you search for some of the SHM-SACD threads on this forum, you'll see there are MANY "audiophiles" with SACD capability here.

As for the core catalog, I hope it gets re-issued on SACD! I'm not a vinyl guy so a transfer of the same tape used for the AAA LPs to DSD would be phenomenal to me! Bring it on!

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  19. Complier

Complier Senior Member

I just cancelled my order for the SACD with Elusive Disc and ordered the LP from a third party seller on Amazon. Nuts to this backordered nonsense.

20. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I have the two Hendrix SACDs on their way to me from Acoustic Sounds - hopefully will be here tomorrow or Monday.

You realize that if you order from Acoustic Sounds, who own and distribute Analogue Productions, the SACD would have shipped out to you already (my copies shipped yesterday - Thurs 9/29). Regardless, enjoy the vinyl.

21. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Has anyone found the Machine Gun SACD on Import CD?

22. Dok

Dok Senior Member

Request Rejected »

Says it's a CD but the UPC is the same as what's on Amazon that also says it's a CD until you read the description which states its a hybrid SACD. Also, for that price it better be a SACD!

23. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

24. texquad

texquad Senior Member

I originally had preordered the CD from Amazon but later canceled in order to purchase the SACD. Keep in mind I only paid just over $20 total each for my last two AF SACD's (L&M/BOC) so the cost of this one bothered me. Finally just hit Best Buy where the store helper was pretty clueless but I finally found it. Now I'm not planning on picking up the new SACD or vinyl. Waiting for Bernie remasters of the core 3 next year and at that tme vinyl & SACD's are in order

25. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

First, Elusive stated 9/30 as a release date for the SACD, now it's 10/6. I hope it isn't subject to constant delays.

jhm likes this.