Jimmy Page says previously unheard Led Zeppelin music will be released for band's 50th anniversary

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bartels76, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Ryan Watson.

Adam Ryan Watson. Well-Known Member

Musically the hwww shows are great but I could never take to plants voice for those shows it's very thin and pinched and he sounds like he's is sucking helium. Great shows instrumentally though

Sean, Spadeygrove, dee and 1 other person like this.
  2. Adam Ryan Watson.

Adam Ryan Watson. Well-Known Member

So it's all a lie and there will be no release there is plenty of live multitrack stuff left to release

3. duneman

duneman Forum Resident

Not sure what the copyright discussion is about. Can someone enlighten? From what I've read, unless I'm missing something (which is entirely possible), it seems that for works created before 1978 copyright is for 95 years.

Copyright law of the United States - Wikipedia

4. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

In Europe the Copyright law is 50 years after the performance for performers if I remember correctly. I think this applies to unreleased performances and then if the performance it released, the copyright is renewed. However, if it is not renewed it becomes part of the public domain. I believe this is the reason that Amazon U.K. is allowed to legally sell older bootleg material. It has become part of the public domain in Europe because the copyright has not been renewed by releasing the material.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    krlpuretone, Sean and RangerXT like this.
  5. Zep Fan

Zep Fan Sounds Better with Headphones on

Part of the conspiracy of the unseen powers that be to keep the multi-tracked magnificence of LZ live from the general population.

Sean and RangerXT like this.
  6. Ram4

Ram4 Lookin' good

If you're going to call yourself Zep Fan, could you at least have a picture of Zeppelin as your avatar? That is the real conspiracy.

But I'd love for some multitracks to suddenly pop up that we had no prior knowledge of!

7. Ram4

Ram4 Lookin' good

Adam, do you know how to use the quote feature? Do you know how to edit posts? Please learn it so we don't have to see you posting over and over and over or replying to different people out of order so we have no idea who you are talking to. Seems like you have a lot to say on Zep, so that would make it easier for us.

8. bbanderic

bbanderic Forum Resident

I hope not, there's much better stuff out there they could release.

9. Sixpence

Sixpence Zeppelin Fan

And his amp's distortion is terrible. He went from a phenomenal guitar sound on 7/24/79 in Copenhagen to awful sound for the 80's shows.

You can hear Robert Plant complain about the sound in between tracks on the 6/23/80 Bremen show.

Rockin' Robby likes this.
  10. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

The Zurich Soundboard has some priceless moments!:righton:
    Achilles,Trampled,Train,even Stairway.Whole Lotta Love from berlin is essential too.
    To be honest I have not listened to Copenhagan`79 in ages due to bright mastering and loud clapping.No Quarter wasn`t as good as `77 to me.

RangerXT likes this.
  11. Zep Fan

:crazy:OCD a little, Ram4 ???

:tsk: But there's no conspiracy here!! :waiting:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  12. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Are you hitting the fentanyl?! :) The RAH show tone is wonderful. I could listen to it forever and never dislike it.

Agree on the HTWWW. Sure I've complained about the mastering but it's still a great show and wonderful to have.

13. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

IMO the 1980 shows also offer superior performances of the Presence material than in '77.
    Something I've always been curious about in regard to the 1980 soundboards: we've got the entire tour's soundboards except for the Vienna and Munich gigs. I wonder what happened to those soundboards? I will take a shot in the dark and assume that they did exist at one point...
    I felt the same way with How The West Was Won. I preferred disc two of the BBC Sessions set over HTTWW by a considerable margin.

steveharris and RangerXT like this.
  14. Zep Fan

Are the Copenhagen 1979 warm up gigs multi-tracked??

RangerXT likes this.
  15. ohnothimagen

I wish! :drool:

Actually, I have no idea. I don't think so. More's the pity, those shows wipe the floor with the Knebworth gigs.

16. 10 years? Given that Page would be 84 in 10 years, he might want to think again about drawing out the release schedule so much.

17. ohnothimagen

You never know. Unless Jimmy has some sort of health issues he's keeping on the down low, these last few years now that he's finally clean and sober are probably the healthiest he's been in decades. I could see Jimmy Page hanging in there another ten years, still flying the Zeppelin flag...

The Trinity likes this.
  18. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Many fans will be dead in 5-10 years. This should've happened in the 90s

aroney, Jimijam, 905 and 7 others like this.
  19. Overthehillsandfaraway

Overthehillsandfaraway Forum Resident

Page must have good genes to have survived the lifestyle he lived in the 70s and early 80s. I think his mother lived into her 90s, so the Page family are clearly good for genes. Or maybe it's that powerful magick! ;)

supermd, Sean, RangerXT and 1 other person like this.
  20. gohill

gohill Senior Member

He has had some pretty debilitating back issues in the past so that may be something that puts him off playing live or touring. I think he would only deem it worth his while if is a LZ tour. He would have to practise and rehearse a lot to get to a good standard. At O2 he was 63, but he is now 74 and that is a big difference at that age. He has lost a good bit of his dexterity on the fretboard as he did not keep playing every day like Jeff Beck has. I think he just wants to enjoy his health and family so only a big LZ tour would be of interest to him in terms of what he would need to do to get himself on stage again. Just look at what Clapton says about how much it hurts for him to still play onstage so i can guess it would be really hard for Jimmy to play live again regularly at his level of fame.

21. Ram4

Ram4 Lookin' good

Relax, I was making a joke! I probably would have had the same avatar and name 30 years ago if there was an internet to go on back then.

22. Ram4

Ram4 Lookin' good

Ugh, it's the worst tone he ever had.:thumbsdow;) I would never want my guitar to sound like that. It's all mid-range with no clarity, no chime. Thankfully he only had that tone for a short time.:righton:

23. Overthehillsandfaraway

Overthehillsandfaraway Forum Resident

Sorry Ram I have to disagree. I love the fuzzed up RAH tone, especially on Communication Breakdown. I'm surprised the old place was still standing after that one!

24. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Yeah, that's why it's so perfect! :)

SickAgain likes this.
  25. Zep Fan

:edthumbs:

DK Pete likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.