Joe Rogan (and his podcast) is moving to Texas

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by GodShifter, Jul 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

That's exactly what happened to Oregon with the flood of Californians that came over several decades to find cheap housing and lower costs in general.

MonkeyLizard and GodShifter like this.
  2. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member Thread Starter

Yep, and look at Oregon, specifically Portland, now. Incredibly expensive to live there.

unclefred likes this.
  3. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

I never knew that you were Carlos Mencia!!!!

goodiesguy, vince and MonkeyLizard like this.
  4. GodShifter

What did he play? Wasn't he a janitor or something?

5. GodShifter

Ah, taking the gloves off with the Mencia comment, eh? :wantsome:

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  6. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

He'll pay national income tax. This is about a state income tax levied by a state that spends over $200 billion annually.

7. Texas needs to learn a lesson and implement a 100% surtax on California/NY transplants, stat.

8. GodShifter

You're probably joking, but it wouldn't be the worst idea. Something needs to be done in terms of the vast migration that's happening here. I suppose what will happen is Texas will get priced out just like every other place that people think is 'better'. Then it's off to Louisiana or Mississippi or I dunno.

unclefred and Dudley Morris like this.
  9. dlokazip

dlokazip Forum Transient

He was the technician/handyman guy. He once described the role as a dumber version of himself.

10. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Dayman, fighter of the Nightman

Thought I would just share this old memory. During the real early days of the podcast I went down to the Improv to see Rogan perform. Joey Diaz opened and then Amy Schumer went on. During her set I went to the bathroom and when I came out there was just a empty hallway with Rogan and Diaz chatting. I remember Rogan was talking about Doug Stanhope calling him earlier and I felt like I literally walked into the podcast. They were two of the kindest and most approachable guys I've ever met. Maybe its comics though because when I later met Burr and Stanhope they were also that way.

11. kanakaris

kanakaris Forum Resident

Some of these multimillionaires have never enough.

12. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

just moving to a lower tax State

13. GodShifter

So a really dumb character then.

14. Andersoncouncil

Andersoncouncil Forum Resident

I like him a lot, but he seems to be all over the place. Examples: he promotes the use of natural, psychedelic drugs but doesn't understand the appeal of the Grateful Dead? I can't figure out where he stands politically. At times he comes off liberal, sometimes conservative. I'd say he may be a Libertarian.

GodShifter likes this.
  15. Andersoncouncil

Andersoncouncil Forum Resident

Joey Diaz has a great podcast! I love when he talks music.

16. jbmcb

jbmcb Forum Resident

Not to get too political, but from the many episodes I've listened to, he leans "classical" liberal, which I guess you could call libertarian, with some positions that could be called progressive (universal income & health care) and conservative (pro-police, pro-2nd amendment.) He's backed libertarian candidates. He's also backed Bernie Sanders.

So yeah, he's kind of all over the map, which is why I like him. I don't want to hear two people arguing over something, or trying to "win" - I want to hear people talk about ideas. Some I agree with and some I don't, which I'm fine with.

17. GodShifter

That may be true, but as a guest on TJE podcast? A beat down.

Rogan seems to lean left, likes Hendrix, smoking dope, and whatever else. He’s an avid bow hunter and workout nut. I can’t get a real handle on his politics either, though he’s never said anything that’s really made me mad in that arena. Kudos to him for that.

Andersoncouncil likes this.
  18. boyjohn

boyjohn Senior Member

He's one of those people who lean left on some social issues but are way to the right on some other things, while not understanding the link between the two. His views make no sense at all really. Plus he seems to cater to the "bro" mentality, which i absolutely despise.

GodShifter likes this.
  19. They don’t make sense to people on the fringes, but seem fairly coherent to the rest of us. He can be somewhat naive, but at least admits what he doesn’t know.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  20. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

I've watched 3 RG podcasts :Henry Rollins', Ted Nugent's, and one on watch collectors. But to a foreigner like me, I can't fathom where he stands politically speaking; care to enlighten me ?

21. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

What is the need to determine Joe Rogan's political affiliation? He's not a political activist, is he? Like most people, there are things he cares about, some more than others, and things he probably doesn't spend time thinking about or trying to develop some cogent stance. Some views might seem left or some might seem right, and that's all relative to the viewer.

This is supposed to be about his radio show and how the move affects that. Look the the first sentence of the second paragraph from the OP.

22. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

Good for Joe. He has been considering a move for a few years now.

23. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

and your point?

24. boyjohn

boyjohn Senior Member

Maybe that nuts seem to congregate together?

25. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

define nut?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.