John Carpenter's "The Thing" is getting a 4K UHD release September 2021

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Zep Fan, Jul 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I wanted to add something I've always wondered about this film.

There they are, for lord knows how long, in isolation, solitude, and they can barely raise anyone on the radio, yet they've got weed like it's an endless supply. The size of homie's spliff was outrageous and somebody always had a roach going. They must have really had to pack up to have that much doobage on hand, when obviously they had been there a while, with no sign of conserving it.

I mean, has anybody else wondered this, too?

Also, pretty dumb of Kurt Russell to destroy his chess machine. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
  2. Linger63

Linger63 Forum Resident

Maybe they were growing their own with a hydroponic set up......:chill::shh::laugh:
    Windows could probably fix the chess machine PC thing.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  3. Linger63

Linger63 Forum Resident

It was a cheating b*tch anyway!!!!!!!:winkgrin:

4. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

I saw this movie on initial release in 1982 with my father. The original film had made a big impact on him as a young boy. I was only 11 years old when we saw this remake, and I recall us both having a wonderful time.

I had no idea until recently that the 1982 film was critically lambasted from all sides. Reading period reviews, it seemed to be universally despised. Of course now it’s considered a genre classic, but I still have difficulty understanding how such a good film could’ve been so demonized at the time. Very very strange.

Linger63 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.