John Wick - 4 - March 24/2023

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Jul 23, 2022.

1. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

John Wick 7/10
    JW 2 ? 6/10
    JW 3 ? 5/10
    JW 4 ?

3. MikaelaArsenault

4. MikaelaArsenault

5. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

ex_mixer and Chris DeVoe like this.
  6. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

Saw it last night in an IMAX theater, you won’t fall asleep. Really over the top in shoot em up’s. I’ll admit I’ve seen all the films but I’m not the biggest fan. My son bought the tickets and said we are going. They had coming attractions for the Oppenheimer movie, now that really interests me.

Simon A likes this.
  7. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

I really enjoyed 1 and 2 but by halfway through 3 I was thinking..."can we see something new here?"

George P, Bluesman Mark and Simon A like this.
  8. Crack To The Egg

Crack To The Egg Forum Resident

Saw this yesterday. It didn’t feel almost three hours long, but there’s easily a whole sequence or two that could have been cut.

If 2 and 3 didn’t do it for you, this movie won’t change your mind. But if you’re looking for a The Good The Bad and The Ugly type finale to John Wick, this movie will fit the bill.

There is an end credit scene. You have enough time to go to the bathroom during the credits.

Lot of movie references in the film, most notably The Warriors.

This is a loud movie. The theater was vibrating the sub bass is very prominent in a number of scenes.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
    enro99 likes this.
  9. Bluesman Mark

Bluesman Mark I'm supposed to put something witty here....

Missed the end credits scene. Don't feel like I missed anything.

Loved the 1st three movies. This one jumped the shark, & badly. It was too long with a surfeit of action scenes & a paucity of plot. Even the action scenes were overlong & drug out, & the entire film was bloated & only sporadically engaging. Visually stunning, (as always), but never satisfying like the others were.

10. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

I've seen the word MASTERPIECE used multiple times for this movie and I absolutely believe it! I can't wait to see it!
    I'll be my own judge!

11. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Romans 6:23

I've been catching up on the series and it's great so far. I still need to watch 3 but this is one my wife and I may actually venture to the theater to see if we get time.

RSteven likes this.
  12. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

We saw it last Friday. We’ve seen the previous ones, but I believe we saw all at home on DVD or streaming.

Despite it being long and a lot of continuous fighting, I still enjoyed it. We were in motion seats that moved along with the action and maybe that helped too, but I like Keane Reeves and between that and the fighting being well done, it was an enjoyable experience.

That being said, it’s not very different from the earlier ones though. :laugh:

13. MikaelaArsenault

Keanu Reeves Proves He's The Ultimate BFF In Game With 'John Wick 4' Ian McShane & Lance Reddick

Juan Matus likes this.
  14. MikaelaArsenault

Keanu Reeves Teases 'Insane' 'John Wick 4' Fight Sequences: 'We Went Crazy'

15. MikaelaArsenault

'John Wick 4' Director Chad Stahelski Reflects On First Meeting With Keanu Reeves In '90s

16. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Saw it today and thought it was awesome, better than #3, a ballet of death and destruction. I have to give Keanu props because it looks like he does quite a bit of the stunts.
    The only drawback is the nearly 3 hour length, they could have cut out a long drawn out sequence on the steps leading up to the church but there are some comic moments in that one too.

RSteven likes this.
  17. Hoover Factory

Hoover Factory Old Dude Who Knows Things

I saw the movie today and liked it. The car scenes at the Arc de Triomhe and the action sequence shot from above in the building are mind blowing. However, the movie is far too long…doesn’t anyone in Hollywood know how to edit a film anymore?

RSteven likes this.
  18. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

The overhead action sequence was an interesting approach, where they totally made it look like a live video game. I assume, esp with the use of those flammable rounds, that that was intentional.

19. Bluesman Mark

Bluesman Mark I'm supposed to put something witty here....

Both those set pieces were brilliant but fell prey to length, just like the entire movie. In every way this film could have been trimmed by at least a half hour & it would have been much better.

Hoover Factory likes this.
  20. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

Finally saw it and I wouldn't cut one single second, not one!
    Loved every second of this movie, talk about a man fighting for his freedom and life! Most definitely one that I will add to my Blu-Ray collection!

21. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Great! I just ordered it on 4K steelbook from Best Buy. I don't think I'll see it in the theater but I should.

22. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Vickie and I sadly missed seeing it in Dolby Cinema, but the GXL showing at AMC's Prairiefire (formerly Cinetopia) was excellent. This is a movie that makes full use of Dolby Atmos.

We hardly noticed the length.

But on the other hand, we routinely go see multiple 3 hour long Bollywood films in a single day, so your mileage might vary.

RSteven likes this.
  23. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

How would you rate it compared to the other 3?

24. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

Loved it. I give it 9/10, and it loses that last point because of the inconsistency of "the rules of the table" in front of the church in one of the last scenes.

So the rules of the table have to be followed, except when John Wick kills the Marquis and the end, and all is forgiven?

25. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Spoilers

Better than JW 3.
    2 hours would have been enough.
    Wick should have died least half way through film. With falling from great heights car collisions. Disappointed with Donnie Yen.
    As of the ending? Anticlimax.. should have been some action with Skarsgard.
    No intention of watching it again.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
    Bluesman Mark likes this.