John & Yoko 'Wedding Album' 50th Anniversary reissue edition coming in March 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by andrewskyDE, Feb 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

Mazzy likes this.
  2. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Looks like we scored some similar items way back when. Really cool Apple-Richard.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Mazzy and apple-richard like this.
  3. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

This is now $36.09 on Amazon. Thanks for posting, I and a few others were lucky to get our orders in before the price change.

Embracetheday and apple-richard like this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yea, ONCE is more than enough!

pseudopod and apple-richard like this.
  5. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

I usually play Two Virgins, Life With The Lions and Wedding album about every five years. I have the records and Ryko CDs.

Mazzy and Michael like this.
  6. Michael

that's enough time for recovery...

7. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Thanks also. I got in on the 15.00 Wedding Album from Amazon. Got 4 of them ordered. My buddy ordered two for me and I got two. I will store three and open one. I also ordered some of the clear ones from RoughTrade UK. Love the whole idea until I remind myself that these aren't even on the Apple label.

apple-richard likes this.
  8. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Hope the Amazon Wedding Album goes through. I thought I read on these forums about a situation where Amazon was supposed to get something collectible, but then had to cancel.

9. You’re planning for a big wedding? Call the caterer yet ? Band or DJ?

Sargon and apple-richard like this.
  10. vcpj

vcpj Gomper

I just remembered I've got a mini-LP CD version that has the box w/all the contents in miniature -- adorable!

Sargon and apple-richard like this.
  11. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Why would you "store" 3 copies?

12. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

Well, with the wedding cake, it's regarded by aficionados as a real "dessert-island disc"... :tiphat:

mrjinks, daveidmarx, PIGGIES and 2 others like this.
  13. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

I have multiple copies of most of my collection. May sound crazy to you now. It sounded crazy to my friends in the late 70s too. But when you have multiple copies of Beatles albums - mostly solo that I paid between 6.99 - 19.99 each for that are now going for between 100.00- to 400.00, and even 500.00 a copy, it turns out pretty good for me. Go price a sealed All Things Must Pass on Apple from 1970, for example, and your "why" might dissipate a wee bit.

I also have single "one of a kind" items that I am grateful to own at all.

14. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Sealed original albums is what commands the greatest collector value and collectability. I definitely don't lose investment value in the long run. That's for sure. Also, if I end up scratching an album, I have access to more without having to seek out the scalpers on ebay. Also, if what I have extras of is all analog, I don't have to settle for digital to analog LP crap conversions. I LOVE having multiple copies. Something to behold. They are all shinny, sealed, and protected with original hype stickers on them. I do the same with limited edition box sets, McCartney Archive books, signed Yoko Imagine books, etc. I bought TWO of the Wings 71-73 when it came out. Both are sealed for now. Those have been going for up to 5X the purchase price. No regrets on my now out of print, Beatles mono box sets either. Same with my two Concert for George super deluxe 1000 copy editions. Often the sale of a third sealed copy of something rare can potentially pay for the entire investment with money to boot.

But I'm not so interested in the sales profits. Someone might want to SELL a Superman #1. I am the type that would like to KEEP it. Name your fun. This is MY fun.

15. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

I don't mind some things unsealed. Never had a quarrel with an unsealed butcher cover! lol

16. Embracetheday

Embracetheday Forum Resident

Excellent!

17. pseudopod

pseudopod Dig Yourself

I've owned my copy since the late 80's and I think I've only ever played it once or twice. Got it used. Original Apple issue. No box. No bells or whistles. Just the record and the gatefold cover. Good enough for me.

Michael likes this.
  18. Michael

yea, I get it...owning it is nice especially if one is a completest......listening to it....ummm.

pseudopod likes this.
  19. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

In some ways, I feel the same. Our first encounter with a physical music item is almost always a sealed copy of a record album, CD, box set, etc. There's a certain level of excitement one feels when touching and holding that sealed music item (sometimes long awaited) for the first time when you're at the record store or opening up that Amazon cardboard box and keeping a sealed copy preserves that memory. That's why I have a sealed duplicate of a lot of my favourite music (the same practice applies to collecting action figures and keeping a duplicate in the packaging, but that's a discussion for another thread).

mrjinks, Sargon and apple-richard like this.
  20. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

Agreed!

mrjinks and AdamChanSiuLung like this.
  21. steppednwhat

steppednwhat I hallucinate on Dr. Pepper

I frequented a place called "Forever Young" in the DFW area. The owner had a copy on eight track that he displayed in a glass case.

22. bettsaj

bettsaj “I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing.”

Just ordered one of the exclusive 300 limited clear vinyl Wedding Albums off Rough Trade. They've literally only got about 50 left. Delivery won't be until April though due to pressing plant issues in the states

23. Embracetheday

I got in on the clear this morning too! Hoping the $15.98 Amazon preorder price for the standard white sticks as it now looks like the standard LP is sold out on Secretly’s site.

24. bettsaj

bettsaj “I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing.”

I spoke to Sean at Rough Trade yesterday.... The white has sold out via Rough Trade pre-orders! The clear had sold 250 copies before they pulled the item from their website due to pressing issues at the factory in the states. Apparently he was up all night trying to negotiate with them regarding delivering the clear vinyl. He texted me last night to let me know the remaining 50 were now available for pre-order.

The 300 are exclusive to Rough Trade UK so he told me, and the white is only in limited quantities in the UK with the bulk being sold in the states. Apparently Rough Trade are only getting in enough white copies to give each shop 10 each, so around 50 in total.

Looks like the clear will be the rarer version to have with only 300 being pressed.

The $15.98 that you quoted was for the CD, not the standard white. The Standard white is up for $36.09

Embracetheday likes this.
  25. Embracetheday

The vinyl was also listed at $15.98 on Amazon up until a day or two ago before jumping up to $36.09. Most likely an error but Amazon has been known to honor preorder prices that were mistakenly listed. We’ll see if that’s the case here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.