Johnny Cash And Elvis Presley Together: I dont believe Ive ever seen this before

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by mpayan, Feb 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off Thread Starter

Maybe this is well known but I certainly have never seen it before and I watch around quite a bit for these tid bits of footage..pretty cool I thought. Amazing how young Elvis looks compared to Johnny here. Johnny was sure rough on himself. Anyway, pretty cool vid I thought...

2. EdgardV

EdgardV ®

And here, impersonating one another.

3. mpayan

Lol cool. I had seen the Johnny bit but hadnt heard the Elvis does Cash one.

Did Elvis or Johnny ever have any stories about their time together? I dont recall any.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  4. EdgardV

EdgardV ®

Don't know. While I like some of both artists work, you introduced me to this pairing! I just happened across this video when looking at yours. Laugh out loud.

mpayan likes this.
  5. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

There's this excerpt from "Cash : The Autobiography"
    More on the Elvis Australia site: Johnny Cash Remembers Elvis Presley | Elvis Articles

JM Jones, Grand_Ennui and mpayan like this.
  6. BeatleJWOL

7. BeatleJWOL

And this...

melstapler and mpayan like this.
  8. mpayan

Its interesting that Johnny talks about how he was impressed with Elvis' rhythm guitar playing. Obvious statement I guess, but that may be one thing is kind of overlooked about Elvis. His impeccable sense of rhythm. Im sure the rhythm guitar came very natural to him. Im a pretty good picker, but man rhythm guitar for me is anything but natural. Lennon was like that also I think, he just had that natural sense.

BeatleJWOL and MRamble like this.
  9. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Don't suppose anyone who can read lips got anything from the 39 second clip. That DJ Jerry, he talks at 16 RPM :)

Is he just being facetious when he refers to Carl Perkins?

melstapler likes this.
  10. minkahed

minkahed Forum Resident

This is so weird.

While that footage up top is extremely rare, but not so much anymore within the current Elvis world, as many have seen it on the FECC message board and the Phoenix board.

It's a gorgeous piece of film and that segment with Elvis dancing is priceless, besides looking absolutely beautiful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.