Joni Mitchell ‘Asylum Albums (1972-1975)’ Box Set Due 9/23/22

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by belardd, Jul 28, 2022.

1. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

Thanks - I buy new releases on his site regularly and this is the first time I’ve run into this issue, but I’ll double check that just in case.

JeffreyB likes this.
  2. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

Just curious: any luck?

3. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

I’ve been trying every day or so for two weeks now but still haven’t got it to work. I varied my payment method and tried on both an iPad and a PC and tested my zip code with and without the additional numbers at the end but no luck. I will contact their support soon but keep figuring there’s a problem on their end that will be fixed. I’ve placed quite a few orders on the Greedy Hand site over the last several years and never had a problem until now.

4. Point-Man

Point-Man Well-Known Member

My turn at the ole Rhino merry-go-round to get a replacement 'Court & Spark' CD. Used the email address posted here and this is what I got back after several days:

"Thank you for contacting us!

Unfortunately, we are currently experiencing a very high volume of customer service inquires and cannot provide a tailored response to your inquiry at this time.

We are very sorry for this delay, and we have provided some frequently asked questions (and answers) below.

If the information provided in this response does not answer your question, please reply to this email for priority assistance. (We will respond to your email as soon as possible.)

If your inquiry has already been addressed, you can disregard this message.

We apologize again for this frustrating experience and thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Rhino Store"

Well that is positively Kafka-esque and pathetic I might add. Kinda makes me regret spending all those dollars on Rhino products over the last three decades if this is what it has come to.... that response is "North Korean" in its impersonal soullessness. Suffice to say I am not holding my breath for that CD replacement. Arsewipes.

Eric_Generic likes this.
  5. JR63

JR63 Forum Resident

I received this response Friday to my request for a replacement CD:

Hello James,

Your email has come to my attention, and I apologize for the tardiness of this response.

I will send out your replacement disc on my next visit to the office.

I am very sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Mac
    WMG Specialty Customer Service

Timjosephuk, adamos and Eric_Generic like this.
  6. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

After weeks of emails with no response, I received the exact same email on Friday. Progress! However, they still need my address, don't they? :wtf:

7. HastingsBoy

HastingsBoy Forum Resident

Yep! I got the same response! Do we believe them? I'll believe them when my replacement actually arrives. Very poor customer service.

Eric_Generic likes this.
  8. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

That is really poor. I'm glad I didn't get that kind of response!

I suppose all you can do is wait for them to work through the backlog or else get in touch again. Because the fixed discs do exist and are being sent out.

EG.

ispace and Point-Man like this.
  9. Point-Man

Point-Man Well-Known Member

Thanks. Suffice to say I gave them both barrels in return including some choice Anglo Saxon colloquialisms to turn the air blue. I am not expecting to ever get a replacement disc now but as least I vented appropriately. My only regret now is spending all that money on Rhino product over the decades.... you live and learn I guess?

Sadly though this is how physical media will die as I am losing count of how many issues I have had like this over the years (Sandy Denny box, New Order 2CD deluxe editions, Richard & Linda Thompson set, a bunch of Cherry Red boxes, now Joni.... haven't record companies heard of QC?).

Eric_Generic likes this.
  10. Jake362

Jake362 Mystic Knight of the Oingo Boingo

Now that a replacement disc exists, do we know if new orders from Rhino or Amazon contain the corrected disc? I've been waiting on the box due to the issue.

11. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Chances are that they will have to sell-through all the inventory before making a new batch with the corrected disc.

ispace and Eric_Generic like this.
  12. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

I haven't heard from them at all after submitting the form. I will stick to my plan. No corrected CD in my home, no further orders of the JM boxsets.

13. Music Geek

I got the same email last night. I replied with my address but I have a feeling it's all a shambles and Mr Mac will never get back to the office to send anything.

14. Jimbino

Jimbino Goad Kicker, Music Lover

+1.
    But, IIRC from earlier posts, Mac does come through.
    FWIW, I sent my original inquiry on March 3.

Eric_Generic and adamos like this.
  15. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

I received that email yesterday too. In my experience Rhino has always been very good about providing replacement discs so I’m confident it will eventually arrive.

16. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

Mac should come through in the end.

EG.

17. PassionPlay

PassionPlay Forum Resident

I got the same email from Mac yesterday. Here’s hoping!

Eric_Generic likes this.
  18. rdog

rdog Forum Resident

Got the email on this and also the Neil Young BBC DVD. Maybe I'll finally be able to throw away the packaging material and shipping documents before the start of summer.

Eric_Generic and JeffreyB like this.
  19. Glad Man

Glad Man Forum Resident

My replacement copy arrived today. Mac came through!

20. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

When did you get the email from Mac?

I'm still waiting for mine. Thanks!

21. Jimbino

Jimbino Goad Kicker, Music Lover

Mine arrived today as well! The notice from Mac came to me about second week in March.

22. PassionPlay

PassionPlay Forum Resident

Glad to see people are getting these. Still waiting for mine to come, but it’s encouraging to see that they are getting shipped.

Eric_Generic likes this.
  23. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

Trust in the Mac! :)

EG.

PassionPlay and ispace like this.
  24. Glad Man

Glad Man Forum Resident

March 21

JeffreyB likes this.
  25. Music Geek

At the moment I have received only 2 or 3 feedback requests for their customer service.
    They didn't have money to make one person listen to the CDs before they got pressed but they have money to pay a third party to gather customer feedback. :rolleyes:

ispace and Kristofa like this.