Judas Priest 42 CD set - 50 Heavy Metal Years of Music coming soon.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jimmy Agates, Mar 13, 2021.

1. jmdivi

jmdivi Forum Resident

Queensryche was great. No new tracks at all. All songs from the warning ,rage to order, mindcrime , one from the EP and the other from Empire. 11 songs total. All killer. No filler.

FVDnz, fretter, The MEZ and 6 others like this.
  2. B-Mike

B-Mike Forum Resident

After I inquired about new CD sleeves, I was given a 20% refund. (And the money actually showed up on my credit card.). I don't know if the replacement sleeves are ever coming or not.

[​IMG]
    Sarah Zotian (Musictoday)

Apr 14, 2022, 9:20 EDT

Hello ,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

I have now issued a refund for 20% for that back to you.

Please allow 3-5 business days for that to appear in your banking.

We have appreciated your patience throughout this process and apologize for the wait.

I hope you have a great day!

Please reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah
    Customer Service

3. EndorphinMachine

EndorphinMachine Forum Resident

This is an amazing mess to follow!

4. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Over the years I ended up with a handful of cd boots.These were either heard for free or I found physical copies very inexpensive.I am happy with the sound of these.I haven’t heard any shows from this boxset.The only CDs that looked interesting was the Screaming For Vengeance show.

5. jmdivi

jmdivi Forum Resident

Today I got a message from music today saying that wallets will now go out automatically and to not worry about sending back the set. This is a cluster. The back and forth. I don’t think they are being consistent with their responses. I think everyone who ordered this set should get 20% refunded to the credit card used for the transaction !

6. jmdivi

jmdivi Forum Resident

Samantha Garfield (Musictoday)

Apr 18, 2022, 10:36 EDT

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for contacting the Judas Priests Store,

I completely understand, after reaching out and requesting more information it seems a decision has been made where you do not need to return the box set to receive the replacement in May! You will be notified via email once your replacement box set has been shipped.

Thank you for being so patient throughout this matter and I apologize for any inconveniences it has caused.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Samantha
    Judas Priest Customer Service

[​IMG]

Apr 13, 2022, 13:34 EDT

I heard that Kontraband. Another company that was also selling the Judas Priest box set. Is not requiring customers to send back the box. They are just automatically sending out the 6 replacement wallets

Curveboy and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. Jiginado

Jiginado Well-Known Member

I'm not playing around with this band, I distinctly remember the so called "remasters" being the worst remasters I have ever heard.

I'll wait for DR values to leak, until then they have to earn my money the hard way.

Purple and Matthew Tate like this.
  8. Gus Tomato

Gus Tomato Stop dreamin’ and start drivin’ Stevie!

The DR numbers are in this thread. Apart from the Ripper albums and onwards, the numbers are very good, the masterings are based on first issued CDs afaik.

9. VinylRichieUK

VinylRichieUK Forum Resident

I got an email today from Kontraband saying my 7 replacement CD covers have been sent.

10. VinylRichieUK

Well my replacement CD covers arrived today, so that's at least fixed some of the issues.

I told Kontraband that they should refund 20% of the box cost as an apology, but so far it's fallen on deaf ears, won't hold my breath.

11. Gus Tomato

Good to know they have made good on that promise at least.

DiabloG and VinylRichieUK like this.
  12. VinylRichieUK

I must admit, my least favourite of the bonus live CDs, is Atlanta 1982, too much reverb.

Matthew Tate and DiabloG like this.
  13. Nick C

Nick C Forum Resident

Just received my replacements - 7 sleeves - Sad Wings, British Steel, Priest Live, Live in London, Live in Houston, Live in New Haven, Beyond Live & Rare.

14. VinylRichieUK

Kontraband replied to me and said that they were the only official retailer of this box set and that they can't comment on refunds from another outlet.

If that's the case, how did buyers get hold of the box set if they didn't buy it from Kontraband?

Matthew Tate, Pouchkine and Curveboy like this.
  15. VinylRichieUK

Just had yet another email from Kontraband, as you can see below, they now admit there was another official retailer.

Hi,

Just spoken to the label and it does indeed seem there was a US retailer as you mention. However, I really am not able to comment in regards to this I'm afraid.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience and stress this has caused and I do hope that these new sleeves bring the situation to a satisfying close.
    Take care,
    Simon

Matthew Tate, DiabloG and Curveboy like this.
  16. DiabloG

DiabloG City Pop, Rock, and anything 80s til I die

I believe Musictoday was the US retailer as that's who I had to email.

jeffreybh and Matthew Tate like this.
  17. ocotes

ocotes Forum Resident

Judas Priest

We are now ready to begin shipping the 50 Heavy Metal Years Of Music replacement sleeves out to you.
    For all purchasers of the Box Set, please look out for an email with steps on how to claim your replacement sleeves and then head to the link below:
    https://JudasPriest.lnk.to/50HMYSleeves

Judas Priest are charging £50 for replacement sleeves...

jeffreybh, ArpMoog and Matthew Tate like this.
  18. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR Thread Starter

So are the replacement covers for Sad Wings and British Steel listing the tracks as they are on the Cd which is not the proper order? In better words they've mot really their own f-up just adjusted covers to suit....what shonky behaviour.

jeffreybh likes this.
  19. That just about sums up everything that has been wrong with their management this last 20 odd years.
    What a PR disaster!!!!
    Sell a overpriced boxset with multiple errors and then advertise, you can buy replacement sleeves for £50 if you can't accept the errors on the originals.

20. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR Thread Starter

I didn't even take the post about the charge seriously until I checked - that's absolutely ridiculous.

21. Gus Tomato

Deplorable. Shame on all involved in this.

22. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Are these new sleeves made from the finest Sequoia or something? Sheeeeeeesh!

jeffreybh and Matthew Tate like this.
  23. manofatom

manofatom Forum Resident

Are they charging £50, or is the price set to £50 so that no-one who doesn’t have the box buys them, and the those that have the box have been emailed a code to make them free…

24. Pouchkine

Pouchkine Forum Resident

Does the band members know just how awful their management really is? Between this, the awful remasters and many other things they certainly have cost the band a LOT of money.

25. DiabloG

DiabloG City Pop, Rock, and anything 80s til I die

:doh: :laughup:

Holy schnikes, that's awful!

jeffreybh, Pouchkine and Matthew Tate like this.