DCC Archive judas priest remaster

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Unknown, Nov 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unknown

Unknown Guest Thread Starter

I have received the next batch of Sony's Judas Priest remaster... I'm a little disappointed. Not as good as the first 4 reissues... but no wonder... they were remastered by Jon Astley again.

2. BitShifter

BitShifter New Member

I know this will sound crazy, but I've been listening to the original Priest CDs so long, and have never heard Priest on vinyl, so that the new remasters sound "unnatural" to me. While 1 or 2 songs sound improved, the "boosting" frequently causes the vocals to get lost in the mix. As flawed as the original mastering to CD may have been, my mind seems to accept it now as the "original". :)

I've had the same complaint with some of the other Columbia remasters, Ted Nugent and BOC, specifically. And I ain't none to sure about Billy Joel yet... still A/B'ing The Stranger to try to figure out whether it's really an improvement.

3. Unknown

Unknown Guest Thread Starter

Aren't the channels reversed on one of those Priest remasters?

You can't listen to Priest on vinyl -- you need 20 kHz to get to the top end of Halford's range! :D

4. pigmode

pigmode Active Member

Well, I'm happy enough with my my vinyl disc. I was more into it for the guitar anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.