Judas Priest`s Turbo Remaster.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Yam Graham, Dec 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yam Graham

Yam Graham 2023 Thread Starter

Hello there Everyboby....Season greetings.
    Sort of found my way here through a couple of Hard Rock Websites...some interesting stuff goin on here.
    Anyway the reason for my first post.....Turbo (remastered) by Judas Priest.
    After wondering for some considerable time if remasters are just louder,but not actually better......this CD puts another slant on it.
    After listening to the original disc (CDCBS 26641) from 1986,then the remaster(Columbia 502135 2) from 2001,......it sounds like its been remixed not remastered.
    The remaster has got more bottom end crunch but sounds different in a number of areas.......not for the better in my humble opinion.
    Priest being one of my fav bands I only intended to replace British Steel (for the original running order) and Unleashed In The East for the extra bonus tracks......but I have now got 6.
    As luck would have it ,I still have the originals.....they where to be passed down to my son (He loves Priest and he `s only 8),but I think he can have the remasters.
    OK, any thoughts on this........

Yam Graham.

2. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Wait for the Metalogy box set... maybe better than the aweful sounding Astley remasters.

3. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

Keep those non-remasters, man. Sell the remasters! Make copies of the other ones for your son...:D
    Those Priest discs are among the worst remasters I've ever heard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.