JUDY GARLAND: LOST TRACKS 2 out now

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by Lawrence Schulman, Feb 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lawrence Schulman

Lawrence Schulman Senior Member Thread Starter

Greetings,

JUDY GARLAND: LOST TRACKS 2 was released yesterday, February 22nd, in the U.S. and on February 15th in the U.K. It contains 50 tracks in all, including 40 that are new to CD. It can be purchased in the U.K. at:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lost-Track...8&qid=1550938655&sr=8-5&keywords=judy+garland

and in the U.S. at:

https://www.amazon.com/Lost-Tracks-...lost+tracks+2&qid=1550938707&s=gateway&sr=8-1

For more information on the 2-CD set, go to:

Now available! “Judy Garland – Lost Tracks 2 – 1936-1967”

or:

Judy Garland Discography: Lost Tracks 2 1936 - 1967

All best.
    LAWRENCE SCHULMAN

[​IMG]

2. Chris_Sydney

Chris_Sydney Forum Resident

What a thrill! I'm particularly excited to see the release of an alternate take of 'Someone At Last', and some of those latter television appearances like the Kraft Music Hall performance of 'What Now My Life' and 'What The World Needs Now' on The Hollywood Palace. I'm also amazed that the Ford Star Jubilee version of 'Over The Rainbow' has never been officially released before considering what an iconic performance it is.

Thank you for your care and commitment to these Judy releases, @Lawrence Schulman. Is there enough in the vaults for a third volume one day? I've got my fingers crossed that 'After The Holidays' and 'All For You' at The Tonight Show will see a remastered release some time in the future. I also love her performance of the 'Judy At The Palace' medley at The Hollywood Palace - that vocal is definitely worthy of preservation on CD!

x

Lawrence Schulman likes this.
  3. Lawrence Schulman

Hi Chris Sydney,

Thanks for your kind words. It is not an alternate take of "Someone At Last" that is included, but one where the coda ending is not heard in the film. As for your other suggestions, all I can say is that "It's All For You" was released in 1998 on the following CD:

Judy Garland Discography: Biography: A [Musical] Anthology

Again, thanks for your interest.

All best.
    LAWRENCE

Chris_Sydney likes this.
  4. Chris_Sydney

Chris_Sydney Forum Resident

Thanks for the info, Lawrence. I knew it had appeared on the 'The Last Years' bootleg release from the early 90s but wasn't aware of this one.

I look forward to receiving 'Lost Tracks 2' and enjoy the treasure trove of material. I'm sure John H. Haley has done a great job with the remastering.

x

Lawrence Schulman likes this.
  5. Lawrence Schulman

Thanks, Chris. John H. Haley has done a splendid job indeed. This project took a year to produce, and we are all quite proud of it.

All best.
    LAWRENCE

6. Lawrence Schulman

7. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Forum Resident

Until I read The Second Disc's review, I didn't realize that the version of Over The Rainbow on this set is the famous version from the Ford Star Jubilee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.