' Jungle Cruise '--- I Liked It !

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Wildest cat from montana, Aug 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader Thread Starter

Not a fan of Dwayne Johnson movies and recent Disney movies were very meh for me so I was very surprised to find myself enjoying ' Jungle Cruise '

Johnson and co-star Emily Blunt have good chemistry, there's some snappy dialogue , the story while formulaic is engaging , it looks good and was entertaining.

Fun for the whole family like they used to say!

jbmcb, Shawn, Ghostworld and 6 others like this.
  2. mcd4959

mcd4959 Head in the Clouds

I liked it too. It wasn't anything "wow!!!" or that unexpected but it was still fun. Emily Blunt is my current favorite actress - she has made a ton of films & I always enjoy her. I thought she & Johnson had great, fun chemistry.

A good time - what my wife & I call a "popcorn" movie - easy to watch, forgettable, but you still enjoy it.

3. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

First half was decent, but then it fell apart.

4. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Thought it was wholly mediocre. Felt like an amalgam of other - better - movies and never caught fire.

Watchable but meh!

Spaghettiows likes this.
  5. Timos

Timos Forum resident

I thought it was OK. The Rock and Emily Blunt were good. And I liked the leopard.

6. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

I'm a big fan of the Rock, and totally looking forward to his Black Adam movie. Jungle Cruise is fun for what it is.

7. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident

We just signed up for Disney + this past week and my wife and I decided to give it a go. She enjoyed it to a degree. It was just okay. The dialogue was about as cliche' as one could imagine, but well delivered. I could recommend it as a family film to watch with kids.

On a side note, something about the look of CGI animals is creepy. I cannot suspend my disbelief when an animal looks so unnatural.

8. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

I was really looking forward to seeing it. Very disappointed when I did. Like the cast but the story wasn’t great. The CGI effects looked old and cheap.

9. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Hmmm. I think how much you like this movie will really depend on your mood. Sure, it's a thin and well worn plot, then again you could say that about Raiders Of The Lost Ark and a zillion such. If you're looking for fine cinema, a true statement of the art...nah. If you want to be entertained, sure!
    - Nice music by turns out none other than James Newton Howard
    - Some very nice artwork during the end credits. Wow I'd like to order some of it as posters.
    - It's a bit different from other movies in that everyone dies. TOTALLY unexpected. OK, I'm lying. Maybe.
    Anyway me and my kid liked it, it was fun.

10. Kyle B

Kyle B Forum Resident

I love Emily Blunt.

Ghostworld likes this.
  11. Wildest cat from montana

She's great.
    Really good in 'Sicario' which my wife watched before me and didn't like which is always an alert to me that I will like it and I did.

Ghostworld likes this.
  12. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

This isn’t the first time you’ve said this. Are there any movies you both like?

13. Wildest cat from montana

Ha!
    Not many. I remember a time our son dropped off seven new movies for us to watch . There were three I definitely wanted to see, two I'd watch and two I didn't want to see.
    Guess which two my wife wanted to watch first.

Pizza likes this.
  14. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

Fun movie. Great chemistry between the actors.

15. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Good actors, meh movie. Over reliance on CGI in a non-animated movie is getting to be distracting for me.

JohnK

16. jbmcb

jbmcb Forum Resident

It was OK. Good popcorn family movie. The action scenes were the weakest point. Too many Rube Goldberg style setups, with people falling out of trees and conveniently falling on something soft then bouncing somewhere fortuitous. The character interactions were more interesting. As others have said, the CGI was distracting. Overall, better than Disney's other recent live-action attempts.

17. Yawndave

Yawndave Forum Resident

Not Oscar-worthy by any stretch of the imagination, but I certainly enjoyed it. (I'm a sucker for just about any jungle movie)

The part that I liked the best was the chase through the market, which instantly took me back to my first visits to Adventureland in the original Disney park. I was entranced by the Jungle Cruise, the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House and the singing toucans in the Enchanted Tiki Room. I still have the rubber gorilla I bought at the Adventureland Bazaar stored away in the back of a closet somewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.