Karen Sisko...Cancelled?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Nov 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

Was Karen Sisko Cancelled? It's off the ABC Website...I enjoyed her walk:)

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Ah well, if she only had TWO expressions....

3. Michael

Who needs expressions:laugh: Just when her tops were getting lower:) I know:rolleyes:

4. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

On hiatus 'til March. Not officially cancelled yet, I don't believe, but don't hold out hope for it next fall.

5. Michael

Thanks! Where did you hear this?

6. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

Several weeks ago, The Rocky Mountain News (Denver) TV columnist reported that "special" programming (a reality show begins in January) would occupy Karen's spot thru Feb sweeps & that she'd return in March.

He did not indicate if the production schedule would continue, meaning no word yet on whether March will be a "burn off" if and when they cancel it, or if they will film new episodes that will likely air in April and June (avoiding May sweeps as well).

He further speculated that Sisco will not return to the Wed. time period, but trade off with The Practice on Sundays, where the latter will have the sweeps periods.

The RMN columnist will be all over developments, I'm sure, as it's his favorite new show this year (mine too!).

7. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

As I try with all ABC HD shows, I tried this one out, but could barely make it through the initial episode.

I don't want to come off as arrogant towards ABC, but their HD offerings have been lacking, with mediocre stuff like Push, Nevada, and M.D.s. Miracles was actually OK, too bad we didn't get a few more episodes out of it.

At least we still have Alias ;)

8. Michael

Hey Mark, Mine too! Thanks for the detailed description...The Wife and I taped it every Weds...Oh well, at least I have the Practice and 10/8!
    Since we're Cableless, There is NOT much of a choice we depend mostly on DVD's...That's why we have 600+ and growing:)

9. MITBeta

MITBeta New Member

The Boston Globe reported that the production schedule for Karen Sisco would continue and that the network was really excited about the show, but just wasn't getting the viewership that it expected.

The report also said that when the show returns in March that there would be a greater round of advertising and publicity for it.

I'm a fan of the Elmore Leonard works, from Get Shorty to Out of Sight... I've even read a few of his books.

I have enjoyed Karen Sisco so far, though I was at first disappointed that they didn't tap Dennis Farina to play her father as in Out of Sight (I loved him as Ray Barboni in Get Shorty), but I've grown to appreciate Robert Forster in the role instead.

10. Michael

I know what you mean...I feel the same way about "Alias" :) It seems the shows that suck get "in"...

11. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff

I read last week that it is officially cancelled.

12. Michael

Thanks Mark! Oh Boy, that blows...Care to state your source?

13. MITBeta

MITBeta New Member

If you type "Karen Sisco" into Google and then click "News," there's a press release from about a week again saying that it's on hiatus until the spring... no mention of outright cancellation.

14. Mark

I believe that I read it in USA Today a week or so ago. The official word is "hiatus," but it seems that it probably won't be back. Just like "Boomtown," I'm afraid. We shall see, though. Probably depends on how ABC is doing in the ratings come spring.

15. RDK

RDK Active Member

A friend at ABC tells me the network is "reworking" the show. Though I really dug it (and now fear the worst for it), ABC was less than happy with the ratings.

16. Michael

Shame, Thanks Ray:)
    I too, doubt we'll see Karen again:(
    Sometimes ratings improve...They shoulda gave it more time.

17. rjp

rjp Senior Member

boomtown was one of the best shows on tv.

they never gave it a chance.

18. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

I keep checking this thread for a photo of the start of the show. Wasn't her appearance the only reason for watching it?

19. Mark

I agree. A great, great show. The actor who played the alcoholic DA was spectacular.

20. Ere

Ere Senior Member

With those pointing at you, who needs a badge?
    [​IMG]

21. RDK

RDK Active Member

Hardly. While she's easy on the eyes, i really dug the show's offbeat, Elmore Leonard-styled humor. While I wouldn't call the show "great," I did think it was one of the freshest new series. More light-hearted than most run of the mill cop shows, with some rather unconventional plotting. It's obviously not to all tastes, though, which is why ratings were disappointing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.