Kate Bush Remasters 2018.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dunkrag, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

That's very fair, actually - still can't do at the moment :/ but put it in the classifieds, you'll find a buyer in very short time for sure :agree:

Adam Pajda likes this.
  2. Sammy Waslow

Sammy Waslow Just watching the show

I like the inclusion of tracks from other compilation albums, such as The Man I Love (from The Glory of Gerswin) and Mná na hÉireann (from Common Ground).

Seven tracks from the earlier box are not included, including - perhaps most regrettably - the four tracks from the Kate Bush On Stage EP.

The Empty Bullring
    Not This Time
    Ken
    Them Heavy People (Live)
    Don't Push Your Foot on the Heartbrake (Live)
    James and the Cold Gun (Live)
    L'Amour Looks Something Like You (Live)

I’m assuming the last five tracks on disc two of This Woman's Work are the same as the 12” mix disc on the new set, despite the alternate titles of some of them.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  3. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I hope the dynamic range is fine....

Gavin Lurssen (worked with Doug Sax) is no guarantee, see the awful Toto remasters 2018.

4. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Forum Resident

Where is Gavin Lurssen mentioned? It says on the website that these are remastered by Kate and James Guthrie.

Carlox, Plan9 and fRa like this.
  5. dezz

dezz Forum Resident

This is fantastic news, but when I first heard the rumour about new remasters I was kind of hoping they'd be released individually - or maybe (like Bowie) they will be, further down the line. Some of her albums I would love to have on vinyl, others I can quite happily live without. They do look stunning though.

6. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Forum Resident

I've just seen on Amazon.co.uk a listing for '50 Words For Snow (2018 Remaster) [Vinyl]' so maybe the main albums will be released individually as well?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TBC-VINYL-...qid=1538640320&sr=8-1&keywords=kate+bush+2018

dezz likes this.
  7. dezz

dezz Forum Resident

Thank you -
    will go have a nosey

8. Shiver

Shiver Forum Resident

Hmm, same for Aerial: https://www.amazon.co.uk/TBC-VINYL-Katherine-Shub/dp/B07HPYHL17/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1538640621&sr=8-1&keywords=aerial+(2018+remaster)+[vinyl]

Perhaps it's looking like a less expensive afternoon now

9. dezz

dezz Forum Resident

Yep - Hounds of Love and the Kick Inside also listed individually. At a very reasonable £17.99 too!

Shiver likes this.
  10. Shiver

Shiver Forum Resident

11. Adam Pajda

Adam Pajda Forum Resident

And the individual vinyls would be my to-go option.

mr.dave and LeBon Bush like this.
  12. dunkrag

dunkrag Forum Resident Thread Starter

13. Frightwig

Frightwig Forum Resident

Well I’m guessing Bertie’s uni bills are in and I’m funding most of it...happily

14. dezz

dezz Forum Resident

15. fRa

fRa Conny Olivetti - Sound Alchemist

16. Shiver

Shiver Forum Resident

This is superb. TBH I'm mostly just chuffed about the prospect of having some of these in clean new vinyl, and just hope the SQ is up to snuff and that the remastering doesn't detract from things. Of course it could also be an interesting new approach.

17. Shiver

Shiver Forum Resident

Amazon vinyl box sets £89.99 each

18. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

Fantastic news that they'll see individual releases - there are only some albums I need to have on vinyl. The Sensual World, Red Shoes, Aerial, 50 Words and maybe Hounds. Very looking forward!

Shiver likes this.
  19. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

Do y'all think those releases will include downloads as well?

20. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

Those packshots look amazing and beautiful. Can't wait - even though I've pretty much got everything (except The Red Shoes on vinyl).

21. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

I wonder if there will be a new greatest hits set as well?

22. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

I'm finding it hard to do a proper search on Amazon UK for individual releases....has Red Shoes 2018 surfaced yet.......I've seen Aerial, HOL and Lionheart and some others so far!

23. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Did anyone else notice the URL for these releases contains "Katherine Shrub"? :laugh: Maybe this is how they preload Kate Bush product without leaks until they're ready to press go.

24. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

I did!!! Maybe Kate's been hacked!!! ;)

25. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

I still find it unacceptable that this sort of release news has hardly any information on the vinyl. Who is cutting them? Where are they being pressed? I assume the worst when they DON'T list this sort of info, so I'm already thinking these are going to be duds.

I'm also finding it laughable that albums like 50 Words & Directors Cut have been "remastered" already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.