Kate Bush Remasters 2018.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dunkrag, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grobbel

Grobbel Well-Known Member

I don't really care about the remastering, but as of right now the LP versions of 50 Words for Snow (70+ euro), The Red Shoes (120+ euro) and Aerial (250+ euro!) are criminally overpriced on discogs. Even The Director's Cut will set you back more than 50 euro, so these lower prices are very welcome.

LeBon Bush and Chriss Ons like this.
  2. Scott Davies

Scott Davies Forum Resident

I'm probably at least going for the first vinyl box. I was considering number 4 as well but this appears to be another situation of an artist making personal omissions. I adore The Empty Bullring. And it would have been nice to see Dreamtime or even the proper extended but shelved version of The Dreaming, or any other previously unreleased treats. And like most, I'll be waiting to see if the dynamics are intact.

tin ears likes this.
  3. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Ordinarily I'd be all over these like a rash, and they do look fantastic. But the original CDs sound excellent and the This Woman's Work box is more complete for the early bonus track material, so I'm struggling to raise the enthusiasm.

Hermes, sound chaser and blackholesun like this.
  4. Shiver

Shiver Forum Resident

Exactly. And returnable.

5. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

I have preordered, but with reservations similar to yours. The current Amazon UK price for the first box seems too reasonable to miss though TBH.

electronicpaperboy likes this.
  6. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Yeah, I was tempted to order that first box due to the price, but then thought "But it's still £60 I don't need to spend because I'm happy with what I have". For now, I'm holding fire.

ConnieGuitar and Oyster Boy like this.
  7. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Dammit, this one I may have to buy (at least the first two).

8. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Well, at least on the CD front they put the good stuff in the first box, and the rubbish in the second.

I have the singles anyway.

That said, I'm not in unless I read reports they're vastly improved over the originals (which seems doubtful). Kate has gotten into the habit of making changes to her classic works - for example, isn't Cloudbusting a different mix these days - ie. not the original album mix?

What I could not resist is a set that included demo's. There are enough to fill a couple CD's, and would be something truly new. As it stands, other than Vinyl fans who don't have these works, I'm not seeing anything compelling. If anything it would be the first box for me - but without all the singles stuff that's redundant.

Meh.

9. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

You don't have to buy anything. I have picked up most of her 70s and 80s vinyl for low prices over the years. There's lots out there.

mr.dave, Gaslight and johnnybrum like this.
  10. Cookary02

Cookary02 Forum Resident

I know what I'm getting for Christmas :goodie:

11. Raf

Raf Senior Member

What is "Humming"?

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  12. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

Well, I can't be the only one that wishes the split between CD box 1 and CD box 2 had been done chronologically, at least with the rarities discs. If the rarities had been split evenly across each box (to fit in with the years/albums covered), they could have put The Red Shoes on the 2nd box, allowing those of us that already have This Woman's Work to just have to buy CD box 2.

Vaughan likes this.
  13. Chriss Ons

Chriss Ons Forum Resident

This is fantastic news.

14. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

You're 100% correct. They should have split the bonus stuff chronologically. It's crazy as it is - I have zero interest in her "comeback" albums, which were all poor, imo. So the second box is just..... well......

15. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

Great!

Just great!

I think we have very little to fear from these remasters. No-one is going to bully Kate into giving these albums a more 'modern' mastering.

bob60, mishima's dog and Shiver like this.
  16. Adam Pajda

Adam Pajda Forum Resident

Just pre-ordered a standalone version of AERIAL. Gotta have this on vinyl.

scotti likes this.
  17. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

I'm interested to know - how will they be an improvement over the originals then?

18. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

Never going to pull the pre-order trigger on any of this vinyl unless they at least cover off who is actually cutting these. Where they are being pressed is also a bonus

What "label" is this on?

19. ryno

ryno Forum Resident

I wonder if Kate now has the rights to her first three albums as they're coming out under the Fish People banner? I wouldn't be surprised now if we got a new best of compilation coming out sometime early next year.

20. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I don't have any of her albums yet, but I saw many members here enjoying and recommending them. So... I might check out her CD sets next year then.

Runicen likes this.
  21. Squiggsy68

Squiggsy68 Forum Resident

HMV in the UK have some Bundle deals on the website

4 x Vinyl Sets for £324
    2 x CD Boxes for £140
    Buy individual LPs and save 10%

Search Results

robtodd, Shiver and tin ears like this.
  22. conjotter

conjotter Forum Resident

Looking forward to buying Aerial on LP. It is a magnificent album.

The current LP has been out print for years and sells for way too much money despite being a lousy pressing.

Hope Kate and her gang ensure these new releases are mixed and produced well.

If they aren’t her fans are going to be awfully disappointed.

OobuJoobu, andrewskyDE and tin ears like this.
  23. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

Ah - had to preorder standalone vinyl copies of The Dreaming, The Sensual World, The Red Shoes and Aerial .

Can't complain about these price-wise but on the top of everything else I have on pre-order, it has been a killer autumn/winter buying season!

24. Champagne Boot

Champagne Boot Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride

I’d be in for boxes 3 and 4, but thinking I’ll probably just pick up the individual holes in my collection and get 4 alone. The costs on these things are going to be a bear in America, I’ll bet.

mr.dave likes this.
  25. mcd4959

mcd4959 Head in the Clouds

Giddy Giddy Giddy OHBOYOHBOYOHBOY am I excited!!! This is an absolute treasure trove. Can't wait - pristine new Kate boxes, great for us fans...Love showing off my Kate collection and these will be wonderful additions.

Best morning news I've gotten in a long time...

andrewskyDE and Adam Pajda like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.