Kate Bush Remasters 2018.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dunkrag, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epp56

epp56 Forum Resident

the autumn just got even more exciting (and expensive !)

2. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

Amazon.co.uk shipping is always *very* reasonable to the U.S. - my 4 LP (plus a paperback) order has a modest £10.90 shipping - a little over $14.

3. fRa

fRa Conny Olivetti - Sound Alchemist

Do you mean remastered? As these are not remixes, from what I can understand

ParanoidAndroid likes this.
  4. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

Not saying these will definitely be an improvement. But we can be confident that these won't be super compressed as all too many remastered releases are.

Also, whilst old vinyl pressings of her albums aren't exactly rare, copies in very good condition apparently can be hard to find.

Plan9 and blackholesun like this.
  5. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

The fact to find Kate on vinyl w/o scratches, ticks, missing inners at a reasonable price is enough to be an improvement for me :agree:

Plan9 likes this.
  6. Purplefowler

Purplefowler Forum Resident

Red shoes, aerial and 50 words preordered at my local. I’m beyond happy about this! I nearly caved on a copy of 50 words for £65 a couple of days ago but something told me to hold off and boy am I glad I did now. Anyway my kids don’t need Christmas presents :D

mr.dave and ConnieGuitar like this.
  7. bleachershane

bleachershane Forum Resident

Well, this was surprising news (I just noticed an email from HMV about this). Hmm, only interested in the first CD box set, and only if there's a marked improvement on the original CDs (especially 'The Dreaming', which is my favourite). 'Lionheart' is also slightly muffled to my ears on the original CD release, and I'm sure there's room for a little more sparkle and top-end on 'The Kick Inside' and 'Never For Ever' (but that's just to my ears).

But I can't justify the cost at the moment so I'll have to wait in the wings for now!

sound chaser likes this.
  8. Champagne Boot

Champagne Boot Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride

Over here, I could find you tons of copies of the first three records, but once you get to The Dreaming and move forward, aside from maybe The Whole Story, everything seems to fetch a heftier premium over the past couple years.

zombiemodernist likes this.
  9. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Oh, I can understand why Vinyl lovers are hyped - but since I'm CD......

bleachershane likes this.
  10. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

I'm down for the CD sets; Wonder what they will cost?

11. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Finally an intelligent remaster programme where nobody is forced to buy stuff they don't want. So I will only need to get the box with b-sides and be done with it, ace!!!! :goodie:

(2nd glance: I'm not disappointed that several remixes seem to be awol but.. where is "Not This Time"? And... what else is missing that I didn't notice immediately????)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  12. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

70 pounds for volume I and 100 pounds for volume II, at the moment.

I'm absolutely confounded as to the lack of a DVD with the Hammersmith Odeon show and the promo videos. If not here, if not now, then when?

Phaneronic and Jim Pattison like this.
  13. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Separate release? The videos are a must!

Phaneronic and Jim Pattison like this.
  14. I just sold my original NM copy of Aerial, so I'll replace it with this new remaster. And I'll pick up The Red Shoes and The Sensual World, which I lost years ago in a flood. If you're wondering why I sold Aerial, I just wasn't playing it.

Phaneronic and imarcq like this.
  15. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

So, now we'll wonder why you're replacing it? :D

Phaneronic, Yost, OobuJoobu and 4 others like this.
  16. Just so I have a complete set...only reason.

Phaneronic and Pinknik like this.
  17. Shiver

Shiver Forum Resident

Some vinyl ordered. Fingers crossed for quality.

Can't see the CDs being available individually yet... Hope they will eventually.

18. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

If the original Aeriel still sells for major wonga after the remaster I'd be tempted to sell mine. It's not the best pressed album but up til now the only album. I could use the cash to get a couple of the box sets!

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  19. mishima's dog

mishima's dog Forum Resident

Would have preferred a picture of Kate on the cover of the boxes but that doesn't seem to be her way of doing things since the Sensual World.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  20. Tom M

Tom M Forum Resident

You'll note that the second CD box contains "Before the Dawn".

21. phish

phish Jack Your Body

I noticed the Amazon UK prices went down at checkout. Nice!

22. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

What I find admirable is that these sets seem to contain absolutely zero box bait. (Well, I guess you could make a case for 'Aerial' on vinyl fitting that criteria but... :evil:)

If these had been planned by Bowie's people there's absolutely no way that the rarities would have gotten their own separate box. :evil:

Phaneronic, johnnybrum and imarcq like this.
  23. It's covering the cost of the new remasters of The Beatles WA 4LP/3CD and the MoFi 1-Step of Marvin Gaye - WGO. Two albums that are in constant rotation.

imarcq likes this.
  24. Squiggsy68

Squiggsy68 Forum Resident

Aerial is available separately.

25. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

The only reason I need/want the second box is the rarities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.