Kate Bush - "Revisiting The Whole Story" CD/DVD Set Out November 2012!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jsayers, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otherdimension

otherdimension Senior Member

Could be.... she's seems to be on a roll at the moment with Directors Cut and Snow.....

The compilation seem possible, but getting treated to all the videos doesn't.

2. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

I hope they do new Hi-def transfers of the videos.

3. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Interesting and awesome!

4. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

Same here. Most of them were shot in England so would be PAL format, 576i. If the DVD turns out to be down-sampled to NTSC 480i, it will be a major lost opportunity.

Keep them in their maximum resolution, please.

5. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

Blink them in Army Dreamers.

6. jupiter8

jupiter8 Forum Resident

me too! I am pleased to see her so active at this point in her career- I just hope she doesn't pull any George Lucas tricks with her old videos since she seems to be a bit of a revisionist these days...

7. jpmosu

jpmosu a.k.a. Mr. Jones

If true, I'm in for the CD/DVD--mainly for the videos. I would love to have a complete video collection!

8. bilgewater

bilgewater Forum Resident

Hey, a little techno tweaking (in pursuit of her "original vision") wouldn't necessarily be so bad. I'm impressed with the DIRECTOR'S CUT music (warmer, fatter), though the picture book of bird-people doesn't strike me as equal to the music. Your mileage may vary, of course.

After all, it's not like she'd be colorizing PSYCHO or editing herself into a duet with Louis Armstrong. Only a shrek like Kenny G would do that.

9. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

Bring it on!

10. ryno

ryno Forum Resident

11. Marshall

Marshall Forum Resident

12. Marshall

Marshall Forum Resident

In the U.K., there was also "The Hair of the Hound" which consisted of four videos from the "Hounds of Love" album. Of course, the four videos would be released on "The Whole Story" VHS.

I think a couple of Kate's Top of the Pops lip sync performances could be included on a video compilation, too, as bonuses. And as mentioned here, Kate's December 1978 SNL performance with Paul Shaffer could be added, also. The episode (with the Kate segments intact) can be found on the SNL Complete Fourth Season DVD box set.

My fave Kate video is "Cloudbusting" starring KB and Donald Sutherland as her father.

Marshall

My article on the Top Ten Songs about London:
    http://marshfish.hubpages.com/hub/The-top-ten-songs-about-London

13. Marshall

Marshall Forum Resident

The December 1978 SNL episode with Kate's appearance with Paul Shaffer are available on SNL's Complete Fourth Season box set. Amazon.com has it listed for sale at $14.50 (U.S.). Amazon.ca's price is $34.23 (Canadian).The individual episode's also available for download at Amazon.com for $1.99 (U.S.).

It's not a bad DVD box set, with this being Belushi and Aykroyd's last year on SNL. Aykroyd's sketch as Julia Child is as funny as ever. Musical guests, in addition to Kate, include The Rolling Stones (unfortunately with a hoarse Mick Jagger), Devo, The Doobie Brothers, The Blues Brothers (of course), Talking Heads, and more.

Marshall

My article on the top ten songs about London:

http://marshfish.hubpages.com/hub/The-top-ten-songs-about-London

14. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

I guess this did not come out. How is the sound quality on the original CD of The Whole Story?

15. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

I dislike it myself. A most unsatisfying sounding comp

red corner likes this.
  16. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

I have a UK CD of The Whole Story and that is an excellent sounding CD.

17. dead of night

Should I seek one out from Amazon UK?

18. dead of night

I meant to quote this one in my post above.

19. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Yes, seek it out on Amazon UK

20. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

The original Whole Story CD has, as some point, had a "silent" remastering. I borrowed a copy from my local library and checked out the waveform. It was a standard issue mid 1980's wave. I took the plunge and bought the CD just to complete my collection and, lo and behold, the copy I bought (which looked identical to the original) was louder. Not LOUD by any stretch but more like early 90's mastering.

21. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Been there, assembled that.

Gary likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.