Kevin Smith announces CLERKS III officially in the works

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael Rose, Oct 2, 2019.

1. George P

George P Everybody's Lost

Have you ever tried not eating it at all for like a month? I found that any food item I don't have for a month or so results in much less or no cravings. Sure, there is a (sometimes intense) detox period, but I find that motivates me all the more, as I don't want to put stuff (that isn't good for me) into me that has that much power over my body.

I've been off sugar since quitting smoking years ago and will never, ever go back. So much easier to manage my weight, manage my emotions, moods and blood sugar.

2. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

It is not even Sugar to me, but Chocolate, as without that Addiction, I am ok, as rarely eat Cookies, Cake, Ice Cream(once per week), although eat the Frosted Mini Wheat Cereal 1-2 times per week. Mostly eat the Low Glycemic Carbs like Fruits and some Vegetables. I rarely eat Bread, Potatoes, Pasta and White Rice(all the Bad Carbs).

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    George P likes this.
  3. George P

I hear you on Chocolate, I can't even have dark chocolate. I feel that all sugar is a drug, but when it comes to chocolate, it is a POWERFUL drug. Still, that's what keeps me off of it. I hate the ups and downs, the cravings. I'm an all or nothing guy, so it's no sugar, no chocolate.

Low glycemic is where it's at. I rarely do white flour, I do whole wheat pasta, brown rice, but potatoes I love too much. Sweet potato fries, home fries, can't give those up.

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  4. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits and Abbie: Best Dogs Ever

I dunno - I've not roamed the Internet for lots of pics of Thin Kev, but I think he looks fine, all things considered.

I still think he just looks "off" to us because we had decades of Fat Kev and that's stuck in our minds.

Only person I can think of who genuinely looked better fat is Al Sharpton - his svelte form makes his head look ginormous!

GodShifter likes this.
  5. George P

[​IMG]

6. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

Looks like his head has been phoroshopped onto another body.

Nice Marmot, GodShifter and George P like this.
  7. George P

:agree: :laugh:

8. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

He's done tons of 'episodes' of "Hollywood Babylon" & "Fatman On Batman" on YouTube for a few years now.
    So, I guess I'm used to this 'new look'.

starfieldroad likes this.
  9. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Looks like Beavis or Butt-Head with the Oversized Head. Actually, also see some facial resemblance.

[​IMG]

10. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits and Abbie: Best Dogs Ever

You proved my point! :D

It really does, doesn't it? Or at least someone tampered with his actual head ala "Alice in Wonderland":

[​IMG]

11. George P

That's what I was going for, my friend! :wave:

Oatsdad likes this.
  12. GodShifter

GodShifter Negative Creep®

Egads.

13. ShockControl

ShockControl Bon Vivant and Raconteur!

Big Keely Smith fan here! :righton:

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  14. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Forum Resident

Loved Clerks. Clerks 2 was ok.

Hoping 3 is a return.

Plan to see the upcoming reboot.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  15. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Forum Resident

Clerks 2 had some pretty bad moments, however I quickly realized that I could watch someone paint a barn for 2 hours if it had Rosario Dawson involved somehow...

Kevin Smith just might the the walking embodiment of the theory that we all have only one or two good ideas and that’s about it.

Matthew Tate and MekkaGodzilla like this.
  16. vince

In honor of his YouTube Channel getting half-a-million subscribers, Kev put up this old "Hollywood Babble-On" from 2011, live from LAS VEGAS!
    And, YES.... the wife and I were THERE!
    She's the one that yells out, "ZATARAIN'S!" near the end of the show!
    Truly, a history-making show, in as much as;
    It was the first time, after Ralph says, "Liam Neeson's c@&k is SO BIG!",
    we all yelled,
    "HOW BIG IS IT?!?!?"
    It's big a tradition ever since.
    and, I'm proud to be part of a bit of history!

marmalade166 likes this.
  17. Watch his trailer react vids. Dude can gush about superheroes and movies for a long time, and it's all quite entertaining IF you're into what he's into. If you're not he just sounds like a nutjob :D

vince likes this.
  18. vince

His video-reviews for these comic-book movies (and Star Wars re-boots) are sometimes LONGER that the movies themself!!
    Can't wait for his 2-hour review of "Joker"!

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  19. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

His man-child routine was lame years ago, now it's an embarrassment. And has he ever done a review where he doesn't end up crying? I used to like his Comicbook Men TV show but haven't watched it in quite awhile, it bores me.

20. GodShifter

GodShifter Negative Creep®

I thought "Comicbook Men" was absolutely terrible; a total groaner.

21. rhubarb9999

rhubarb9999 Forum Resident

He had a massive heart attack a few years ago and has since lost 50 pounds under doctors orders.

22. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

He should do something else for a living.

GodShifter likes this.
  23. I'm one of those who thinks Smith has been on the decline movie-wise since the original Clerks, but I'll see this just to update on what middle-aged Dante and Randall are up to and see where Smith goes with the story. His lectures and podcasts have generally been better than his movies, though.

audiomixer likes this.
  24. Jack White

Jack White Forum Resident

At this point in his career, what sane businessman or company would invest money in a Kevin Smith theatrical film project? Is this being produced purposely as a tax loss write-off?

audiomixer likes this.
  25. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

:righton: