Killing Eve (BBC America)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by x2zero, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrischerm

chrischerm Forum Resident

AMC owns 49% of the BBC-A in the US.

2. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Yes indeed!

bluemooze and Antmanbee like this.
  3. Antmanbee

Antmanbee Mental Toss Flycoon

Bit of a double-take on hearing her own voice last night, pure Scouse, on the Graham Norton Show. She was great! Daniel Radcliffe sitting alongside her was clearly smitten ....

bluemooze likes this.
  4. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

There was a couple of seconds of this song on the first episode during the autopsy scene.

Episode three was a lot less manic than I'm used to.

5. DaveySR

DaveySR Forum Resident

One other important point: the psychopath and her pursuer also have a "thing" goin' on. :D

6. johnod

johnod Forum Resident

Am I the only one who finds Sandra Oh's character unbelievable?
    I have always liked her in the past, but find her annoying in this.
    She's seems barely competent in daily life , yet she's a big secret agent?

The villain is great, as are the other main actors.

chacha likes this.
  7. chacha

I’m starting to feel the same. Didn’t enjoy her in the first episode of the new season ( all I’ve seen so far). Self conscious and over the top. Hope it gets better.

Cupids_bow likes this.
  8. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

That was part of her character on Grey's Anatomy , too (only watched first 3 seasons) . Sometimes too much, sometimes on the mark, charming.
    But then some of this show is more fantasy like, there's certainly aspects of Comer's character that you couldn't believe in an assassin but she makes it work.

chacha likes this.
  9. chacha

I thought she was more grounded on Grey’s. I first saw her about 17 years ago on stage as a supporting character in a play and was absolutely mesmerized by her. Knocked me out.

head_unit likes this.
  10. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

Uh OH. I’m hooked.

11. chacha

Just finished episode 3. I’m really disappointed how self conscious this once unique show has become.

12. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

13. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

x2zero and fabre like this.
  14. Cupids_bow

Cupids_bow chillin like a villain

Same here, she’s starting to annoy me.

chacha likes this.
  15. Cupids_bow

Cupids_bow chillin like a villain

I first saw her on Arliss, she did a nice job.

johnod and chacha like this.
  16. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I also don't care for the emphasis on the 'funny' when it comes to Jodie Comer. Seems like a cheap trick and a waste of her formidable talents.

chacha likes this.
  17. chacha

Agreed. The show seemed to adopt this campy direction in the last episode of the first season which had me apprehensive about this second season .
    Oh well

18. Antmanbee

Antmanbee Mental Toss Flycoon

The quirky, dark and casually-irreverent humour has been integral to Killing Eve from the start, in virtually all interactions between the various characters. It's one of Phoebe Waller-Bridge's qualities as a writer, and one of the qualities most satisfyingly realised by the cast. I haven't yet seen any of the second series, and though I'm aware that Waller-Bridge didn't write it, I hope it stays close to the characterisations and the plain comedic daftness of the first.

Mylene and jlocke08 like this.
  19. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

The comedic flashes are key to maintaining the 'balance' to her darkness. Last season it was brilliant, this season not so much.

GMfan87', johnod and chacha like this.
  20. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

I wasn't so into last nights episode , had its moments but overall meh.
    Too gimmicky to me with the pig mask and I didn't like her outburst in the museum. Whatever Villanelle was she wasn't an annoying brat , now little too much of that . Something nice- she looked amazing last night , loved her long silk emerald green coat in particular . What was the scene about with Eve looking in mirror for so long ?
    Is that really the Ghost ? Must be more to it, was very anticlimactic.

chacha likes this.
  21. ando here

ando here Forum Resident

Colleague was raving about it the other day. Don't have cable but both seasons are streaming here so I'll give it a go. Thanks.

22. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

last night best episode of season 2.

23. Pastafarian

Pastafarian Forum Resident

Last year I was telling everybody Killing Eve was the best show of the year, hence too breathless to wait for the UK transmission and I feel I've got the moral high ground as I've already paid to see it.

However what's gone wrong, a new writer it seems, for me the supporting characters were integral to it's bizarre mix of comedy and taught thriller.

But now we have two new members to the team who are grey to the point that they seem irrelevant and Carolyn Martens as the session leader acerbic manners fading in to the background whilst her son Kenny seems to have lost most of his 'eccentric' elements.

Sandra Ho got great praise in series 1 but surprisingly given her essential role, for me she was the least interesting person in the series. Her over the top craziness in episode 1 made the experience almost unbearable, thank God she calms down.

Villanelle seems to be having some existential psychopathic melt down which isn't helping although she's still the candle in this mess, loved those pajamas which were perfect for her child like killer persona.

If this had been series 1 my thoughts may have been very different but after the perfection of series 1 this feels like a major let down.

GMfan87' and chacha like this.
  24. fabre

fabre Forum Resident

Freudian slip?

25. Pastafarian

Pastafarian Forum Resident

Hey Ho is closer to the truth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.