Killing Eve (BBC America)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by x2zero, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

I heard an interview with Comer and she said how it's a show not to be so looked in to, but fun. So maybe we are being to harsh on it ? I'm not totally let down but i do see cracks in the show.

2. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

There are definitely cracks in the show. (If I look hard enough at any show I can see the crevices. . . ) But it's fun. I particularly like the evolution of the Paleski marriage as Eve ignores it for the most part. And Villanelle's perverse stubbornness to remain the flashy assassin.

3. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

I don't mind Nico, but the scenes are repetitive, same fight, nothing changes.

4. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I’ve never believed them as a couple. There doesn’t seem to be organic chemistry between them. Could be the writing plays a huge part in that.

5. chacha

Yeah, I thought Jodie looked gorgeous last night. She’s a unique beauty.

GMfan87' likes this.
  6. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Tonight's episode was very good , return to season 1 . The chemistry between these two women is so great .
    Bit surprised Villanelle approached Nico, I don't see her killing him , just trying to drive further wedge between them . She knows her power .

marmalade166 likes this.
  7. chacha

There were a couple of really good scene moments towards the end of the episode. And yes those felt like a return to season 1. But the first 2/3 of the episode was fake and disappointing for me.

8. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

But there's many things that suspend belief in this show. Looking for realism this isn't it, just fun, entertaining when at it's best. Would they really put an assassin they've been wanting to catch as an interrogator, totally by herself, with no means of watching or recording what she's doing ?! No way. Government agencies often use unsavory types but not without supervision of some sort.
    You could see this coming that they'd have to bring in Villanelle as an asset , how else could they keep show going otherwise ..

PhilJol and marmalade166 like this.
  9. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

That episode was a real return to form.

10. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

I always thought that was intentional! Showing that Eve is deep down, someone who is not compatible with someone like Niko, that the safe, and to her more boring life choices is something she is willing to ignore and disappoint for the pursuit of Villanelle and her more dark desires/thoughts

jpelg, GMfan87' and marmalade166 like this.
  11. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Tonight's episode was really good as well . Just when you think eh maybe Villanelle is showing her humanity (although I think deep down she feels similiar to her confession in AA)
    she acts out in an outrageous and heinous way - pushing that woman in front of bus. Totally saw it coming but still flinched like Eve when it happened.
    Loved that striped outfit V was wearing and her scene with the accents . Also loved how Eve was acting out in the teacher's room like V did in her house.
    Thought Sandra Oh was so good in that scene , way she put them both in their place .
    V has got to kill the obnoxious Peele , obviously that meat scene was her idea , ugh ! If she starts killing again though how can they continue to work with her?!

12. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Oh and forgot to add Carolyn and her hookah and the eggs comment :)
    One of her quirky moments

13. PhilJol

PhilJol Forum Resident

I hate this latest episode and am thinking about not watching any more, totally unbelievable.

14. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

What did you hate about it ?
    I didn't like how the ending felt chopped.
    There are two episodes left unless this season goes longer which I haven't heard, any predictions ?

15. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

The show seems to have lost its 'mojo'. They'd have to really pull a rabbit out of the hat to get me to watch next season. It's a shame, the 1st season was brilliant!

Solaris, Daryl M and jpelg like this.
  16. fabre

fabre Forum Resident

marmalade166 and GMfan87' like this.
  17. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Good episode. Maybe Eve & Villanelle are going to discover they are more a match as friends than anything else. They certainly have chemistry, like and admire each other in different ways. Looking forward to the finale..

fabre likes this.
  18. fabre

fabre Forum Resident

Looking forward to the finale as well. There will be a third season so maybe (probably) we are left with a cliffhanger again.
    I still enjoy this season very much. I must admit that I laughed at first when I saw what happened to Niko's teacher friend Gemma. Similar to the scene with the toilet brush, the difference being he deserved it.

19. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Gemma was being annoying but didn't deserve to be killed. Do you think they are throwing in a kill an episode so to speak lest we forget how dangerous V can be?
    In order for her to stay around and keep working with them she has to be redeemed somehow you'd think .

20. fabre

fabre Forum Resident

Yes, that's what I think as well. Apart from that I also agree with what you wrote earlier that it is a fun and entertaining show that isn't meant to be taken so seriously. Just look at the random killings. Whenever you might start to relate to Villanelle a little bit, like the AA meeting, she does something later showing that she's a totally unpredictable psychopath. She kind of has her own style (like her facial expressions) making these brutal acts shocking but also, well, funny in a way.

21. Pastafarian

Pastafarian Forum Resident

You can tell my love had waned, I only got round to watching episode 5 last night, after telling my friends how disappointing season 2 was.

But wonder we're back on track and what a joy, 5, 6 and 7 last night,Villanelle's got her mojo back and Caroline's returned to her old self. Two deaths one to laugh out loud and one that chills plus Eve's talk with the psychiatrist, which had the dread feel of Hannibal, that's the brilliance of this programme, what genre is it.

It's a shame we had to wait until episode 5, too late for this series to equal series 1 but I'm happy now,

22. GMfan87'

GMfan87' Forum Resident

Well we will have to talk about the finale :)

Pastafarian likes this.
  23. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

This show is not fun anymore. Seems more like treading water & going nowhere interesting. *shrug*

24. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I see that kill a little differently since she let Nikko (sp?) live. In her mind she may have been protecting Eve from someone that wanted to take her husband away...so in her twisted child like logic the threat of Nikko getting together with Gemma is eliminated (pun intended) and Eve would be happy about it.

marmalade166 and fabre like this.
  25. fabre

fabre Forum Resident

That seems very likely!
    I like the explanation. That would make V the saviour of Eve's and Nikko's relationship. That is more than enough for her to justify the kill. Like you say, she probably thinks she's doing her a big favour.
    Also, she might have even thought to be considerate of Nikko when asking him first if he loved Gemma. His answer being "no" and also saying that he still loved Eve might also count like an okay for Villanelle to go ahead and kill Gemma. All is well and easy in Villanelle's world!

noname74 and marmalade166 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.