King Crimson 2019 Celebration Tour (50 years)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jimbino, Nov 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

It could be the other way round. But I don’t think it’s likely either way. :)

Frankh likes this.
  2. kenticus

kenticus Forum Resident

That would be fun! Come to Chicago and do a “world tour” of Chicago, jumping around to different venues!

Imagine if they really are doing multi night residencies that it’ll be single venue per city - that means only loading in and loading out once for example for a 3 night stand, whereas changing venues every day would be a bunch more labor. We certainly shall see - crazy how 2019 will be the current band’s 6th year on the road, together longer than any other KC lineup.

Is this the year bill moves back to drums to make it the double quartet?!?!?!

EddieMann likes this.
  3. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

Difficult to anticipate the end of Crimson's road. Sure, they could break up tomorrow but this has been a very stable lineup and there's been absolutely no sign that they've been treating it as a last hurrah.

pexie likes this.
  4. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

I know, right? Those two crazy kids.

5. akmonday

akmonday Forum Resident

I'll absolutely go to the next US shows (which hopefully will hit the SF Bay Area again) and this time I'll make sure to go to all of them, rather than just one.

TFEC and Jimbino like this.
  6. Marty T

Marty T Stereo Fan

Yes, I am well aware that Viennese citizens get a good dose of English in their education and certainly have a much better command of it than most Americans do of the German language. But alright, if by "non-English speaking parts" you are referring strictly to areas completely or largely void of the language and that such areas experience more females in their King Crimson audience - I would be interested in any specifics that lead you to that conclusion.

7. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Diary entries from the band members, specifically this year from Poland, Italy, Hungary, etc. Go through the Uncertain Times section of Tony Levin's road diary website, if you would like to continue doing your own head count

8. sacsongs

sacsongs Senior Member

This!

Frankh likes this.
  9. kenticus

kenticus Forum Resident

Already up to 300k views, not bad! Still confused on why they used a different guitar solo for

10. supersquonk

supersquonk Forum Resident

Not having Belew on board really takes away some of the humor, lightness, and energy. And I'm not a fan of the fellow who currently does the singing. Kind of a cheeseball singing style, like a lounge singer or something. (Listening to Starless from Orpheum right now, actually.)

They are great shows musically, though. Would never miss them when they come into town. The multiple drummers at the front of the stage never gets old.

GregK likes this.
  11. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Each to his own but i really like Jakkos vocals.

12. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

His job is ok. Of course, he's not Lake, Wetton or Belew, but he doesn't try to do an impression of them either, and that's good.

GregK, gja586, lordfalconer and 2 others like this.
  13. kenticus

kenticus Forum Resident

Listen to easy money off meltdown - he gets some pretty solidly awesome wails in there. Cut the guy some slack - he has to cover multiple singing styles as the songs cover multiple vocalists, id say he does a pretty stellar job. Plus, he’s no slouch on guitar, does a great job playing tandem with Fripp and does admirably taking leads every now and then.

14. Olias of Sunhill

Olias of Sunhill Forum Resident

As do I. I think he does a tremendous job with the material from the first four records and the Belew era, though I don't think he quite has the sandpaper in his voice to do justice to Wetton's parts.

15. manco

manco Forum Resident

I honestly don't like Jakko's vocals on Belew songs.

GregK and albertop like this.
  16. kenticus

kenticus Forum Resident

Hahahaha to get that rasp he’d prolly have to eat a pack of cigarettes and a bottle of whiskey. I have no clue if John Wetton did those things, but unless you are born with some rasp, those are the ways to do it!

17. Jimbino

Jimbino Goad Kicker, Music Lover Thread Starter

mdekoning and MungoMusic like this.
  18. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Decided to go back and watch the 21st Century Schizoid Band - Live in Japan DVD. Jakko obviously had much more freedom being the only guitarist. He's capable of much more than is demonstrated in the 8-man KC lineup.

hoggydoggy, Frankh and albertop like this.
  19. Jimbino

Jimbino Goad Kicker, Music Lover Thread Starter

albertop and heepsterandrey like this.
  20. kenticus

kenticus Forum Resident

And if you go to the Facebook page for cosmic f*kc and go to the about me section, it shows release date as June 2019....we’ll see if that happens! Looks like the intent is to have it out celebrating the 50tj anniversary and would make sense to have it out by the time they are touring in June of next year...

Jimbino likes this.
  21. I miss Adrian. I know this line up is great but I still miss him. I wish that Greg Lake were also still around for a show or two.

moops likes this.
  22. I miss Adrian. I know this line up is great but I still miss him. I wish that Greg Lake were also still around for a show or two.

moops likes this.
  23. I miss Adrian. I know this line up is great but I still miss him. I wish that Greg Lake were also still around for a show or two.

moops likes this.
  24. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Repeat yourself when under stress?

25. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

That is awesome..she is a trooper !!!

allbrosca likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.