King Crimson - Happy 50th Anniversary !!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by opiumden, Jan 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Frankly, I'm struggling to get an answer out of DGM on how they intend to resolve the issue of the glitches on the two CDs. Has anyone else contacted them about this and received a reply?

I think my head might explode if we get something similar on the ITCOTCK box. Oh, it already has..... Boom!

2. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

3. Jimbino

Jimbino Goad Kicker, Music Lover

4. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

It could've been approached differently. Vocals blast from the center, out of balance with the instruments through the other channels. Plus, it's going to Blu Ray.

5. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

Where are you from mate!

:wave:

I'm from Viña.

Saludos!

6. hallucalation

hallucalation Forum Resident

I never ever heard that Syd was there and i know that story. What's your source for that?

Billy Infinity likes this.
  7. WalterDigsTunes

WalterDigsTunes Forum Resident

Currently living in Southern California. Got a ticket for Los Angeles already. Thinking about Mexico. Might be fun to watch KC in Chile since I've already seen Stick Men in Santiago twice!

8. Felix Atagong

Felix Atagong Forum Resident

My source for it is: Twink (whom I once interviewed).

Also: Give the Anarchist a Cigarette by Mick Farren
    See also:Interviews: Twink (The Pink Fairies, The Pretty Things, Tomorrow)
    And the liner notes of Think Pink (2013 edition), written by Richard Morton Jack.

[​IMG]

tedhead, Kalli and hallucalation like this.
  9. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

What's a Twink?

Felix Atagong likes this.
  10. seasonsinthesky

seasonsinthesky orphan coal, sleep, etc.

It already kinda did – the "flat transfer" stereo and 5.1 mixes are on the Sailors' Tales bluray, which return the elements that had been muted in the 2009 remix. The EQ and spatial placement remains the same as the 2009 mix otherwise.

It was included in the original KC50 announcement, but only the new 5.1 mix. I think a lot of people glossed over quite a few little details in it. Best read it a few times :laugh:

11. Jimbino

Jimbino Goad Kicker, Music Lover

Right, no Steven Wilson.

seasonsinthesky likes this.
  12. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Crimson will be playing Chile on October 12th. Congratulations!

WalterDigsTunes and ponkine like this.
  13. steve_miller

steve_miller Forum Resident

Joining in the celebration I finally got In The Wake Of Poseidon.
    49 years later, I am hearing it for the 1st time.
    After I discovered the first LP many years ago, I wanted to hear more.
    I could never find this LP, as I believe it was out of print.
    I recall finding Red as a cut out, which left me wanting still more.
    Don't recall if I heard any of the other LPs in the middle.
    I'll have to dig, but I think most were out of print or hard to find back in those days.

14. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

Does Anyone have the DGM Live download for 1972.11.14 Watford?

This show is not included on the Lark's box, and when I look at the reviews listed on the site, there are comments indicating that the 1972.11.14 Watford recording is really just a different source/mix of 1972.11.13 Guildford. Hoping to do some investigating to confirm or debunk this before pulling the trigger on the purchase.

I pulled the following from the DGMLive site:
    "Owners of CLUB 24 (or the Larks Tongues Complete Recordings boxset) will likely recognize the first half of this show as it is the same date previously released as Guildford 11.13.73. That version was a (rather hairy-sounding) soundboard, but this version is nearly twice as long and sounds pretty good for the vintage. Most excitingly these versions of Easy Money, Talking Drum and Larks II have never been released, nor has the second improv (though the prior releases did have a minute-long excerpt tacked on the end)."

15. Kalli

Kalli Forum Resident

I have both and can confirm that Guilford is the first half of Watford with different sound quality. I find Guildford is better which is in contrast to what someone stated at the DGM page. - Didn't know btw.

asdf35 and KDubATX like this.
  16. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

Great thank you that is what I was hoping to confirm.

17. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

18. Howard Bleach

Howard Bleach Imperial Aerosol Kid

Oh, I am so psyched for this.

19. richard a

richard a Forum Resident

Theo Travis is taking over keyboard and ‘fairy dusting’ duties from Bill Reiflin for the summer tour.
    I hope he also adds extra sax sometimes to complement Mel Collins as he’s such a superb player.

20. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

asdf35 likes this.
  21. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

Just purchased the pre-order for the Newcastle 1972 CD. It is currently $13.96 from Burning Shed after converting the currency. The DGM store pre-order comes out to $20. Release date is April 23.

A penny saved on one KC CD is a penny to be spent on another, so in the end Fripp always wins.

22. Braulio Acosta

Braulio Acosta Forum Resident

This might sound like a dumb question... When you buy 2 seats of the Celebration package you still get two of each item, right?

23. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

If I recall correctly, it was @whiskeyvengeance who first figured that out (apology if incorrect). I wouldn't mind hearing the DGM download, but I've yet to seek it out.

KDubATX likes this.
  24. whiskeyvengeance

whiskeyvengeance Forum Resident

I definitely noticed it early on. I'm a completists for this band, so I don't mind the duplication. Plus, you get the rest of the set. The download was a no-brainer for me. :D

KDubATX and asdf35 like this.
  25. Nycademon

Nycademon Forum Resident

This is from a March 19 tweet, @DGMHQ:

Robert Fripp gives the thumbs up [​IMG] for the new 50th anniversary stereo and 5.1 surround remixes of In The Court of the Crimson King at @stevenwilsonhq's studio - These will be released later this year, more info soon! #kingcrimson #kc50

I'm sure I also read (I think, on the DGM Live website, of course, I can't find the link) Steven Wilson saying something to the effect that he was new to remixing when he remixed ITCOTCK for the 40th anniversary release, and he's looking forward to doing it again since he's learned a lot since then.

For what it's worth . . .

asdf35 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.