KING CRIMSON The ConstruKction of Light DELUXE BOX - some details (Heaven and Earth deluxe) *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Adam Pajda, Jun 14, 2018.

1. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

from the liner notes in the 2018 tour box, it appears that this will be titled the ReconstruKction of Light, which should be no surprise.

Runicen, uzn007 and ermylaw like this.
  2. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

Actually, now that I have this set and can read the booklet directly, it appears that the CD/DVD-A will be called ReconstruKction of Light, and the boxed set will be titled Heaven and Earth. I like it!

JediJoker and jacethecrowl like this.
  3. jacethecrowl

jacethecrowl Forum Resident

Any clues about the scope of the set? That is, does it look like it will include The Power To Believe?

whiskeyvengeance likes this.
  4. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

nothing in the liner notes either way, unfortunately. I'm assuming that it will cover the latter album, based on the post on DGM asking for recollections from people who attended concerts from the ProjeKcts through 2003.

jacethecrowl likes this.
  5. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Hopefully they will release the studio albums on individual CD/DVD hires combo.

Eddy Baggins and JediJoker like this.
  6. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

I'm sure there will be a CD/DVD set. That has been the case with all releases in the 40th Anniversary series. Am I correct in saying that only ConstruKction of Light and Power To Believe are left in the series?

JediJoker likes this.
  7. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Unless they want to release the other Projekts albums individually then you are correct.

Eddy Baggins and JediJoker like this.
  8. Crungy

Crungy Forum Resident

I saw P1, P2 and a show from each KC tour during this period. I sent and email to Sid Smith with photos of all my ticket stubs, as well as show reviews. Never got a confirmation from Sid that he got my email. Anyone else correspond with Sid regarding this box set?

9. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

I today received Elements 2018, which does not seem to have been well advertised either here or elsewhere. Three tracks from Heaven & Earth appear on it: “Larks' Tongues In Aspic Part 4” (with guitars highlighted); a guitar extract from “The Deception Of The Thrush” and “The Deception Of The Thrush” (Projeckt 4 live in San Francisco Nov. 2 1998). Haven't given them a listen yet.

aphexj likes this.
  10. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

The guitar extract from “The Deception Of The Thrush” is excellent!

rtalwani likes this.
  11. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

seasonsinthesky and albertop like this.
  12. cacaaaaaaw

cacaaaaaaw Forum Resident

I listened to Heavy ConstruKction for the first time today and it's awesome, the improv disc especially so. Where should I go from here? I have not heard any ProjeKcts or any other live material from this era. I feel like I may have just opened a largecan of worms.

13. Jimbino

Jimbino Goad Kicker, Music Lover

14. Cheevyjames

Cheevyjames Forum Resident

agn and Jimbino like this.
  15. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

It’s more than awesome. One of the best (newly released) KC-related things I’ve heard in awhile. I must have played it 5 times in a row.

seasonsinthesky likes this.
  16. cacaaaaaaw

cacaaaaaaw Forum Resident

Jimbino likes this.
  17. Robin Redbreast

Robin Redbreast Well-Known Member

For the sake of continuity:

18. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

I didn't realize there was that much material in circulation - particularly for ProjeKct Two.

Are any of the full shows regarded as "essential listening" or is one well served by just having the four disc highlights set that is already out in the wild?

19. Jimbino

albertop and Runicen like this.
  20. Robin Redbreast

I’m discovering something new about post-Thrak Crimson every day at the moment. Despite being a fan for nearly 20 years I knew very little about this period of the band. I’ve found bits of ProjeKcts stuff on YouTube here and there and love it all. I’m soooo excited about this next box set. Crimson improv (Starless, Thrakattack...) is some of my favourite stuff by them. What is the third disc of Heavy ConstruKction like? I’d love to hear it. Thus far I’ve only seen/heard the ‘Bonn’ improv on YouTube. Love it! Is disc three pretty wild? I’m hoping for some extreme and nasty sounds from the ProjeKcts. :shh:

21. Robin Redbreast

25:15 in here for ‘Bonn’.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  22. Jimbino

Extreme and nasty? It happens in places, mostly with P4, IMO.
    The third HC disc is similar to the Bonn improv, yes, but the pieces are mostly edits by Pat Mastelotto, IIRC.
    For the TCOL band in full flight, be sure to purchase the Eyes Wide Open double DVD (Live in Japan April 16, 2003 and Live at the Shepherds Bush Empire - London, July 3, 2000. The first DVD includes about 90 minutes of improvs from various shows across Europe; many variations on the same theme, but it's the thrill of Crimso in full flight.

Robin Redbreast likes this.
  23. Robin Redbreast

The Wenton Knave would seem to agree with you:

24. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Jimbino likes this.
  25. Jimbino

No worries. I was at that P4 show, and it was amazing. Highest marks.

Runicen and uzn007 like this.