KING CRIMSON The ConstruKction of Light DELUXE BOX - some details (Heaven and Earth deluxe) *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Adam Pajda, Jun 14, 2018.

1. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

Yah, I caught both those SF P4 shows, each beastly in its own way. I forget which night was which, but one was driven by Mastelotto, and the other by Fripp.

Saw P2 here as well. Different vibe, but no less Crimsonly than any other.

All are crucial.

Jimbino and uzn007 like this.
  2. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

I am not much for the projeKcts i have to admit. If the box is mostly projects i’ll have to pass.

3. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

Pity the Projekcts box went OOP, as it was easy to pick up a set cheaply. Projekct 1 "Live At The Jazz Café" was remastered from the first Japanese release on Pony Canyon and the remaster sounds far better.

albertop likes this.
  4. TFEC

TFEC Opinion Holder

P1 and P4 are some of my fave KCrim music. Both groups' entire output bears repeated listening. P1 only played 4 shows, and P4 only played 7 or 8, so I would heartily recommend all of 'em!

P3 is a little bit less interesting than P4, but not by much. Again, only 6-8 shows, so ...

P2 is the least interesting to me, probably because the material and performances are kinda samey, and Ade is no drummer (sorry, not sorry). So just pick a few, I'd say.

Runicen and John Buchanan like this.
  5. This set?

[​IMG]

6. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

Yes.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  7. cacaaaaaaw

cacaaaaaaw Forum Resident

Yes, post Thrak KC has been about all I’ve listened to the last few weeks. Lots of great stuff to unearth. Go with what @Jimbino has been recommending and you can’t go wrong. If you like that Bonn piece definitely check out the Munchen and Offenbach improvs from HC as well. The P4 show from San Fran he linked is great and I’ll be checking out the P3 soon. I’m intrigued by the all improv section from the Eyes DVD. Does anyone know if there is an audio only option for these? Hopefully we find out what this box contains soon or I might be buying it all separately before it’s released!

Robin Redbreast likes this.
  8. Jimbino

Jimbino Goad Kicker, Music Lover

I believe all source recordings are available via DGM here: DGM Live . AFAIK, there is no audio-only download of the improvs only; you would have to extract the audio from the DVD itself. Since I own the DVD, someone was kind enough to do that for me, resulting in 12 tracks at 1 and 3/4 hours of Crim.

seasonsinthesky likes this.
  9. seasonsinthesky

seasonsinthesky orphan coal, sleep, etc.

I'm hoping they recreate it for the boxset on a Blu-ray. Surely the basic scripting used to make the DVD randomly choose those improvs would be possible and run much smoother.

Jimbino likes this.
  10. MichaelCPE

MichaelCPE Forum Resident

The Eyes Wide Open DVD is only has as dolby digital @224k stereo audio, ie basically mp3 quality.

My big hope for the boxset is that we get the audio at the quality it was recorded at, which will be either CD quality or better.

The really good thing about this DVD is that you can see who is playing what, so I still enjoy the DVD even though the audio quality isn't up to scratch.

And on another topic, I'm puzzled by those wanting to buy stuff that is coming in the box. Does this mean that these people are not interested in buying the box? Or is it that they have money to burn and don't mind buying the same stuff twice?

11. Robin Redbreast

Robin Redbreast Well-Known Member

I, for one, have never owned anything post-Thrak. The box sets have been great for me as a means of mopping up all the extras I never owned. I think I’m looking forward to this next box the most because I hardly know any of the material...

cacaaaaaaw and JediJoker like this.
  12. opiumden

opiumden Forum Resident

I'm sure we will get Eyes Wide Open on blu-ray in hi-res quality.

Regarding your second question, we crimheads have no patience!

cacaaaaaaw likes this.
  13. Adam Pajda

Adam Pajda Forum Resident Thread Starter

This set is gonna kick some mighty asses.

seasonsinthesky likes this.
  14. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

You're in for a tasty treat.

15. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

You know, I'm starting to have second thoughts. A trackslist could convince me, perhaps.

Runicen and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  16. Robin Redbreast

I’m not on commission, btw.;)

17. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

The real fans don't call themselves "Crimheads." They also have nothing but patience:
    1984 - 1995
    1996 - 2000
    2000 - 2008
    2008 - 2015

18. Ya don’t say?

[​IMG]

Say It Right likes this.
  19. Say It Right

Listening to "Larks Tongues Pt. 1" on Blu Ray audio in 7.1.

20. His reply is good natured and funny too but you and I both know that wasn’t a troll he was replying to. :tiphat:

21. Say It Right

To think, there are those who don't appreciate my wit and wisdom. :eek:

22. tcj

tcj Senior Member

Has there been any talk about this set? Usually right around now, early-mid September, is when we get some solid info on that year's box. Meltdown In Mexico can't be all we're getting this year, can it (and, IMO, how disappointing if so. But I'm not a fan of this new era of KC.)

23. opiumden

opiumden Forum Resident

The box is delayed until early next year, guess that's why we're not getting any information yet.

24. Robin Redbreast

Where have you seen that it’s delayed?

25. opiumden

opiumden Forum Resident

Royal package talks. Some of my friends and KC Italy group members confirmed it.

Robin Redbreast and albertop like this.