KING CRIMSON The ConstruKction of Light DELUXE BOX - some details (Heaven and Earth deluxe) *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Adam Pajda, Jun 14, 2018.

1. audiotom

audiotom Senior Member

A couple songs from each show

I simply don’t have that much time to listen to one artist in that much depth
    And Crimson is a heavy rotation band.

The KC boxes I really like I have barely listed to all Larks, Bible Red
    Usually listen to those working overtime at the office.

Lizard was a nice surprise

I don’t really like the studio albums from this era and own all the projects

Anything to tip the scales to a must have?

2. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

Listening to the ProjeKcts 15% faster?

3. alakulju

alakulju Music is the best! - FZ

Now that the dust has settled, my humble question to MichaelCPE:
    I remember that you waited for months for the downloads to start listening at the chronological beginning of the recordings, and at correct speed of course.
    Was is worth the wait? And how do you like the H&E box?

Tim Bucknall, Rne and Jimbino like this.
  4. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Good to see this thread come up again. I recently, as in the last couple weeks, decided to finish up my big box KC releases. I had two to buy, this and Sailor's Tales. I've not even opened them yet, but thanks to this thread I was at the very least an informed buyer. I look forward to digging into them at some point.

5. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

A couple of the main hooks for this set (Bootleg TV BluRay, 2008 show) I really never went too deep with. Gave this set a cursory pass through, but really I was burned out before I stared in on it having picked up a few of the Construction era tour boxes with my Club credits and playing too many in a row. Perspectives changes, but of all the sets this one I felt like I had to buy (for completion purposes) more than I really wanted to buy like the other sets in the series.

Tim Bucknall likes this.
  6. alakulju

Excuse me, but what do you mean by ''Construction era tour boxes''? I thought that the first tour box was the 40th Anniversary. Or did I miss something?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  7. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

The live tour bundles for download on DGM live.

Tim Bucknall likes this.
  8. alakulju

OK, thanks! I was talking about the physical releases.:righton:

9. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

It's been more than a year since I bought the box and now I'm listening to the P4 shows for the first time. Pleasant, demanding, complex and addictive music, I love it.

Tim Bucknall, jsb!, Jimbino and 7 others like this.
  10. richard a

richard a Forum Resident

Rather than start a new thread I thoiught I'd ask this Masque related question here...
    Way back when the 4cd ProjeKcts box was released in 1999 I remember reading something that Pat Mastelotto posted (perhaps on the old Elephant Talk site? Though I can't find it on the ET wiki right now). It was a breakdown of the sources for the Masque tracks and contained timings which indicated that many of of his original mixes were originally longer than what we ended up with. I'm fairly sure I didn't dream this and so I'm wondering if anyone out there also remembers this, or has a copy of his notes that could perhaps be shared?

11. maki881

maki881 Forum Resident

I found this on his website; it gives the original timings and track titles, but not a breakdown of the sources.

12. richard a

richard a Forum Resident

I think that's it! Thanks so much. I didn't think to look at P@'s site.
    The album was originally quite a bit longer wasn't it?

maki881 likes this.
  13. alakulju

The original album is 52'07''.
    The album on the flawed bluray of the box is 48'26''.
    The difference was caused by the infamous speed-gate, which you can read in detail earlier on this thread.
    It is quite a miracle that noboby at DGM got killed by outraged fans, such was the verbal onslaught during most of 2019.:cussing:

14. richard a

richard a Forum Resident

that’s an entirely different issue. What I was referring to was Pat’s original unreleased construKction of the Masque album, which used longer excerpts than we ended up with.

Tim Bucknall and seasonsinthesky like this.
  15. alakulju

Oops, sorry! I didn't know about that unreleased version, my bad!

16. seasonsinthesky

seasonsinthesky orphan coal, sleep, etc.

It was indeed. I asked about it on the DGM forum a while ago, and Mr. Stormy replied, so it was put onto the radar again there... but who knows what'll come of that.

I suspect something might happen sooner if people reach out to Pat and tell him we're interested in hearing it.

~dave~~wave~ likes this.
  17. tcj

tcj Senior Member

I was really hoping we'd get a Masque II in the box, kind of like how the Thrak box had AttaKcaThrak as a companion to ThrakAttaKc. Heck, he's got such a unique approach to handling that material I wouldn't mind seeing him do mixes like that for ALL the ProjeKcts.

18. richard a

richard a Forum Resident

That’s a great idea. Pats mixes are tremendous. His BPM&M album (Xtracts and ArtifaKcts) is a brilliantly weird mash of Crim music, ripped and refashioned into something incredible. If you like Masque then it’s well worth hearing this one.

19. Richard Lister

Richard Lister Active Member

I realise that this is going back abit but I never got my download code for the replacement blu ray tracks from the Heaven and Earth box set. I emailed DGM way back November 2019 but never got a response from them, I tried again some point January last year and again recently but they seem to have ignored. Did anyone else never get a response or know if there is anyone more specific to email and moan at about?

20. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

I experienced the same thing. I mailed them twice last year enclosing a picture of my box set as proof and never got a response.

21. John Kelman

John Kelman Writer/Photographer, AAJ Senior Contributor

Weird, as I managed to get them but the dates on the files on my Mac are in November, 2019. It may be that they set a deadline by which requests had to be submitted...but I don't know and don't recall so don't take that for anything more than supposition.

22. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

Try something different.

I scooped up the Rhythm Buddies disc at the merch stand for the Crimson show at Massey Hall Toronto in 2004.

This is one of the best sounding discs in my possession. Nobody did anything with it. Recorded the right way, initially.

I told this to Trey and P@t face-to-face on separate occasions before they signed it. This is where it all starts...the original recording.

Tim Bucknall likes this.
  23. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

A deadline wouldn't make sense in this case, bit everything's possible. Honestly, I felt a bit pissed off about the way I was ignored.

24. alakulju

I got the code back in 2019, but there was some gremlin in my download process, can't remember the details now.
    But I managed to fix the files by myself. Detailed instructions are somewhere above on this thread, from summer 2019.

25. Richard Lister

Richard Lister Active Member

I mean I only just realised that my Starless box bluray disc 23 was all yellowed up and not work (I have a massive backlog to get through) and was still able to organise a replacement disk for that all these years.

I found the webpage where you can purchase them or input the code, but like hell am I paying £109 for a bunch of files that should be working properly on the disc.

alakulju likes this.