KING CRIMSON The ConstruKction of Light DELUXE BOX - some details (Heaven and Earth deluxe) *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Adam Pajda, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Did you use the address [email protected] ?

Tim Bucknall likes this.
  2. Richard Lister

Richard Lister Active Member

3. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Okay try [email protected] and if you haven't got any response in a few days, PM me.

albertop and Richard Lister like this.
  4. KCLizard

KCLizard Forum Resident

I think, Iona does not work for DGM anymore, you should try to contact Mr. Mundy instead, Just post on the public forum and write to Mr.Mundy [email protected] , I am sure they will fix it for you.

5. Richard Lister

Thanks, I'll try Iona and if no response I will try Alex. I try posting on the forum but my message is still up for moderation.

6. Konrad_P

Konrad_P Active Member

Any chances that this box (and other) gonna be repressed ? I remember some of them were reprinted in the past.

7. John Kelman

John Kelman Writer/Photographer, AAJ Senior Contributor

Fair enough of course. But as to the deadline, whether or not it makes sense, let's remember I did say:

But for some reason, I do recall there being a cutoff date. But I could be wrong....(it's been known to happen ;) )

8. Richard Lister

Finally got my downloads, I think Alex read my forum post and messaged me asking for proof of purchase which I had sent numerous times before.

9. thegreenchild

thegreenchild Forum Resident

I would say the 2001 live stuff (San Diego, New Haven and the Level 5 EP). To me it seems that this is where the double duo really found its feet and conveyed the most power. By 2003 they seemed to have lost some of that power, as if by that time they were mostly looking back rather than moving forward. (At least that’s how it feels to me.)

In any case, the 2001 shows are highly recommended. If you’d like to witness an "inevitable and remorseless forward motion which carries all before it”, there you have it!

By the way, the 2000 gigs are interesting too, but it feels to me they had yet to find what they were looking for. It’s as if they were still completing the research and development phase that began with the Projekcts, and were not entirely sure where to go next.

So if you're looking for a recommendation from this box set, other than the Projekcts, this is mine!

Oh and if I were to suggest only one disc from the box, it would be nr. 13...

~dave~~wave~, Cheevyjames and KDubATX like this.
  10. Do the audio BD discs play through continuously like the sailors tale BD of the USA 72 tour?

Re: replacement files
    Try [email protected]

11. MichaelCPE

MichaelCPE Forum Resident

The ProjeKct Two disc plays continuously so if you start the first rehearsal track it will play all the way to the last P2 concert.

Not sure about the other blu ray discs.

Tim Bucknall likes this.
  12. alakulju

alakulju Music is the best! - FZ

It will take about 47 hours from start to finish, so take something to eat before you press Play.:righton:

13. jacethecrowl

jacethecrowl Forum Resident

Yes, was letting P4 roar the other day and the BD just keeps rolling…

Jimbino, Tim Bucknall and aphexj like this.
  14. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Yes, the Blu-ray discs are designed for 'headless' playback so you don't require menu selection to hear all the music on them. Disc 21 will play the eight ProjeKct One sets, followed by ProjeKct Three in Texas, then ProjeKct Four and ProjeKct Six's complete tours of the West & East coasts respectively, and finally the additional bonus tracks (albeit at the wrong speed) — all with the press of a single button

Disc 23 also plays continuously, but you need to know what buttons on your remote to press to get the 5.1 mixes (red for DTS-MA, green for LPCM), otherwise it will default to stereo for the studio albums and the extended EleKtriK live album

Tim Bucknall and SJP like this.
  15. Thank you
    Will be picking this up as soon as DGM’s dispute with distributor is resolved and more stock is released

to belatedly pick up some points raised in the thread

re: beginners guide to the projects cd
    It’s a fun listen , seemingly made with care and with cool editing by the marvellous mastelloto

jsb! likes this.
  16. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

??? So there are copies that have not been released? What's this dispute about?
    I never bought this boxset because I am not very fond of this phase of King Crimson and on top of that I learned about the infamous speed issue which put me off completely but now I am a bit sad my KC collection is missing a piece and I might reconsider if cheap copies become available.

Tim Bucknall likes this.
  17. alakulju

alakulju Music is the best! - FZ

The infamous speed issue affected about 6 hours of material, IIRC. There's still more than 5 DAYS worth of material at correct speed in that box.
    But if you don't like that material, the choice is easy:sigh:
    And please, let's not re-start the discussion about the speed issue, all the opinions are somewhere earlier on this thread.

aphexj likes this.
  18. Music Geek

How did I restart the discussion on the speed issue? Have you read my post?
    Have you understood it? Have you noticed that I mentioned the speed issue to give some context and my question was about something else?
    What's the purpose of repeating that it's 6 hours or 6 minutes or 6 days?
    Seriously, I am so fed up with this Fripp high priest thing and his cult followers.

19. I don’t know the details of the dispute
    I was chatting to Declan when he was replacing my faulty starless discs
    I mentioned that I just wanted H&E now and he kindly advised me not to overpay on ebay or discogs because eventually the dispute would be resolved and the rest of stock would be released

I assume the dispute is over some point of principle , another front in Fripps eternal war against the corrupt industry ;)

without wishing to reopen the speed issue
    My first experience of project X was the sped up version on the 2 disc set and I still thought it was the most exciting music I’d heard in a very long time
    For my sins, I actually like it more than tcol/tptb

Are any other bands cramming audio goodies onto blu ray like this?

allbrosca, Music Geek and KDubATX like this.
  20. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

I know nothing about this situation, but a very common sticking point with distributors concerns the handling/crediting of product returns, especially for opened items. This set had a defect that conceivably could have resulted in returned open product to the distributor.

Tim Bucknall and Music Geek like this.
  21. Music Geek

It's too late to edit my previous post but I apologise for the aggressive tone in my reply.

Thanks for the answers on the possible availability of a new batch. The high level of returns could indeed be an explanation for the dispute.

Tim Bucknall and alakulju like this.
  22. gojikranz

gojikranz Forum Resident

Wonder if a new batch would have corrected blu rays? I was to perturbed by the issue and didn’t bother with the downloads as I had most downloaded already but I would be interested in getting a corrected disc even if for a nominal fee so I can just have peace of mind that whatever I choose to play from it will be correct.

Tim Bucknall likes this.
  23. Music Geek

I think someone in this thread said that the Blu-ray disc is so crammed that the corrected files would not fit in it so I'd say there is no chance of any change to the boxsets.

Tim Bucknall and gojikranz like this.
  24. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson Forum Resident

Hmm I was wondering why this set was already unavailable, compared to On and Off the Road, which is still available at a good price. I came very close a couple of times to paying a lot of money on eBay and Discogs...Thankfully I didn't.

Tim Bucknall likes this.
  25. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

BluRay two is much longer than BluRay one.