KING CRIMSON The ConstruKction of Light DELUXE BOX - some details (Heaven and Earth deluxe) *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Adam Pajda, Jun 14, 2018.

1. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

Why does this make me think of Thunderbirds? :)

[​IMG]

2. KCLizard

KCLizard Forum Resident

+++++

NumberEight likes this.
  3. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

Time for a hot take:

I think the ProjeKcts along with the 2000-2003 Crimson were just as adept, astonishing, fierce, and gifted as the 1973-1974 quartet in terms of sheer improvisation.

Tristero, Jimbino, Aggie87 and 5 others like this.
  4. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Somehow I can draw a line from the humour and somewhat footloose sensibility of the Islands band to P2 ...

Unfortunately it would be too cost prohibitive for them to re-author and re-manufacture replacement Blu-ray discs (and DVD-Audio for the ProjeKct X album, which is also affected) for this set, regardless if the additional material would fit in its longer form or not

Don't most Blu-ray players read USB sticks anyway? Download the replacements and use one of those instead, it's a bit of a hassle but worked for me. Burned DVD-R discs might also work, with just the raw files on?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    Runicen and gd0 like this.
  5. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

Oh totally. I can hear that.

6. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Because it is…

NumberEight likes this.
  7. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

For me, the Double Duo and ProjeKcts might be even better. I return to this era more than any other, by far. I never get tired of listening to the 2000 tours, the shows from 2001, and especially P1 and P4. I wish P1, P3 and P4 (even P6!) had toured longer because they were coming up with just fascinating performances with each show.
    I think the improvs started to get shorter until they ultimately weren't stand alone pieces in 2003, but the songs and performances almost made up for it.

8. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

The thing with the bonus stuff is that it’s…bonus stuff. I’m glad they provided a corrected download 100%, but the handful of albums impacted are not what I have actually played from this box set much more than once. What I have played a LOT are the live and studio discs comprising the primary box set, which is fine on all discs included.

9. krimson

krimson Forum Resident

Except the one P1 gig if I do believe I am correct.

MichaelCPE likes this.
  10. MikeManaic61

MikeManaic61 Forum Resident

11. krimson

krimson Forum Resident

MikeManaic61 likes this.
  12. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

13. MikeManaic61

The wrong speed?

14. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

About 3/4 of this thread is about the wrong speed thing.
    If you don't want to read it the summary is that the ProjeKct X bonus album on the DVD plays about 15% faster than it should.

15. alakulju

alakulju Music is the best! - FZ

Somewhere halfway through this thread you can find detailed instructions how to fix the speed issue by yourself.
    For some time DGM made the corrected files available for download online, but I don't know if that option is still there.

16. seasonsinthesky

seasonsinthesky orphan coal, sleep, etc.

The downloads are still on DGM Live. If you try to buy them, it refunds you – so the only way to access them is to contact DGM with proof of box purchase.

Seems silly they haven't put these up for individual download sales yet, as an aside.

Plan9 likes this.
  17. KCLizard

KCLizard Forum Resident

Send an email to Mr. Mundy at DGM or publish a messsage on their forum , they will send you a link to the corrected speed in 2448.

You will need to send them a proof of purchase, for myself it was my confirmation mail from Burningshed

18. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

MikeManaic61 and Plan9 like this.
  19. MikeManaic61

I've looked on their website but I don't see anything on the "Contact Us" section about a Mr Mundy.

20. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

The address I used was [email protected] but I don't know if they check that anymore

21. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

Yes you are correct. I was thinking it was just the Project 1 Live at the Jazz Cafe and Collectors Club 22 albums, but looking now I see the 1997.12.04 is also included in the replacement files.

krimson likes this.
  22. KCLizard

KCLizard Forum Resident

He is the webmaster of dgmlive.com , go on their forum and post a message, he will find your email address and he will contact you. Expect to be ask for proof of purchase. He will then send you the link with a code that you can use to download everything.

MikeManaic61 likes this.
  23. The Woodsman

The Woodsman Active Member

*bump*

I see the latest Burning Shed mailout brings news of “the return to the shelves” of the Heaven and Earth box set.

Just wondered if anyone had heard whether or not this is a new pressing, and - if so - might it contain a corrected Blu-ray?

ries and Bfunkthe1 like this.
  24. Nycademon

Nycademon Forum Resident

The email also says "DGM / Panegyric Back Catalogue", so I doubt it.

The Woodsman likes this.
  25. Bfunkthe1

Bfunkthe1 Forum Resident

I wonder if Amazon and others will get this back in stock as well.
    It helps us in the United States, and elsewhere, to defer the expensive shipping charges.