KING CRIMSON The ConstruKction of Light DELUXE BOX - some details (Heaven and Earth deluxe) *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Adam Pajda, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Judge Judy

Judge Judy Forum Resident

Them and Bear Family. They're the only ones doing box sets right. I don't see why anyone else bothers.

sleeptalker likes this.
  2. diderot

diderot Forum Resident

One of the Chicago's concert was released a few weeks after the tour ended.

3. Doctor Flang

Doctor Flang Forum Resident

True, but it was a soundboard recording. As good as it is, I would like to hear it remixed from the multitracks.

diderot likes this.
  4. seasonsinthesky

seasonsinthesky orphan coal, sleep, etc.

I was under the impression they don't have them for every show. They did in 2015, but I haven't seen a more recent quote from anyone saying they still record every show in multitrack; just soundboards, unless planned to be multitracked for a release like the Mexico nights or Vienna.

TFEC likes this.
  5. TFEC

TFEC Opinion Holder

They do.

6. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Hey, don't forget Mosaic for Jazz fans, but your point is very well taken. Why don't the other big bands take notice?

Clucking likes this.
  7. opiumden

opiumden Forum Resident

Shouldn't we change the title of this thread to "Heaven And Earth" box since that's the title?

JediJoker and albertop like this.
  8. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

I've got a hunch (based on nothing) that this box's contents – and title – are subject to further review.

9. Jimbino

Jimbino Goad Kicker, Music Lover

Oh yeah? Well, I've got a feeling, a feeling deep inside (oh yeah) ...

;-)

10. Judge Judy

Judge Judy Forum Resident

Probably $.

11. albertop

albertop Forum Resident

It seems so from what’s been said by Fripp in Bournemouth. A few friends of mine were there. It should be ready for March 2019, and it’s called (at the moment): the reconstruKction of light. Who knows...
    News also regarding the 50th anniversary box set of in the court. It will probably include all the takes from the recording sessions. That’s what I’ve heard.

Runicen, Max Florian and Jimbino like this.
  12. Robin Redbreast

Robin Redbreast Well-Known Member

13. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

gillcup, agn, Mr. H and 10 others like this.
  14. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

50 Collectors’ Club Releases

2019 will see the release of CLUB48, CLUB49 and CLUB50 - the final three in the Collectors Club series, taking it 50 releases in the band’s 50th year. CLUB48 will be a recently discovered board recording of the concert in Newcastle on 8th December 1972 by the complete Larks Tongues in Aspic line-up before Jamie Muir left the band.

That sounds extremely interesting.

15. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

16. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

The "stickler for minutiae" part of me can't help but notice that, while the original ProjeKct X album was titled 'Heaven And Earth', here they've now chosen to change to an ampersand. :eek: Maybe no one noticed? It's probably not too late to change it. The devil really is in the details. :winkgrin:

Pim likes this.
  17. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

Heaven And Earth is the name of a ProjeKct X album. Heaven & Earth is by King Crimson. :)

18. maki881

maki881 Forum Resident

I absolutely agree, that IS a nice artwork!
    But.. „as usual“? Out of the (soon) three of these boxes that contain more than one studio album, this is actually the first time they chose not to reuse the cover of one of the contained studio albums. The decision to reuse Discipline’s and Islands’ covers led, when you put all the boxes side by side, to a predominance of the colour red that in my opinion does not do justice to the different moods of KC‘s albums. Just to think what they could have done had they decided at least to do a collage of ..Poseidon‘s/Lizard‘s/Islands‘ and Displine‘s/Beat‘s/Three of a Perfect Pair‘s covers for their respective box sets...

Concerning the question of track listing: at least we now know that the box will cover the years up to and including 2008, which must (?) mean that the short-lived Fripp, Belew, Levin, Mastelotto, Harrison lineup (i.e. the 40th anniversary tour) is included. I personally wasn‘t expecting it to be, so.. good news already!

19. JediJoker

JediJoker Audio Engineer/Enthusiast

Also of note:
    And:
    And finally, almost unbelievably:
    I guess (Heaven &) Hell has frozen over.

These are each likely worthy of their own threads.

Runicen likes this.
  20. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

I think I'm most excited about the documentary and its soundtrack to be honest! :-D

Billy Infinity, agn and JediJoker like this.
  21. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson Forum Resident

This Heaven & Earth box is going to have to be huge to cover everything during that time period...I fear quite a bit of stuff will be left out.

Runicen likes this.
  22. whiskeyvengeance

whiskeyvengeance Forum Resident

Agreed. I can't be the only one who is enough of a completist to have been hoping for separate ProjeKcts, ConstruKction and TPtB boxes. But I understand that such an approach might not be as commercially viable as, say, separate Larks, Starless and Red boxes.

Nevertheless, I am pretty excited, mostly for the possibility of more multitrack mixdowns from the 2000-2003 era. Why, oh why did they have to use soundboards to compile the Heavy ConstruKction set? The sonics of that set hardly do this incarnation of the band justice!

agn and Zach Johnson like this.
  23. heepsterandrey

heepsterandrey Forum Resident

I’m pretty sure this Heaven & Earth box isn’t meant for completists. It will probably be more like the THRAK box set that has a lot to offer but it’s not every single thing that era of the band recorded.

seasonsinthesky and aphexj like this.
  24. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

I know what you mean ... but just because it isn't complete, doesn't mean it isn't meant for completists. The THRAK box actually had a rather narrow selection of material to draw from ... I'm thinking/hoping that Heaven & Earth will have a far more comprehensive feel.

Runicen likes this.
  25. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

For me the box sets so far have been about telling a story of how the band evolved; where it came from, where it ventured, and how it pointed the way forward to the next incarnation. Having these next two box sets effectively book-end that story is perfect. And the fraKctalization/Double Duo/introduction to Gavin seems like a very compelling arc, in that respect