King's X Song By Song Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jeff Kent, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Wil1972

Wil1972 'Nader Dodgin' Champ

Very promising! And much needed at the end of this crazy work week! Heck yea!

Bfunkthe1 and slipkid like this.
  2. Danikk74

Danikk74 Forum Resident

why would you think Ty is just playing to a dUg demo?

Wil1972 likes this.
  3. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident Thread Starter

Historically dUg's demos have been 99% complete with little to add. That could be why Ty doesn't quite sound like Ty on this track. Just a thought though.

4. Jeff Kent

"Hello everyone. I recently recently went in for some medical tests and discovered that I have an illness requiring vigilant monitoring. As a result, I will need to remain in the US while following medical advice and potential treatment. I know this is a disappointment for those who have waited so long for our European shows. I am sorry for this unavoidable setback. I want everyone to know that my prognosis is good. We plan to keep doing shows in the US so I can remain close to home and take less risks while dealing with this change in life. Thanks so much for all of your love and support - Ty

NOTE: this doesn't change the 3 shows we have in July, as they will be the last shows before the treatments.

Lead with love and share love - King's X"

ian christopher likes this.
  5. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Ouch. THX for that (somewhat depressing) news. Hope Ty is OK.

Instant Dharma likes this.
  6. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Wow. Godspeed Ty.

7. Jeff Kent

Another new song...

8. Bfunkthe1

Bfunkthe1 Forum Resident

^
    Great!!!

Wil1972 likes this.
  9. Jeff Kent

I hope they play this one live tomorrow. They had their first rehearsal in over two years last night, said things went great.

Wil1972, slipkid and Bfunkthe1 like this.
  10. Jeff Kent

dUg comments: “After I turned 71, death was on my mind every day,Chris Cornell killed himself, and I was thinking of that. Lyrically, it’s about not giving up until you naturally die. I want to ride it out until it’s over. I’m laughing about how I haven’t gotten a will yet, but I should have one. Musically, I wanted it to be really simple, so you can dance to it.”

Wil1972 and Chazzbo13 like this.
  11. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Can't believe a new KX album is finally a reality. Got it on preorder today...

12. Jeff Kent

September 2nd seems so far away now...

Wil1972 likes this.
  13. Didn’tfeelathing

Didn’tfeelathing Forum Resident

It’s a fun lively track - The first listen through I was all geared up ready for a ripping Ty guitar solo… then Wally F makes an appearance.
    (I’ve grown used to his contribution now after a few listens)

Jeff Kent and Wil1972 like this.
  14. Wil1972

Good song!

Jeff Kent likes this.
  15. Jeff Kent

Going to see them tonight (7/28) in NYC.

16. Jeff Kent

Amazing show last night in NYC. Standard setlist with a few taken out in the middle to play three new songs. 'Let It Rain,' Give It Up,' and a Ty vocal on the slow burner 'All God's Children.'

It was their first show in two and a half years and I think they only rehearsed once or twice. A couple of glitches (as usual) including Jerry knocking his vocal mic off the stand and onto a cymbal...talk abut jarring. Jerry's sheepish/guilty reaction was priceless as were dUg and Ty's who turned around and laughed.

We were sitting right behind the soundboard and sneaking in midway through the set was one Paul Schaefer who bobbed, weaved, pointed and clapped in what I think was dancing. Paul goes to a lot of local shows, I've seen him before. For the last song of the regular set, Paul and his guitarist Felicia joined the band for 'We Were Born To Be Loved.' That song already sounds HUGE, but with an additional guitar and Felicia's vocals and Paul playing KEYTAR with a synthy organ sound it was even bigger. Paul looked a little lost, but it was fun...Roy was onstage filming it for the documentary too.

17. Wil1972

No footage of the Ty song? o_O Oh well. Glad they are back with new stuff. Been too long.

18. Jeff Kent

I haven't seen any yet, I'm sure it's out there. It's very similar to this one from his last solo album...

Wil1972 likes this.
  19. Jeff Kent

Part of the new Ty song...

20. Didn’tfeelathing

Didn’tfeelathing Forum Resident

Listening to ‘All God’s Children’ via the FB live stream of the 3rd (?) gig - kind of JJ Profit/Prophet vibes to it.
    It’s been mentioned many times before but honestly 3 or 4 Ty sung tracks would really be a welcomed addition to future sets. (it would also give dUg a vocal break too)

slipkid, 100423 and Wil1972 like this.
  21. Jeff Kent

Agreed, but for some reason Ty cuts all his leads from the setlist whenever given the chance...it's been that way for the last 10-15 years. What's odd is that Ty did a Jelly Jam tour during that period where he sang lead on every song.

slipkid and Wil1972 like this.
  22. Wil1972

Thanks, Jeff. Cool to hear Ty on lead vocals.

Found this just now - all 3 new songs from the show.

23. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Never in a million years did I think I'd ever see Paul Schaeffer at a KX show let alone guesting on my #1 song by any artist to play air drums along with!!

Wil1972 likes this.
  24. Jeff Kent

I've been to 50 or so shows in the greater NYC area and I've seen him a few times. Not just the nice places either. I saw him at Don Hill's once.

slipkid likes this.
  25. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I always found him semi-annoying on Letterman & I remember that a friend of mine hated him with a passion for some unknown reason, thought he was a "clown". But obviously he is a true muso who just loves playing and music (especially rock?), like the rest of us...

Wil1972 and Chazzbo13 like this.