Kinks Greatest Hits CD on PRT (ugly pink/black cover)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by poweragemk, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 22dRow

22dRow New Member

I stand corrected. I haven't done as thorough a comparison as you have and I trust your results re Complete Collection vs. Pink Uglycovertakular.

2. misterbozz

misterbozz Senior Member

Interesting the hunt is back on for that ugly one then..

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

...me too, I've been trying to find this for years.:)

4. pig whisperer

pig whisperer CD Member

there is a vinyl copy going cheap on eBay ending in 40 min. (same sound as the CD?)

Gorts, feel free to delete this post in 40 min :wave:

This cover is the same as a 3 album set I had years ago. I can't remember the songs on the hits disc, but I wonder if it is the same. I wonder if I have this in storage somewhere??

5. pig whisperer

pig whisperer CD Member

Congtats, I see you won it (you know who you are)!! BTW I noticed that someone with a name similar to mine tried to outbid you - it wasn't me -- I've been framed :laugh:

6. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

Finally getting around to figuring out The Kinks on CD. Loving CDKINK 7251. Can someone post a link to the original thread on "Ugly Pink" where SH first recommended it? Could have sworn I saw it.

7. warren

warren Forum Resident

jh901 likes this.
  8. warren

warren Forum Resident

9. David Jay

David Jay Forum Resident

I just found this secondhand, for just £5! Wouldn't have known about this CD if it hadn't been for this forum, so many thanks for everyone who contributed to this thread. Now listening to it and it sounds fantastic. To these ears (and admittedly modest system) it sounds pleasantly warm and clear, with great presence to the vocals throughout. Great stuff. Now listening to Wonderboy...

10. michael landes

michael landes Forum Resident

Well Respected Men has everything that was released (on 45) but didn't appear on a UK album. That was its purpose, it was designed to
    perfectly compliment the (British) albums. So in one well-defined sense it has EVERYTHING.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.