Kinks Village Green Preservation Society 50th Super Deluxe pricing, shipping, etc Thread*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hutlock, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John D.

John D. Senior Member

I'm all for that myself, a few too many is a lot better than not enough. I'm glad I didn't buy this box when it was first released though, it's almost half price now.

2. Not directly, no. Disney is very cautious with live-action catalog properties on home video. We know M Night Shmyamalan was in NYC in December color timing a new Unbreakable transfer.

wayneklein likes this.
  3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing Thread Starter

The big box is currently down to $91 on Amazon after being down around $86 earlier in the week. Might be a good time to grab one for anyone who still hasn’t done so...

4. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

Well, they probably only made so many. I'd say yes, it will go OOP at some point. I highly doubt they would ever take the time to make another one exactly like it. I'm just guessing sales were slow to begin with and anything out there is leftover and once it's gone, it's gone.

BuckNaked and croquetlawns like this.
  5. timnor

timnor Forum Resident

I've been waiting for the price of this box to drop but in Europe the cheapest I've found is 99 Euro new. I'm worried it'll go OOP.
    Do you think it's safe to wait or should one pounce now ?

6. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

They seem to have learnt their lesson from the BBC Box and Mono box, both of which went OOP quickly. I guess it all depends how annoyed you would be if you find you can’t get it.

7. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

Just get it. Worth every penny. Best box set of last year. Only one I still peruse and listen to. It's so great.

Steve62 likes this.
  8. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

9. lightbulb, nfmboss666 and kinkling like this.
  10. nfmboss666

nfmboss666 Forum Resident

You’re right, I wouldn’t have hesitated for a second if all 3 had signed.

11. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Yet the box is still only $90 & change on Amazon. It should be sold out by now at that price!

12. croquetlawns

Which means that many music lovers don’t know what they’re missing!

13. Dave Hoos

Dave Hoos Nothing is revealed

I feel almost like I got it for nothing ($40!!!).

14. croquetlawns

That's what I paid as well - lets hope a similar error is made with the Arthur box :righton:

nfmboss666, Dave Hoos and btltez like this.
  15. Dave Hoos

Dave Hoos Nothing is revealed

Is that due out this year? We're moving down to your neck of the woods so hopefully there will be enough left over if it's full price.

16. Dreams266

Dreams266 Forum Resident

Is the CD 50th any improvement on the vinyl reissue that came out a few years ago? I was not impressed by that very much. I have an original UK Pye now but it is kinda noisey. Love this album.

17. croquetlawns

Still just speculation I think, but if it's happening there should be an announcement soon (I hope!).

nfmboss666 and Dave Hoos like this.
  18. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

Well, a little more than speculation, since Andrew Sandoval confirmed he had finished work on the set.

Hep Alien, hutlock, btltez and 2 others like this.
  19. nfmboss666

nfmboss666 Forum Resident

Beautiful!

20. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

Hep Alien and btltez like this.
  21. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

WoW. FINALLY found a link for UK Echoes of the World documentary on Village Green record. Just finished watching it and just immediately want to watch it again. So great. The unseen footage of Ray and Dave playing the record in 1994 was incredible. Andy Partridge saying he will be struck down for saying they were above the Beatles was right on (sorry but it's true) as far as certain themes and britishness etc. Ray and Dave in some parts brought tears to my eyes. If you haven't seen it and want to PM me and I will share the link.

22. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

btltez likes this.
  23. MoonPanda

MoonPanda Forum Resident

Well, those of you who got a good copy, I envy you.

I ordered one from Amazon. It arrived at my Amazon locker, and when I went to pick it up, I showed the locker the barcode and it went THUNK THUNK but would not open. I called Amazon from the locker and was told it was faulty and I would have to wait 24-48 hours for it to be fixed!

The next day I got an email from Amazon and went back - this time, hallelujah it opened and I went home with my prize!

Opening the large shipping box, I found the set in its protective cardboard box. There was no sign of rough handling at all, and the protective box was unmarred. I took the box off, and the set looked great - until I looked at the spine. Both the top and bottom of the box spine had split open, almost as if someone had rammed the contents into the box with force. Ugh.

[​IMG]

Amazon wouldn't send a replacement. I had to return the first for a refund and buy another copy. So I placed a second order. I got it today. Unlike the first, when I opened the shipping box, there was no protective box, just lots of bubble wrap, with THIS inside...

[​IMG]

What a disaster. So now I have to return another copy. Right now I'm not inclined to try my luck a third time, which is a real shame as I really liked the set. I guess it was just not meant to be.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  24. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

Sadly iam far from surprised.

patient_ot likes this.
  25. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

I feel your pain. I ordered mine from Pop Market, came a week after release date despite having preordered, and it came destroyed. Returned, second one was worse. Returned, went to Amazon US, and it came in perfect condition. Don't give up. It is worth it. I play it constantly still. Of all the box sets last year, this one is the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.