Kinks Village Green Preservation Society 50th Super Deluxe pricing, shipping, etc Thread*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hutlock, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Although this issue was discussed on the other thread, shipping issues are causing some irritation there so I am just updating here regarding Amazon UK. Although until a few minutes ago my pre-order was showing as being delivered next week I have just had a dispatch email advising delivery tomorrow. In fairness to Amazon I withdraw my comments regarding potential late delivery. It does appear that they have managed to get stocks for long standing pre-orders sorted out so they have my thanks for that. Perhaps this was a temporary blip. It did appear that over the last few months standards were falling dramatically. Hopefully we are back to normal service.

2. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

The big box has come down to 99.99 euros on Amazon France. Great price.

ermylaw likes this.
  3. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

Just to give another side to the Amazon bashing, U.S. Amazon anyway...

At the time of the WA order, I accidentally signed up for a 30 day trial of Prime. I thought I was just hitting a link that would give me the info on the trial. Anyway, free shipping and day of release delivery, I kept the 30 day trial.

So about 2 weeks ago, I cancelled my Village SDE from whenever it was first made available (and the 2 Badfinger releases, which was a separate order) which was a free S&H, several day delivery, and reordered on the Prime trial. The trial ended 10/23, and I just got an email that my Village SDE has shipped for delivery tomorrow, Friday.

I have no real interest in Prime. I'm use to padding orders, if necessary, to get the free S&H, and waiting. And during the trial I never went to the site for streaming, so no hook there.

Just saying...

4. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

My Free Postage Amazon UK zone has apparently dispatched, and is labelled as “Parcel has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit”, but will deliver Sunday?! How odd. We’ll see...

5. Mine is arrive from the Kinks ( Glue) next Tuesday.

6. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

My Amazon UK order has dispatched and should arrive next week. I hope they packed it well.

7. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

Amazon couriers deliver seven days a week. Often get Sunday drop offs from them. Quite good because I'm usually in!!

8. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

It’s not the Sunday I’m shocked by, just that it takes so long from dispatch to me!

9. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

That's about $105 USD shipped...

10. Kernow Boy

Kernow Boy I don't like it

Stupid question, but......
    If I purchase this box set from Amazon France will it have the exact same English language content? I take it that the box set has not been released in different language editions? Thanks.

11. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

Same edition for all the world.

12. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

Votre commande Amazon.fr pour "The Kinks are the village..." a été expédiée.

Sweet!

13. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

has anyone here using amazon Australia had the box shipped yet?

14. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

Nope. Reasonably sure mine (placed at $180 or whatever, but adjusted down to $40) will ship. Still says arriving Tuesday.

fitzysbuna likes this.
  15. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

My 2 copies haven’t and I’m getting a bit toey!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    fitzysbuna likes this.
  16. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

Grrrrrrr. I meant to include the word ‘never’ between ‘will’ and ‘ship’.

Bonddm likes this.
  17. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing

Same here, nothing on my end yet either.

fitzysbuna likes this.
  18. Kernow Boy

Kernow Boy I don't like it

Thanks. Ordered a copy from amazon.fr for £107 inc. next day del.

A well respected man likes this.
  19. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Me neither - havent taken the money but says arriving next week

20. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

I am starting to think that may be it for amazon altogether for me in Australia! it does not feel like they are trying to compete with the other retailers and no not just in cds ! from headphones to food etc you would think for a company trying to get a foot in here they would be trying a bit harder. almost all the stuff I still see in amazon uk for cd pre-orders do not exist on the Australian one its a disgrace . regardless of what happens with this set I am just going for importcds from now on.

jsb! likes this.
  21. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Saw the box last night in my local store and it is a thing of beauty!

22. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

They arent trying to compete with overseas outfits - just Sanity and JB

But if you take this set - its only sold by 3rd party sellers - so Amazon dont have to hold any stock here

So the price is basically a conversion of where ever its coming from - in the Amazon Aust listing its Reflexrecordshop which is UK

The box at Amazon UK is £108.94 minus VAT and with a similar post to here (to the US of £3) equals $178 Australian all up - I dont imagine a 3rd party retailer could get the product for a cheap as Amazon so they are not going to be able to compete price wise so it

What Records have it for £95 but its £45 post!!

So they have added on a bit of profit/handling and 5 bucks post for it to be available for $234

So obviously we would all prefer to get it from Amazon UK but we cant now thanks to the stupid govt (and Gerry Harvey)

But...

ImportCDs - US - = $US182.20 (all up GST and shipping added) - which is $260 aust :(

and.... with Imports you have to pay up front and with Amazon you dont

So far - and its very early days - Amazon Aust havent been much dearer and in this case they have been muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better than anywhere else :)

Was the same with the Song Remains The Same box - was $130 bucks here when it was first listed - cheapest price all over the shop

Its gone up now but the Aust Amazon seems to have pricing irregularities like Amazon Canada does/did and with pre-ordering (for free) we can benefit from that :)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    Bonddm and fitzysbuna like this.
  23. hallucalation

hallucalation Forum Resident

Amazon UK charged me yesterday and still haven't shipped it..

24. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

Has anyone else ordered from Bullmoose? I got nothing. It says under status "Order Received".

25. tmoore

tmoore Forum Resident

My Amazon US order which was made on Oct. 6, is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. But I think I am out of luck -- in that my post office closes at noon. Judging from where it is at, and where I think it has to go before it gets to my post office, I don't think it will get there by noon.

My concern is that is a lot harder for me to get it at the post office during the week. Of course I'd also like to have it over the weekend to listen to it and to talk about it on the other thread, but I'm a big boy, I'll manage!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.