Kinks Village Green Preservation Society 50th Super Deluxe pricing, shipping, etc Thread*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hutlock, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

I’ve scored some crazy bargains from the amazon.com.au -

https://www.amazon.com.au/Monty-Python-mostly-Deluxe-Blu-ray/dp/B00MFQU0AW $2.50

https://www.amazon.com.au/TUSK-DELUXE-5CD-2LP-BOXSET/dp/B0178JP1FY $14.99

https://www.amazon.com.au/TROUBLE-NO-MORE-BOOTLEG-1979-1981/dp/B075R1VTW9 $44.99

https://www.amazon.com.au/BLUES-BEYOND-4CD-BOOK-MERCH/dp/B07653KKW6 $15.99

2. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

My box arrived yesterday, release day, which surprised me because i’m Not a prime member and chose free shipping.

The box itself was packaged in it’s own separate box, separate from the Amazon packaging.

3. hallucalation

hallucalation Forum Resident

Amazon UK still hasn't shipped my order yet and i preordered it in August!

4. joeym3

joeym3 Forum Resident

in August![/QUOTE]

I just noticed, amazon.uk is using I-Parcel to ship to US. When I googled I-Parcel shipping/packaging reviews, there are only bad reviews and many of them. Thanks for the info on the separate shipping box. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I-Parcel will include the same packaging.

jl151080 likes this.
  5. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

I just noticed, amazon.uk is using I-Parcel to ship to US. When I googled I-Parcel shipping/packaging reviews, there are only bad reviews and many of them. Thanks for the info on the separate shipping box. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I-Parcel will include the same packaging.[/QUOTE]

No problem. The box that the box set is packaged in is sealed with a sticker that has a Kinks logo on, so it would come packaged that way straight from BMG. So, that box was packaged inside an Amazon box, if that makes sense.

I’m hoping the White Album box will come packaged in a similar way.

Pawnmower and joeym3 like this.
  6. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

I’ve seen an increase in this type of packaging lately, which is great.

San, jl151080 and joeym3 like this.
  7. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

$130.07 on Amazon US now.

Rekkerds likes this.
  8. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

Thank you for this heads up! I also received "extra savings" on my order, just bought it for under 122 clams.

Can't wait to immerse myself in the new Village Green goodies!

9. Plus another $8.49 off for Prime Members.

10. stiofan

stiofan Forum Resident

On the Australian Amazon thing, I took the precaution of printing out Amazon's info when placing my order. It states "Ships from and sold by Amazon AU". As far as I understand it, that, plus the fact that it was advertised as being $39.99, means that Amazon AU has represented that it will sell the item from Australia at that price. The Trade Practices Act has something to say about representations.

Laservampire likes this.
  11. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing

Yup, I took screenshots of all the order pages and such. I mean I ordered it at $180, not my fault if they screwed up the price. Just ship the damn thing already!

fitzysbuna and ermylaw like this.
  12. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

when does your says it is going to arrive ? mine says by tomorrow night and yet it still has not shipped

13. Laservampire

Mine says 31st to the 2nd. No shipping or charges yet. I'm assuming the will send them because didn't someone mention that they got an email after ordering two boxes at $40 that Amazon agreed to ship just one?

fitzysbuna likes this.
  14. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

did you order 2?

15. Laservampire

Nah just one, though I told my mate about the deal so he could score one :righton:

Found bonddm's post about the two boxes and communication from Amazon AU:

fitzysbuna likes this.
  16. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

I’m in exactly the same place. What worries me is that they don’t have it for sales themselves anymore (& haven’t for a week or two). You can buy it from other sellers through them, but I think they’ll send me an email in the next 24-48 hours saying they can’t obtain stock, so sorry your order is cancelled.

17. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

that would be staggering if that happens ! and as I said before that would be it for me altogether with amazon ! back to importcds and jb hi fi!

18. tumbledweeb

tumbledweeb Forum Resident

I ordered 2 boxes but never received that email about honouring 1 of them. Although they were two separate orders. Mine hasn’t shipped yet but supposedly arriving tomorrow by 8pm.

19. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

The reason for my detailed fear is that it’s exactly what happened to me a couple of weeks ago with the Lennon Imagine boxset. Well, exactly except that Imagine was never heavily discounted. But a couple of days after release, and about when it was due to arrive, I got that email, plus a $10 discount on my next purchase.

I accepted that then - like I say, it wasn’t at an amazing price or anything - but if it happens again I’ll kick up more of a fuss, including cancelling a few open orders.

Still, let’s hope none of this is necessary...

20. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

how much was the lennon set when you ordered it ?

21. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

The friend who received the email about honouring 1, ordered 2 in the one order. Like you, I ordered 2 in two seperate orders and haven’t received the email.

tumbledweeb likes this.
  22. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

They actually do have it for sale, but via their global store.
    https://www.amazon.com.au/KINKS-VILLAGE-GREEN-PRESERVATION-SOCIETY/dp/B07GJ397BS
    Surely it wouldn’t be too difficult to honour their existing pre-orders via this stock?

23. fourfour

fourfour Forum Resident

I received my copy on Friday. (I'm in Toronto.) After looking through the memorabilia, I realized that one of the six glossy photos was missing. So it's going back.

24. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

Can’t remember exactly: ballpark of $100-110, I think? Better than other options in Australia but not outstandingly so, and in line with global prices.

fitzysbuna likes this.
  25. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

Interesting. That appears to be the ASIN for the US version, not the UK version (which is what I’d, and I assume everyone else here, ordered). That’s probably how they’ll get out of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.