KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by keefer1970, Feb 19, 2018.

1. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

Those are both pretty much interchangeable as both opener and closer :)

MikaelaArsenault and twicks like this.
  2. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

[​IMG]

These guys agree..............:D

3. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

How about what they close the initial show with and that is Black Diamond. I am not a fan at all of LMGRNR.

4. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

RARAN as an opener is a really interesting idea - it is their mission statement after all! How about they do that and have a brief/reworked reprise of it also at the end?

5. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

If they play "Too Much Blood" with Keith wielding the chainsaw (just like in the video), I can lose 'em both. :p

6. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

Going by how the voice in the recordings sound these a probably from around the mid-90s through the early-00s.

Well, his voice was already shot live by the time they recorded Monster and there had already been 2 years or terrible live recordings of his voice sounds terrible. Even on Sonic Boom, it sounded pretty shot.

That was the last tour they tried to play a whole bunch of deep-cuts. I think the tepid reaction to those songs probably didn't help in their reluctance in playing similar songs on future tours.

Pretty sure the did on the Alive! tour or at least it was very late in the set.

7. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I loved when they did that! It was clear they wanted to "throw away" "Satisfaction" - I'm sure they were tired of it being the 9-hour set closer it'd become so they just tossed it out there to be done with it.

Only thing better than a "tossed off" "Satisfaction" is a show where they don't play it at all ala 1999! :shh:

8. Oatsdad

If Kiss doesn't play "Tom Sawyer" when they come to town, I'll demand a refund! :mad:

Err, you saw U2 last May so you know they did drop "Streets" from the set!

9. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

Tom Sawyer??? KISS fans are mad enough about Tom Thayer!

10. Oatsdad

If Tom Thayer doesn't play "Tom Sawyer", I'm gonna demand a refund! :mad:

11. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

ok. I will admit it now.

THAT'S pretty bad...

12. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I know, and it really didn’t work.

And I’m just burned out on “Tom Sawyer.”

13. jackinbox

jackinbox Forum Resident

Does anyone else remember the Asylum tour where they covered "Won't Get Fooled Again" and "Whole Lotta Love"?

14. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

They did that on the Animalize tour but with different songs. Paul did Communication Breakdown on his 89 solo tour as well.

15. D.B.

D.B. Forum Resident

Yeah, Hell Or Hallelujah should be in the setlist for sure! It certainly is a "Klassic". Such a great riff, and it maintains momentum as a song. Sure, it's an afterthought of I Stole Your Love, but a good one!

16. Oatsdad

I thought it worked fine. A U2 show doesn't automatically flop because they don't play "Streets"!

Heck, no concert is dependent on one song. Makes no sense to me that a concert would live or die based on the performance of any one song - at least not for artists who have a bunch of hits...

17. warewolf95

I think Modern Day Delilah should replace Say Yeah.

Its a BANGER! When I saw them play it in 09 it totally destroyed.

18. warewolf95

I still can't believe they did an actual full cover of WGFA. One of the best wtfs of live KISS. :)

MikaelaArsenault and M321115 like this.
  19. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

They did "Rock And Roll All Nite" in the middle of the set on the Revenge tour. Would've been cool if they decided to open up the Farewell Tour (you know, the first one) with that tune to mix it up. The song grew beyond tired and predictable and by-the-numbers.

I always like when a band does something like that -- trot out one of the tired old warhorses and open the show with it, just to get it out of the way on their end -- and the audience laps it up. I've seen Cheap Trick open with "I Want You To Want Me". It brings the house down, and the band then gets to play the rest of the set without that one looming on the horizon. Win/win.

ejluther and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  20. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Paul's father attended the LA show - he'll be 99!!! years old in April.

[​IMG]

Sandinista, D.B., 905 and 17 others like this.
  21. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

Agree. I like that much better than Say Yeah. This set list is extremely disappointing. It looks like they almost spent zero thought on it and that is disappointing in so many ways.

D.B., Matthew Tate and warewolf95 like this.
  22. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

I love them both...I think live Say Yeah works a little better because it's an automatic sing-a-long.

D.B., Purple, ejluther and 3 others like this.
  23. drapes

drapes Forum Resident

Maybe it's been mentioned upthread, but AC/DC did that too a few tours back when I saw them - opened with You Shook Me All Night Long. It was one of the most fun concerts I've ever seen.

D.B. and Matthew Tate like this.
  24. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

That's pretty cool!

Cooler still, Gene gave him a 5% discount on his Meet and Greet.

25. And he gets to spend 95% of 30 seconds with the band.