KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by keefer1970, Feb 19, 2018.

1. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Some fans have assumed since the vocals don't sound like 1975 studio recording that means it's live. I just said they are more recent recordings that can appear more realistic. I don't think fans have compared them, but those 2008 vocals or other live vocal multitracks from that era would be easy for them to pull.

Check the kruise video I just posted for color teleprompter notes.

2. Goldtop33

Goldtop33 Forum Resident

These bands that lip synch are a detriment to real music and music lovers in general. Heritage acts like Clapton & The Stones would never resort to this bs.
    The fact that Paul loves to talk smack about Ace & Peter all the time and even used to call out other acts for not playing live makes this a gazillion times worse & just that much more offensive.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. SoundAdvice

7 min Feb 2019 breakdown of 10 songs regarding what Paul is doing on his mic.

I think Paul is only doing MAYBE 25% live mic.

4. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

The hypocrisy from Paul is a little rich at this point, when your skills have deteriorated so much, quit with the smack talk about former members. It should be obvious to anyone who has followed this band that they don't care as long as people keep coming out, spend some $$ on merchandise and enjoy the show, they'll do whatever it takes to get the job done.

Queezma and Matthew Tate like this.
  5. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

i stopped watching that video after the first "example"....some of the parts that say lip synced look and sound live to me, no difference in the sound of Pauls voice

Curveboy likes this.
  6. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Yeah, as I said when I saw them on the tour it was clear that here and there Paul had some assistance but it was nothing huge. I do think it's on the dishonest side but when you are sitting there the power of the band still comes though.

MechanicalAnimal6 likes this.
  7. SoundAdvice

When the tour started some fans went full CSI on clips from the west coast. Here's 4 shows overlapped for the opening song and Paul is the same.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. Markyp

Markyp Forum Resident

What about this.
    Some lines Paul has to sing live; there is no back -up.
    Other lines there is a tape that he can sing over but it is there if needed and he can back off.
    If his voice can’t do a whole show, (and just doing a half hour show isn’t obviously an option ) then this allows him to pace and protect his voice.

Matthew Tate and Curveboy like this.
  9. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Also in a live setting you're dealing with crowd noise, the band itself @ over 100db, the special effects going off and the visual distraction of the whole spectacle. Unless they blatantly screw up (like Paul being 20 feet away from the mic when his vocals are on) it should pass the smell test if you're there.

10. Goldtop33

Goldtop33 Forum Resident

Because Paul’s voice was already going by the time he recorded his vocal tracks years ago

Matthew Tate likes this.
  11. Goldtop33

Goldtop33 Forum Resident

12. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I just read that David Lee Roth is no longer the opening act (he was still listed when I bought my ticket a few weeks ago). The opener now is performance painter David Garibaldi.

Anyone seeing them tonight (the first show in the new leg of this tour) or in the next few days, would love to hear what you think.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. ACK!

ACK! Senior Member

I think he opened some shows for them previously. I've heard good things about him.

mmars982 likes this.
  14. Goldtop33

Goldtop33 Forum Resident

you heard good things about the painter? Lol

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. Goldtop33

Goldtop33 Forum Resident

Yeah, I don’t think Gene & Paul wanted to pay him. I believe their hand was forced by the promoters the last leg of the tour because sales were lagging. Now that the public is hungry for ANY shows they figured they didn’t need him.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

I was bored out of my mind with the painter.....who has a painter as an "opening guest" on a music tour??
    i personally hated it and thought it was really lame.
    Even though Roth can't sing that great anymore and is super weird, i'd much rather hear some botched Van Halen covers live
    than watch a guy splash some paint around....

but that's just me, haha.

Curveboy, mmars982 and Matthew Tate like this.
  17. Goldtop33

Goldtop33 Forum Resident

I think it comes down to these guys not wanting any kind of legitimate opener as they will expose Kiss for being the subpar band they now are

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. Bob_Rush

Bob_Rush Forum Resident

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2021
    mmars982 likes this.
  19. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

20. Bob_Rush

Bob_Rush Forum Resident

Whew!! That's good news. Thank you!

Bob

21. Cachiva