KISS coming to the "End of the Road?"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by keefer1970, Feb 19, 2018.

1. fsutall

fsutall Senior Member

I could say Paul needs the money to subsidize his Soul Station covers project he's pushing lately that nobody cares about, but that would be mean...

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. PDK

PDK Forum Resident

Kiss doesn't rip off their fans. Maybe some of the fans rip themselves off.

You're blaming the drug for the addicts' behaviour.

Todd W. and nodeerforamonth like this.
  3. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

I'd be wary of that analogy. Going to hazard a guess that nobody finds the pusher a "noble" character in that story...

tages, Deuce66 and intv7 like this.
  4. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Why go to the effort of putting his "off-stage wig" every morning during rehearsals? Ace/Gene also seem to be wearing off-stage wigs as well.

[​IMG]

Doggiedogma likes this.
  5. That's a lot of wigs!

6. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

Is that photoshopped?

7. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

The price of tickets alone for this tour are out of this world who cares if the arena is half or 3/4 full the grosses they are going to pull in will be the biggest of their career. I can't see Paul, Gene, Doc and the Live Nation people going "let's keep the prices low as a thank you to the fans who supported us", it's more like "how far can we push the envelope to maximize gross ticket revenue". They see fans as wallets to be plundered for every last nickel they can get, in exchange for that they promise the show of shows....we'll see about that part. Anyhow $$ will remain firmly in wallet unless tickets are heavily discounted, no hints of that happening yet for the Vancouver show and there's plenty still available.

Queezma and intv7 like this.
  8. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

Picturing an alternate timeline where KISS promised $5 max ticket prices to their Army, ala Fugazi.

PDK, Tyler Chastain and GodShifter like this.
  9. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

If $75 is "out of this world", you probably should've picked a better major in college.

Todd W. and Matthew Tate like this.
  10. nodeerforamonth

No one HAS to pay for it. There is no law anywhere stating that you have to. Some people have money. Some don't. Those that have that kind of money to spend and want to, have the choice. I know I would, if I was worth millions.

Todd W., PDK and GodShifter like this.
  11. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

905 and Queezma like this.
  12. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

It's still ridiculous for upper level nosebleeds. Especially since after fees, $75 is going to be around $100. $75 for a decent seat would be about fair for an arena show, but of course they're never priced that way.

13. nodeerforamonth

I think mine were including fees. Can't remember and don't care.

Have fun staying at home. Maybe you can put on a concert DVD or something. Me? I'll be seeing KISS live for the last time.

Todd W. and Who'sTommy like this.
  14. nodeerforamonth

15. Artietodd

Artietodd Forum Resident

You'll be seeing Paul Stanley lip syncing to songs made popular 40+ years ago, backed up by Alice Cooper's drummer and a guitarist from a KISS tribute band.

I loved seeing KISS in 1996, 1998, and 2000, when it was KISS, for better or worse.

Perhaps a "nose bleed" seat may be best for this tour; if one is far enough away, one might actually think they are seeing KISS.

16. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

No such luck for Toronto, prices have not changed pre-sale or not.

17. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Okay, I checked, it's around $90 for the last row at the back of the arena (although add an extra $10-15 for the seats on the aisle...when did that crap start?). Still way more than I'd be willing to pay to watch a video screen.

Unfortunately I never got to see "real" Kiss. I've seen the Thayer/Singer version twice, and I'm good. Paul could at least still sorta sing like Paul in 2012 without the aid of backing tracks. I'm a lifelong Kiss fan, but between the prices, vocal issues, and mostly predictable setlist, I'm cool with skipping this one.

Matthew Tate, fsutall and Queezma like this.
  18. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

That second Toronto date is still struggling....3/4 of the arena still available. I am “hoping” ticket prices will be discounted “based on demand” closer to show day.

Deuce66 likes this.
  19. PDK

PDK Forum Resident

What does a noble pusher look like?

Pushers meet demand , no? I never saw a pusher force anyone to buy or imbibe their wares.

Kiss give the people what they want from my outsider perspective.

I can't imagine any positive mindset that motivates someone to criticize Kiss for creating a market or criticizing the fans who choose to participate. It's all appears envy and hate based. It's not born out of love in any form.

Kiss and their fans fascinate me. Even the threads on forums.

carlwm, Todd W. and GodShifter like this.
  20. Marble Index

Marble Index Forum Resident

Have a good time, I guess?

[​IMG]

M321115 likes this.
  21. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

It's a guy who won't take no for an answer. Sometimes that works out and sometimes not. Actually it's no different than not being photographed without makeup. It's image.

22. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

Gene has got to have been rocking the wig for nearly 20 years now.

23. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Ticket prices have been "dynamic" for a few years now. It's not a Kiss thing. Ticketmaster sells lots of tickets to third parties for inflated prices and they profit share with the artist. Outside of small independent venues that aren't affiliated with these vendors, there are very few artists that don't participate in this common practice in normal arena settings.

24. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Umm 20? He started in 1984ish. The whole Animalize tour he had one. Paul and Gene's hair systems have a complicated history.

25. markaberrant

markaberrant Forum Resident

This isn't Kiss. Even if it is, it is a horribly inferior version.

Kiss was horrible on the 2001 farewell tour. I had front row tix, I think I paid $35. I had my fill by that point, they were decent in 96 and 97, but they were already over the hill.

I saw a freshly clean and sober Ace in 2008, and he absolutely ripped it up with a young, energetic and hungry backing band. No way I would bother seeing him now.

Spending $75 or more for a BS nostalgia trip to relive your "glory years" seems pretty sad. I prefer to live in and enjoy the present. This is why I don't bother seeing most nostalgia acts. There are so many other current bands worth spending your money on.

intv7 and Matthew Tate like this.