KISS: The Songs 1974-2012

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodShifter, Feb 7, 2017.

1. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Wow that video is unbelievable. I read about it a couple of days ago without watching and assumed they were at least half-kidding. Watching it now I see they were totally serious and...wow. That is just awful and so uncalled for to act that way. The guy handled it really well though.

2. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

I'll bet they would have no problem with that.

William Smart likes this.
  3. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Rhino spokesman said they reached out to Vinnie to attend one of the Vault Experiences. Now that would be crazy!

Bob Kulick is doing Vegas.

William Smart and Curveboy like this.
  4. William Smart

William Smart 21st Century Schizoid Man

Actually they didn't! I wouldn't have been surprised if they had, but wearing a hometown Heroes T got a pass! Lol even among the prog sophisticates. Pax good sir! Iam

5. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Unbelievable and embarrrassing but maybe it finally shows that Kiss is in all the ways just jealous as Iron Maiden is superior to them in everything and every way possible.

6. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

Definitely jealous of those record/ticket sales, that's for sure

D.B. likes this.
  7. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

I bet that there's more to this than only the record or ticket sales, but as this is Kiss-thread I won't go too deep into details.

D.B. likes this.
  8. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member Thread Starter

I don’t think it’s jealousy as much as pure pettiness and their inflated egos. Most bands would say something nice about the band on the guy’s t-shirt or relay an anecdote about them. But not Gene and Paul; it always has to be about them. I find them making the guy take shirt off ridiculous as was Eric Singer’s comment about attending a Raiders game with a different team’s jersey. People do that stuff all the time at football games. He’s out of touch and Gene and Paul have become complete pricks in their old age. It’s pretty sad, actually.

9. Zoot Marimba

That is Singer being a Kiss ass

10. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Like you said @GodShifter, it's just sad really.
    I wouldn't have expected to see that video but it just makes the prejudice of those people that they are getting really desperate, old ego pricks.
    And if they continue like this, eventually they can be taken as "has-beens" (when was the last time Kiss released good new music?)...I think I go back and listen to some Iron Maiden's epic-songs instead now.

11. GodShifter

Monster was pretty good but that’s almost 6 years ago since it was released.

I don’t begrudge Gene and Paul for still wanting to play, work, and make money, but, man, be nice to your fans. That should be the first rule of any successful artist. It’s cliche, but it’s true: they’re the reason you’ve had the longevity and lifestyle you’ve had/have and, really, it’s not that hard.

12. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

Big Pricks indeed! Sad to see. I felt bad for the interviewer.

13. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

You know what else is crummy? I don't know if this is they way things are done in showbiz but I heard that the guys that play in Gene's solo band have to pay their way on the tour. They have to pay their own travel from town to town and their own means of traveling too. In other words, no tour bus for Gene's musicians. That seems kinda weak to me on Gene's part.

MagneticNorthpaw, D.B. and GodShifter like this.
  14. GodShifter

Very weak if true. Wow.

SammyJoe and Zoot Marimba like this.
  15. Zoot Marimba

Well if that is true, then Chuck Berry did indeed inspire Gene

16. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

All I can say is I hope that’s not true...if it is, I hope that they all wear Iron Maiden shirts on stage!

rebetis, William Smart and GodShifter like this.
  17. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

I heard it from a friend of mine that is close friends with one of the musicians in the band.

ejluther and GodShifter like this.
  18. GodShifter

A gig is a gig I guess, but I’d be pretty bitter if I was in Thee Rock ‘n’ Roll Residency. That’s a good band and Gene’s lucky to have them. He should treat them way better and certainly can afford to do so if he wished. Gene’s a tight wad jerk.

William Smart and Zoot Marimba like this.
  19. Exile On My Street

Exile On My Street Senior Member

What a bunch of assholes! Fake Peter acting like he's been in the band since 1973..LOL

If I were Iron Maiden I would hit the stage next concert in KISS t-shirts. At least those guys have a sense of humor!

20. Exile On My Street

I wouldn't have interviewed them. I would have said "Screw it! I'm wearing my Maiden shirt, pricks...Later!"

These guys really make it difficult to remain a fan.

D.B., Use_Your_Koala, Rhett and 2 others like this.
  21. Exile On My Street

On a lighter note just giving a shout out to @npgchris who sent me some videos along with my KISS certificates, which came out awesome! You rock, dude!!!

D.B. and GodShifter like this.
  22. GodShifter

So true.

D.B. and Exile On My Street like this.
  23. Cheevyjames

Cheevyjames Forum Resident

I can still separate the guys themselves, esp. in advanced age, from the music they made. I love that it was a Maiden *t-shirt* that made them so flustered.

24. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

I think they have arthritis of the brain. They've become completely inflexible of outside thought.

25. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

I thought Ace has been committed to sobriety for many years now?? Unless it's prune juice...

[​IMG]